Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
what happened to empire hunting webste >

what happened to empire hunting webste

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

what happened to empire hunting webste

Old 07-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would like you or anyone to point me to the law in NYS where you are not allowed to transport a firearm and bow at the same time in a vehicle. If someone is driving to their hunting camp and decides to bring their bow to bowhunt and rifle to sight in for the upcoming gun season, there is no law that I am aware of that would make this illegal. I carried both in my vehicle plenty of times when I used to bowhunt and know plenty of others who do the same. Many hunters bowhunt the day before the gun opener, and then gun hunt the next day. You think these guys drove back home to get the guns?? Now if you are caught with a weapon out in the field while bowhunting, that of course is a whole different ballgame since the law is clear on this.

Since you can do anything you want in Texas, maybe you should move there. Your hunting license may cost less there, but try to find as much available state land there and see if deer hunting in general will cost you less there than it will in NYS?? I don't think so! LOL

Last edited by Steve863; 07-26-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

On pg 18 of the 2009/10 dec HB, under manner of taking it says "it is unlawful to possess a firearm of any descrp. when bowhunting or accompanying a person BHing during spl. BH season. to me, and apparently to DEC officers that have stopped me, that means when you are out bowhunting, if you are possessing a gun, even in your car ,they will assume you brought it into the field, if not they wouldve specified "in the field". I tell ya what though, put a bow in your car during archery deer season, next time youre out small game hunting, and drive through a DEC check point. Tell em you were bowhunting deer that day w/ your gun in your car. I guess well see what happens

That said I find it pretty comical that all you could come up w/ to argue my points, was a loose interpretation of one of many laws I gave as examples, of stupid weapon laws in NY. That and a measly little yth turkry season and DMP transfers, wow that really makes upfor all the other stuff i mentioned

I would really like for you or one of the other empire hunting forum liberals, to tell me why NY gun control laws are so great. so far all you can offer is the old "love it or leave it" line

Last edited by DeerandbearhoG; 07-26-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you have a deer carcass in your possession at a DEC checkpoint during bow season with a bullet hole thru it, then I could see them harassing you about the gun in your vehicle. Otherwise they have absolutely NO reason to bother you about it.

We have various gun laws in effect EVERYWHERE in this country. Some are federally mandated ones. Many of these laws make a great deal of sense, but of course you guys think NO laws will help stop crime. Go ahead and try it in a big town like NYC and you will see what happens.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Steve863
If you have a deer carcass in your possession at a DEC checkpoint during bow season with a bullet hole thru it, then I could see them harassing you about the gun in your vehicle. Otherwise they have absolutely NO reason to bother you about it.
youre forgetting this is NY, harassing law abiding citizens is par for the course. what if you just dropped the deer off at the butcher? or a bunch of other scenarios? they could say, "how do we know you didnt kill the deer with the gun" ? its not the point anyway, the law is not about what you killed the deer with, its about what you hunted deer with and if its in your possession you could have hunted w/ it. My point is, at best its open to interpretation. if hunters were allowed to possess firearms while bowhunting ,thered be less BS they could harrass you about, thats my point, less weapon restrictions, not more, nothing positive for hunters is accomplished by them, you should not support them!

We have various gun laws in effect EVERYWHERE in this country. Some are federally mandated ones. Many of these laws make a great deal of sense, but of course you guys think NO laws will help stop crime. Go ahead and try it in a big town like NYC and you will see what happens.
Ill tell you right now what will happen- criminals will think twice about who the prey on, because now LAW ABIDING citizens will be armed, or at least have the option , should they choose, and I got a gut feeling most would, even the liberal hypocrites. I dont know whats so hard to understand, people who commit violent crimes on innocent people dont buy guns legally, how do these stupid laws stop them? if anything it emboldens them!
Old 07-27-2010, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
I dont know whats so hard to understand, people who commit violent crimes on innocent people dont buy guns legally

