Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa hunters!!

Old 07-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default Pa hunters!!

Hello,
It is my great pleasure to introduce you great hunters to Foxfire Outdoors. We are a group of average joe, do it yourself hunters from western PA. We take great pride in capturing our 100% fair chase hunts on film to bring them to your tv screen. This past winter we released our 1st dvd titled Keystone madness. Keystone Madness features 13 action packed over the shoulder hunts filmed on public and private land through out western PA. We also were invited out to Evergreen Acres Outfitters in Landcaster MN this past September to hunt and film whitetails. We had great success there as well. Please check us out online at www.foxfireoutdoors.net to look at a preview of keystone madness and pictures of past hunts. Dont forget to veiw our great sponsor page. For all you camospace users hit us up at www.camospace.com/foxfireoutdoors. We are looking foward to being friends with you!

Thank you and God bless, and as always shoot straight!
Old 07-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default Here's an idea!

Why don't you come to central or northern Pa and film then you can show the world how great of a job the game commission did managing the deer across the rest of the State. You might need 2 seasons to get 1/2 hour of actual deer footage.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:49 AM
Spike

Hi, I just ordered one of your DVD's. I am looking forward to watching it. I am right down the road from you in Industry, PA. Good luck this up coming season.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 4evrhtn
Why don't you come to central or northern Pa and film then you can show the world how great of a job the game commission did managing the deer across the rest of the State. You might need 2 seasons to get 1/2 hour of actual deer footage.
That's not even close to being true.Where the habitat is starting to recover and where there's adequate food and cover,the hunting on public land in the northcentral part of the state is still good.I have zero problem filling every single tag,every single year on public land in 2G and I do it strictly hunting on saturdays.The PGC did exactly what needed to be done in this part of the state.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

Thank you Doug. Could not agree more. We do alot of filming in 2f. I have a cabin in forest county. I have hunted there my whole life and my family has been hunting there since 1968. The deer herd is healthey as ever. lots of nice bucks around. i know we dont see herds of 70 plus deer at once anymore but when we did they were mostly doe and small 1yr old bucks. very unbalenced. its getting better by the year!
Old 07-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree 100%.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DougE
That's not even close to being true.Where the habitat is starting to recover and where there's adequate food and cover,the hunting on public land in the northcentral part of the state is still good.I have zero problem filling every single tag,every single year on public land in 2G and I do it strictly hunting on saturdays.The PGC did exactly what needed to be done in this part of the state.
As always DOUGE, you must be right, isn't everyone who works for the DCNR or Game Commission???... I haven't hunted in 4c, and 4d for over 20 years and I don't hunt other states where their Deer herd numbers and quality far exceed ours, and I know nothing about forest regeneration/ maturity or preferred browse. The DCNR and PAGC are just amazing and must have a magic wand for the incredible job they have done by their timbering endeavors (for profit.... I mean habitat) and game management policies. Yeah, you're right and know more about the local woods and deer I've hunted for over 20 years than I do.

I am just one of those guys who scouts the week before the season and sights his bow in a day before the season and goes 80 yds from my truck at 9 am and leaves by 10:30 am on the first day and says there aren't any deer left because I don't see herds of 20 -30 deer run by me every 2 hours. You're right... Pa hunting is as good if not better than it's ever been..... what are our license sales down to?? Must be because there are so many great big bucks running around everywhere the lack of challenge caused hunters to give up hunting here and started hunting in WV and Ohio where their chances of harvesting a buck are far more less likely than here in Pa.

I learned if I have a deer in front of me and I cross my eyes I see twice as many, maybe that's what I should start doing so I see as many as you do.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:13 PM
Typical Buck

Come to my 200 acres in WV. You will see 70 deer in one hour, turkeys, yotes and maybe even a bear in my food plots or feeding stations. But you cant shoot any. But it would make good footage.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by foxfire66
Thank you Doug. Could not agree more. We do alot of filming in 2f. I have a cabin in forest county. I have hunted there my whole life and my family has been hunting there since 1968. The deer herd is healthey as ever. lots of nice bucks around. i know we dont see herds of 70 plus deer at once anymore but when we did they were mostly doe and small 1yr old bucks. very unbalenced. its getting better by the year!

Yes sir!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 07-16-2010, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 4evrhtn
As always DOUGE, you must be right, isn't everyone who works for the DCNR or Game Commission???... I haven't hunted in 4c, and 4d for over 20 years and I don't hunt other states where their Deer herd numbers and quality far exceed ours, and I know nothing about forest regeneration/ maturity or preferred browse. The DCNR and PAGC are just amazing and must have a magic wand for the incredible job they have done by their timbering endeavors (for profit.... I mean habitat) and game management policies. Yeah, you're right and know more about the local woods and deer I've hunted for over 20 years than I do.

I am just one of those guys who scouts the week before the season and sights his bow in a day before the season and goes 80 yds from my truck at 9 am and leaves by 10:30 am on the first day and says there aren't any deer left because I don't see herds of 20 -30 deer run by me every 2 hours. You're right... Pa hunting is as good if not better than it's ever been..... what are our license sales down to?? Must be because there are so many great big bucks running around everywhere the lack of challenge caused hunters to give up hunting here and started hunting in WV and Ohio where their chances of harvesting a buck are far more less likely than here in Pa.

I learned if I have a deer in front of me and I cross my eyes I see twice as many, maybe that's what I should start doing so I see as many as you do.
First of all,I don't work for the PGC or DCNR.I'm nothing more than an average hunter.

You stated that the PGC ruined the hunting all accoss the state,not just in your own little hunting area.I'll say this,if you deny that the deer severly impacted the habitat accross vast area of Pa,you have no clue.There are reams and reams of evidence to prove this and it's univerally accepted by professionals all accross the northeast.We had way too many deer for way too long and the only way to fix the problem was to greatly reduce the herd.It's not even debatable.It's also not debatable that if you actually hunt where deer should be instead of where you want them to be,you can still find excellent hunting on public land in 2G.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.