Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
what happened to empire hunting webste >

what happened to empire hunting webste

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

what happened to empire hunting webste

Old 07-29-2010, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

If all gun owners agreed with YOU and the NRA, the NRA would have millions more members. The reality is that many gun owners don't agree with YOU or the NRA. Get used to it! LOL! NICS checks are for sales by dealers. Private sales on many weapons don't require this. One can pretty much sell to anyone who shows the money, with no questions asked and this is not considered a black market sale. I know you can't possibly fathom how guns from private sales end up in criminal hands this way. That's your problem and not mine.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

If all gun owners agreed with YOU and the NRA, the NRA would have millions more members.
I've talked to lots of gun owners who aren't members of the NRA. Everyone of them says they're not members because:

1- they haven't gotten around to joining
2- know they should but too lazy
3- don't want to spend the money

None of them disagree with the NRA. If you got the option for a free lifetime membership to the NRA with your first gun purchase, 99% of the people would check the YES box.

Oh yeah, and there a lot of gun owners who don't join because they think there are lots of others that will take up the cause for them. There are also the naive ones who think nobody will ever threaten their gun rights.

Last edited by BarnesX.308; 07-29-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Steve863
If all gun owners agreed with YOU and the NRA, the NRA would have millions more members. The reality is that many gun owners don't agree with YOU or the NRA. Get used to it! LOL! NICS checks are for sales by dealers. Private sales on many weapons don't require this. One can pretty much sell to anyone who shows the money, with no questions asked and this is not considered a black market sale. I know you can't possibly fathom how guns from private sales end up in criminal hands this way. That's your problem and not mine.
Thats exactly the point for crying out loud. what good are NICS checks, permits, databases, and "common sense gun control", if people can buy guns privatley? That is exactly why law abiding citizens should be allowed to arm themselves without having to jump through hoops, that and lock these murders, terrorists, and gang bangers up longer, so theyre not out on the streets in 1st place, doesnt that make more sense than banning a piece of steel?

As far as the NRA membership #s go, its called ,people are cheap, lazy and selfish. Like you, they want to own guns, but dont want to support the groups that lobby for those very rights , in case you havent noticed, its a trend in this country ,these days. why do you think less than half of the population even pays taxes? Everybody loves there govt entitlments and programs, but they expect someone else to pay the bill. same thing with the NRA
Old 07-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
Thats exactly the point for crying out loud. what good are NICS checks, permits, databases, and "common sense gun control", if people can buy guns privatley?

Blah!! That IS my point. If ALL gun sales even private ones required NICS checks, there would be way less guns on the illegal market. All guns made enter the market legally. The gun manufacturers don't put them on the street, subsequent buyers and sellers do. If every sale required a NICS check, and then penalties issued to those that don't follow this rule, you would have people thinking twice about selling them to just anyone who shows them the money. Sure there would always be some on the black market, but no one will convince me that way less of them would be available to criminals if every sales transaction required a NICS check. As I said before, a legal gun owner would be able to have as many guns as he wants, just like always. No one would be taking any guns away from them.

I will be sure to bow down to you mighty NRA members who think they pay the way for the rest of us. I must warn you, though, my rear end will be facing you and my pants will be down to my ankles.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Steve863
Blah!! That IS my point. If ALL gun sales even private ones required NICS checks, there would be way less guns on the illegal market. All guns made enter the market legally. The gun manufacturers don't put them on the street, subsequent buyers and sellers do. If every sale required a NICS check, and then penalties issued to those that don't follow this rule, you would have people thinking twice about selling them to just anyone who shows them the money.
Oh yeah thats worked great in stopping the sales of illegal drugs, prostitution, and cheap labor. How can people be so naive and cluless? I think Ive heard enough.Now go turn in your guns hypocrite
Old 07-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not even close of a comparison! Cocaine, marijuana, prostitutes aren't manufactured products that enter the market legally. Ruger, S&W, Glock, Remington, etc. make a product and put it out into the market legally. After the initial sale by the retailer to the consumer, the trail of the product can and in most cases does quickly end. With NICS checks with every sale, way fewer would end up on the illegal market. Real simple step, yet you guys can't handle it. Unbelievable!
Old 07-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im starting to think youre pulling my leg, cause you cant be serious! Are you actually saying that just because there s a law restricting certain people from getting certain products, that it will stop them from getting it? Is this your 1st week on earth? How do minors get ciggaretts and alcohol? how do people get perscription pain killers or steriods without a script?heck I just bought 2 asthma inhalers online no questions asked! That law wouldnt stop crap and you know it. For the 100th time now ,say it with me, control the criminals, not the guns!
Old 07-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been resisting the urge to " pile on," so I won't elaborate..

However, I can't help from making a statement or two..

Steve... Whether you like it or not, the NRA is the SINGLE biggest reason that you still have what gun rights that you still possess in this country... Obviously you could care less about your rights under the 2nd amendment of the US Constitution, but many of us treasure ours, and the NRA is our champion...If it weren't for the NRA you would have given up your gun rights long ago to the likes of the Kennedys, Pelosi, Fienstien, etc...

You don't deserve to maintain your gun rights, but you will because of the efforts of people who support the NRA...
Old 07-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
Bull! You got insurance, you got locks on your doors, do you wear seat belts? Id wager you even have an readily accessible gun or 2 in your house "just in case". You have the same fears as I do, and rightly so, to quote goerge carlin "thats the point of living ...not dying!" what the hells wrong with wanting to defend yourself? wouldnt it be easier to control the criminals by locking their asses up longer, than to ban guns they might use? do you really think these hoodlums are gonna become fine upstanding citizens, if they all of a sudden cant get guns? they cant get guns in prison can they? prisons are pretty violent places from what I understand. Explain that!
What,me worry! I have my property surrounded with Claymores!

Last I looked the sky was not falling!

By the way, prisons are violent because they are full of violent felons.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Back to the op - the new forum has a lot of the same faces, but is different. Certainley a bit looser moderation, but so far is working well. I like to see a place where you can state opinions and arguements strongly, but kept above the personal crap.

I had no problems with the old site. I am as vocally anti mandatory AR as anyone one, and never had the pro AR mods edit or delete a post. Although I only found it a year ago, it had been around for some time to develop. Given some time, and positive contributions by the members, the new one should do the same. Nice to have a NY forum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.