Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
what happened to empire hunting webste >

what happened to empire hunting webste

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

what happened to empire hunting webste

Old 07-28-2010, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

My guns were bought for the SOLE purpose to hunt with and are locked up to keep them out of my kids hands. I don't have itchy fingers like you guys have to shoot at the first shadow I see outside my window. No, criminals seldom shape up, but a good many of them wouldn't have ended up in jail or started committing crimes if guns weren't so easily accessible and an easy way to start a life of crime. A whole lot easier committing crimes with them, than without them. We are a country that is proof of that. The criminal mind lives everywhere, and in all nations. They only have a great advantage in our country, which quite simply is the availability of guns.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

The criminal mind lives everywhere, and in all nations. They only have a great advantage in our country, which quite simply is the availability of guns.
What do you want to do about that?
Old 07-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
What do you want to do about that?
A number of things could be done. I know what I would do. I will let you guys figure out for yourselves what some of these things could be. It wouldn't take one gun out of law abiding citizens hands, but would drastically curtail guns from being sold with no questions asked to people who shouldn't have them. Real simple solutions yet the NRA and it's followers (which actually includes very FEW gun owners in this country)would have a cow over them. In life there are compromises with everything. Gun ownership is NO different.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heres some humble pie for ya steve, http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ers-per-capita

Once again I, the freedom loving conservative is right, and you the typical NY, pro gun control, gun owning hypocrite is wrong. USA is #24 for murders per capita, behind lots of countries w/ im sure, much stricter gun control, if not total disarmament, which is what you claim is the solution to reducing violent crime I thought we were the worst steve? .Guess criminal control, not gun control logic just cant reach someone like you. youd just rather ban an inanimate object so no one can have them right? Hope yours are the 1st to go.

In the words of my man Bob Grant "it takes all kinds folks"

Last edited by DeerandbearhoG; 07-28-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hahaha! If you consider Zimbabwe, Mexico, Colombia, and Kyrgystan a more civilized nation than Spain, Japan, Germany, and New Zealand than you might be on to something! LOL!

Here's a list from the same web page where they show murders with firearms. Our standing here is much better, ain't it?

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...cides-firearms

And here's one for you. Gun death rates by state. Notice how your liberal states have lower rates and your freedom loving states have the higher rates. NO, no correlation between guns and crime, right?? LOL.

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/cri...te-per-100-000
Old 07-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

It wouldn't take one gun out of law abiding citizens hands, but would drastically curtail guns from being sold with no questions asked to people who shouldn't have them.
I thought you said there are already too many guns available. What are you going to do about the existing guns?

And who's on your list of folks that can't have a gun?
Old 07-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Steve863
Hahaha! If you consider Zimbabwe, Mexico, Colombia, and Kyrgystan a more civilized nation than Spain, Japan, Germany, and New Zealand than you might be on to something! LOL!

Here's a list from the same web page where they show murders with firearms. Our standing here is much better, ain't it?
what freaking difference does it make what tool a murderer uses are crimes any worse cause a gun was used?

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...cides-firearms

And here's one for you. Gun death rates by state. Notice how your liberal states have lower rates and your freedom loving states have the higher rates. NO, no correlation between guns and crime, right?? LOL.

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/cri...te-per-100-000
The fact that DC has the strictest gun control laws in the country, bar none, and it is at the top of the list, proves gun control doesnt work! as far as the other sates, what that list doesnt account for, is all the crimes that are prevented in those freedom loving states, by armed citizens. did you ever stop to think that maybe there are just more criminals in those states? Heck we probably got as many guns here, as the southern states, probably more, cause people got more$ in NY, to buy em. the only difference is, ours have to have trigger locks and you can only shoot someone w/ 10 bullets at a time Boy, you really got a problem with freedom, liberty and the 2nd ammendment dont you? I think in order for you to be taken seriously about wanting less guns in America, you should take all yours down to the nearest police buy back program, and turn them in to be destroyed, wouldnt want them falling into the hands of a criminal would ya?
Old 07-29-2010, 04:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will not be turning in my guns, have NO reason to. Sensible gun controls work and has nothing to do with giving up freedom. Many of you fellas even get p!$$ed off for having to wait 15 minutes to have a background check done when you buy a gun from a dealer. I have NO problem with such waits, call me anti-gun, anti-freedom all you want! You want society to trust you with modern guns just because it was written down on a piece of paper 230 years ago when all that was available to people was childs play to what is available today. Keep dreaming fellas! Just wait until some home grown terrorists use guns bought easily in this country to commit some havoc in this country and you will see what happens to guns! I will be interested to see the b!tching you guys do then when you say that your guns are being taken away. All I will say is that you had it coming!
Old 07-29-2010, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308

And who's on your list of folks that can't have a gun?

Background checks are not required for many firearms sold in a private sale. So what prevents a felon from buying one?? Absolutely nothing! Required background checks for EVERY firearm sold would drastically curtail them getting guns. Modern day computer technology could make this process as simple as logging on to a website. Any gun transfers without this background check would put the buyer AND the seller in jeopardy of prosecution. Please don't try to tell me this simple process would be detrimental to gun owners and our freedoms and at the same time cut down on guns sales to people who shouldn't have them.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

This has got to be one of the most absurd debates Ive ever had with anyone, and to think you are a gun owner is astounding! Do you even realize the circles youre talking in. 1st you say gun control reduces crime, then you say criminals buy their guns legally ,then you say we need more laws, more background checks and some bloated beurocratic computer database (yeah those are reliable)but then you say it doesnt matter because the guns will fall into the hands of criminals and homegrown terrorist anyway because its really a problem of having too many guns in america. I really cant make heads or tails of what your point is. we already have instant NICS checks. what more do you want? A felon cannot buy a gun in a store just like a junkie cannot buy perscription painkiller in a RX w/ out a perscription. The laws are already there restricting sales of all kinds of stuff. people are gonna get what they want on the black market, no matter what, ever heard of illegal narcotics? Less guns is not the answer, a murder or terrorist can get all he needs to kill, just as effectively, if not more, from a quick trip the gas station and home depot. Just out of curiosity steve, how many guns should there be in this country 1,2,3 per person?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.