Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Anyone have high hopes for this years Pa season? >

Anyone have high hopes for this years Pa season?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone have high hopes for this years Pa season?

Old 07-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Fork Horn

of course when i say i think you will see an improvement i mean over 2 or 3 years. Not the first year these changes are being made.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always look froward to hunting season, but seem to usually get frustrated pretty quick with lack of grounds I am able to hunt......hunting land in bucks county is hard to come by......but I give it a shot and get out there when and where ever I can.....I cant kill a deer by sitting in my house
Old 07-19-2010, 04:02 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by foxfire66
of course when i say i think you will see an improvement i mean over 2 or 3 years. Not the first year these changes are being made.

I been taking horse back rides on the routes I'am allowed to ride on in SGL 141 the last couple of weeks. On each trip I seen more deer than I seen the last two years combined. Two years ago on that same sgl I was lucky to cut one track on that same loop. Judging from what I been seeing I would say my little area is seeing an improvement. Weather or not it equates to success remains to be seen.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Spike

You guys should try hunting Allegheny county. It consists of hunting in people's backyards, public Parks, and not wearing orange. I don't literally mean that but there is not much land to hunt. everyrtime there is a shot the cops are called. I do some hunting at my camp that's about 30-45 minutes from state college. I do alright though. I have hunted for 8 years and shot 12 deer (3 bucks) and 2 Turkey so I do okay
Old 07-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Spike

I hunt primarily in 4D SGL 108. I am looking forward to another dismal year.

Best wishes and good luck to those of you fortunate enough to have better prospects.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

I’m running 7 trail cameras and to date I have 1 nice buck and 2 non legal spikes, very few doe and only 2 fawns. so do I hold any hope for this years deer season NO! Now bear is another story I have been seeing several nice bears so this will be the year if I ever hope to shoot a bear thanks to the Saturday opening day for bear season . Well at least if they decimate the bear population folks like RSB will have one less excuse when it comes to the PGC,s deer mismanagement
Old 07-27-2010, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bowhunter2117
Well at least if they decimate the bear population folks like RSB will have one less excuse when it comes to the PGC,s deer mismanagement
Another record bear kill will be a welcomed distraction for them, then they can pat themselves on the back for their success at increasing the population of another fawn killer.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:26 PM
Spike

Im looking forward to this season! There are a ton of deer in the areas I hunt. My one property I saw 9 bucks and 45-50 does the last day of gun season last year. My property at my house always holds alot of deer. Im fortunate to have plenty of areas to hunt in 5c. Im going to start putting out trail cams next week, we saw 2 giants last winter thats were way bigger then the 10 pointer I shot.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

That's great! I hope you smoke a monster! Good Luck!!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Spike

4erver Is that your dog? I just had to put my gsp to rest this week. He was 15. I still cant believe hes gone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.