HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   what happened to empire hunting webste (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/326308-what-happened-empire-hunting-webste.html)

yukonmountainman 09-16-2010 08:55 AM

i have first hand knowledge of criminals and their disgusting ways, cause i am a police officer in a decent sized city in ny. here it is in short. we def need to keep the law aiding citizens with guns no questions about that. but criminals will burglarize houses just to get your deer gun saw it off into a street weapon, and these liberals are whats ruining our country. BECAUSE- when us officers catch the bad guys here are the diff ways they get off 1 they dont get caught by the police doing thier crimes 2 they are let go at pretrail cause the officer stopped him for no reason(yeah right) they beat the case through some liberal laws 4 they get convicted and use a first time or youthful offender status and get slapped on the wrist. 5 they plea it down to nothing- all of this burns cops out and then we go ack to number 1 and cops give up. so case in point unhandcuff the cops enforce the penalties like they should, and crime will greatly be reduced. thats just one scenario, there are tons of them- i should write a book lol

jimbodwb 09-19-2010 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG (Post 3681758)
Nore NY liberal nonsense , is there no end? Do you actaully think NY gun restrictions and "common sense gun control" stops at NICS checks in this state??? have you ever tried to own a handgun in this state? Ever tried to buy a an AR15? Hi cap mags? what about mandatory trigger locks? these restriction are ridiculous! My whole point is stop resticting the guns and start resticting the criminals , doesnt that make more sense?

As far as my interpretation of the law, if youre so sure im "very incorrect" why dont you drive through a deer check point with a shotgun and your bow in your vehicle during archery season, better yet do it while transporting a dead deer, and see what the nice DEC officer interpretation is?

First of all who said I was a liberal? I am not a liberal nor a conservative. I have views ranging both ways. I never said I was in favor of gun restrictions, I simply stated that I have no problem with every sale of a firearm being reported. There is no restriction there. I believe everyone should be allowed to own guns, just report that the purchase was legal.

And yes I am so sure you are incorrect because I contacted the DEC before I made my post and I was told that the law means you are not allowed to carry a firearm in the FIELD while bowhunting during bowhunting season. I was also told you are certainly allowed to transport a bow and a firearm in a vehicle at the same time. The example he gave me was what if you were to bowhunt the southern zone in the morning and gun hunt the northern zone in the evening? You certainly would not be required to go back home just to change weapons. I then mentioned your experience and he said the officer was incorrect in his interpretation of the law.

You seem to get very angry if someone questions you or has a different view than you. I don't agree with all of your views but I do agree with some of them. I don't get mad about it if you think I am wrong. I have my views and you have yours and there is nothing wrong with having an opinion on anything.

DeerandbearhoG 09-20-2010 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by jimbodwb (Post 3685114)
First of all who said I was a liberal I am not a liberal nor a conservative. I have views ranging both ways.

in other words you straddle the fence because you dont understand the issues and are afraid to take a side, in fear you will come off as partisan, I understand

I never said I was in favor of gun restrictions, I simply stated that I have no problem with every sale of a firearm being reported. There is no restriction there. I believe everyone should be allowed to own guns, just report that the purchase was legal.
Hmmm please explain to me how thats going to stop 1 frikken murderer carjacker, gangbanger, or felon from getting a gun. Do you not realize that for a marked up price or through theft, that people can get just about anything they want? Personally I think NICS are completly pointless, I could buy the gun legally and immediatly sell it to it anyone i want, legal or not and it probably wouldnt come back to me at all, and if it did i could just say the guy who committed the crime stole it from me. But NICS checks arent even the problem, Its all the other stupid NYS gun restrictions that piz me off! thats the point of the 200 posts i made in this thread

And yes I am so sure you are incorrect because I contacted the DEC before I made my post and I was told that the law means you are not allowed to carry a firearm in the FIELD while bowhunting during bowhunting season. I was also told you are certainly allowed to transport a bow and a firearm in a vehicle at the same time. The example he gave me was what if you were to bowhunt the southern zone in the morning and gun hunt the northern zone in the evening? You certainly would not be required to go back home just to change weapons. I then mentioned your experience and he said the officer was incorrect in his interpretation of the law.
ooooooh so the knob YOU talked to the phone knows his shhhh, but the DEC officer that stopped me is wrong huh? Dont you get it yet, its open to interpretation, if the DEC wants to **** w/ you over it he can. Wouldnt it be eiser have the law read "carry what ya want but dont you dare shoot a deer w/ a gun in bow season or this $$$$$ is the fine"? Oh no "this is NY and were not like those yahoos in other states, we gotta have stricter hunting and gun laws right"???? heard that noise a million times :bash:

You seem to get very angry if someone questions you or has a different view than you.
damn right im angry at my fellow gun owners and hunters in this state who seem to side w/ the gun grabbing legislature and politicians w/ this gun control crap . IMO you dont deserve the little rights you still have. ME ? I give them NOTHING!

I don't agree with all of your views but I do agree with some of them. I don't get mad about it if you think I am wrong. I have my views and you have yours and there is nothing wrong with having an opinion on anything.
You can have your opinion and your wishy washy state Im heading to Alaska(hopefully) as soon as I get my ducks in a row:patriot:
bu-bye liberals:wave:

Steve863 09-21-2010 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by jimbodwb (Post 3685114)
You seem to get very angry if someone questions you or has a different view than you. I don't agree with all of your views but I do agree with some of them. I don't get mad about it if you think I am wrong. I have my views and you have yours and there is nothing wrong with having an opinion on anything.

I'm glad someone else noticed! He wants every hunter out there to be a clone of himself. Can't handle any different opinions. His problem and not ours.