Sure they buy them legally. Private transactions of firearms involves virtually NO legal paperwork in most jurisdictions in this nation. Just like selling a gun to friend, the guy up to no good can get a weapon just as easily in a private transaction where he is not required to fill out any paperwork or undergo a background check as he would in a reputable gun shop. Absolutely nothing illegal about showing some cash and coming home with a gun without any questions asked. And please don't tell us that plenty of guns that were bought "legally" in gun shops don't end up in crimes. As we all know lots of people seem to like to go postal in this nation, and virtually all of them acquired their weapons "legally", whatever that actually means in this country.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sure they buy them legally. Private transactions of firearms involves virtually NO legal paperwork in most jurisdictions in this nation. Just like selling a gun to friend, the guy up to no good can get a weapon just as easily in a private transaction where he is not required to fill out any paperwork or undergo a background check as he would in a reputable gun shop. Absolutely nothing illegal about showing some cash and coming home with a gun without any questions asked. And please don't tell us that plenty of guns that were bought "legally" in gun shops don't end up in crimes. As we all know lots of people seem to like to go postal in this nation, and virtually all of them acquired their weapons "legally", whatever that actually means in this country.
In nyc and NJ it is illegal to buy and possess guns w/out a permit. it is also illegal for felons, a category of which most murderers fall into, to buy and possess guns, period.

Now with that said, you just defeated your own argument that gun laws "make a great deal of sense" by saying that crimes are committed with legally bought guns. If gun control laws dont stop criminals from getting and useing them in crimes, than why do they "make sense"?

I think Ive proved my point and think Ive wasted enough time argueing such simple concepts. Youre obviously content w/ the NY liberal staus quo , enjoy.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

If gun control laws dont stop criminals from getting and useing them in crimes, than why do they "make sense"?
Because ANY civilized nation under the sun has a lower gun crime rate than we have. Why? Because they have real gun control. Our gun controls are virtually a joke in comparison to any of theirs. Now, I'm not calling for our country to follow their laws in regards to guns completely, but just pointing out some facts here. More guns available, More crimes will be committed with them. Does that make any sense to you? I doubt it! Saying that a felon is breaking the law right off by purchasing a gun since he is not legally allowed to is a complete crock! What else would you expect them to do, since getting a gun legally or illegally can be as easy as buying candy in this country? It's like putting a child sex offender in charge of a boy/girl scout troop and telling them don't touch the children. When things are made available to the criminal mind, they will take advantage of it. No rocket science involved in this theory, just reality.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Because ANY civilized nation under the sun has a lower gun crime rate than we have. Why? Because they have real gun control. Our gun controls are virtually a joke in comparison to any of theirs.
Wow I had no idea you were this cluless and self defeating. Real gun control? Yeah its called DISARMAMENT, you wanna be like australia where you cant even own pump action SGs? You wanna be like the UK? canada? ask those limies how easy it is to buy & own guns, I mean the kind that fire more than 2 shots, yeah real "civilized". Im guessing the words freedom and liberty dont mean much to someone like you, do they? How about the 2nd amendment, ever heard of that? You can have your eurotrash gun-control/disarmament, actually you deserve it! Ill hold on to my right as an American to own guns and defend myself for as long as I can.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow I had no idea you were this cluless and self defeating. Real gun control? Yeah its called DISARMAMENT, you wanna be like australia where you cant even own pump action SGs? You wanna be like the UK? canada? ask those limies how easy it is to buy & own guns, I mean the kind that fire more than 2 shots, yeah real "civilized". Im guessing the words freedom and liberty dont mean much to someone like you, do they? How about the 2nd amendment, ever heard of that? You can have your eurotrash gun-control/disarmament, actually you deserve it! Ill hold on to my right as an American to own guns and defend myself for as long as I can.

Whatever dude! You're scared and feel the need to be armed to defend yourself from criminals with guns, then do something about them not getting their hands on them so easily. Quite simple. Just saying that it's already illegal for criminals to buy guns just don't cut it and has been proven not to work. Otherwise you will continue to have high gun crime rates and the likes of you will remain in fear for their lives. I don't live in such fear. My day will be up one day, just like yours. It may be due to disease, accident, old age, violence, whatever. I don't fear any of it, but am realistic enough to know that the easy availability of guns in our society doesn't help our crime rates one tiny bit! Anyone with any sensibility can see this. I feel sorry for anyone that doesn't.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't live in such fear. My day will be up one day, just like yours. It may be due to disease, accident, old age, violence, whatever. I don't fear any of it
Bull! You got insurance, you got locks on your doors, do you wear seat belts? Id wager you even have an readily accessible gun or 2 in your house "just in case". You have the same fears as I do, and rightly so, to quote goerge carlin "thats the point of living ...not dying!" what the hells wrong with wanting to defend yourself? wouldnt it be easier to control the criminals by locking their asses up longer, than to ban guns they might use? do you really think these hoodlums are gonna become fine upstanding citizens, if they all of a sudden cant get guns? they cant get guns in prison can they? prisons are pretty violent places from what I understand. Explain that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.