HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   what happened to empire hunting webste (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/326308-what-happened-empire-hunting-webste.html)

yukonmountainman 07-22-2010 08:43 AM

what happened to empire hunting webste

i was just wondering if anybody knew what happened to the empire hunting website. i tried going on one day and it was gone.

Steve863 07-22-2010 08:48 AM

Good question! It just vanished one day. It's been at least a couple months now. I kind of liked a NY state only site, although I don't miss a few of the folks that posted there. A few AR proponents there that were real clowns.

yukonmountainman 07-22-2010 08:53 AM

yeah it was nice having the new york only

DeerandbearhoG 07-22-2010 09:35 AM

I was on that site for a short while, it was a complete joke! The admin. kept pushing all this AR and QDMA crap, it was like 3 forums dedicated just to that kinda stuff ,and you couldnt debate it either or theyd just ban you. I also couldnt believe how many liberal, pro gun-control, greenie morons there were on there. Glad to hear its gone:cool2:

Steve863 07-22-2010 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG (Post 3651019)
I also couldnt believe how many liberal, pro gun-control, greenie morons there were on there. Glad to hear its gone:cool2:

I actually welcomed that part compared to what I see on this site. There are a good many hunters out there that don't believe in gun ownership the same way the NRA members do. Maybe that explains why most hunters in this country are NOT NRA members? This type of thinking would surely be more prevalent in a state like NY than it might be elsewhere. This thinking might be due to the urban influence or whatever, but these people have the right to hunt just like anyone else and I admire them for doing so eventhough they may face some scorn from their neighbors. In fact I generally have more respect for people who have diverse opinions on things, and aren't simply a bunch of clones in thought, actions and political affiliation.

halfbakedi420 07-22-2010 11:37 AM

i saw an article saying the supreme court will not prosecute gun possession cases because it is a violation of rights. thank you nra

W.Ztirem 07-22-2010 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Steve863 (Post 3651094)
I actually welcomed that part compared to what I see on this site. There are a good many hunters out there that don't believe in gun ownership the same way the NRA members do. Maybe that explains why most hunters in this country are NOT NRA members? This type of thinking would surely be more prevalent in a state like NY than it might be elsewhere. This thinking might be due to the urban influence or whatever, but these people have the right to hunt just like anyone else and I admire them for doing so eventhough they may face some scorn from their neighbors. In fact I generally have more respect for people who have diverse opinions on things, and aren't simply a bunch of clones in thought, actions and political affiliation.

I too miss the Empire site. The moderators of the site did a good job in keeping the debates under control and interesting.

Daveboone 07-22-2010 04:15 PM

http:// huntingny.com
Try this site out. At the site it talks a bit about the fate of the other site. This one has only been up a month or two, but is very similar and actually probably a bit of an improvement on the old site.

DeerandbearhoG 07-22-2010 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Steve863 (Post 3651094)
I actually welcomed that part compared to what I see on this site. There are a good many hunters out there that don't believe in gun ownership the same way the NRA members do.

Oh really? ...and just what might that be?

Maybe that explains why most hunters in this country are NOT NRA members?
No thats called being cheap, narrowminded, and selfdefeating.

This type of thinking would surely be more prevalent in a state like NY than it might be elsewhere.
Yeah just like high taxes, liberal over spending, big govt over regulations, lack of jobs, entitlements, and crime. yeah we should be real proud of our little society here:rolleye0011:

This thinking might be due to the urban influence or whatever, but these people have the right to hunt just like anyone else and I admire them for doing so eventhough they may face some scorn from their neighbors.
Quite wrong you are steve. How in the hell can one expect to have a privilege(hunting) when they dont even support their own constitutional right to own and use guns????? Liberals deserve exactly what they ask for, which is govt control of our lives and rights, they surly dont deserve to hunt with guns IMO.

In fact I generally have more respect for people who have diverse opinions on things, and aren't simply a bunch of clones in thought, actions and political affiliation.
How admirable:rolleye0011: but did you ever stop to think that maybe some of us "clones" support the NRA and oppose unconstitutional NY gun control, because we actually cherish our right to own and use any guns we damn well feel like owning, without the thugloving NY state legislature, and politicians, telling law abiding citizens , what we can buy and how many bullets it can hold? nevermind Im sure it goes waaaay over your head.

Bernie P. 07-23-2010 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Daveboone (Post 3651249)
http:// huntingny.com
Try this site out. At the site it talks a bit about the fate of the other site. This one has only been up a month or two, but is very similar and actually probably a bit of an improvement on the old site.

I think that's the same site resurrected.