Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Anyone have high hopes for this years Pa season? >

Anyone have high hopes for this years Pa season?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone have high hopes for this years Pa season?

Old 06-24-2010, 05:05 PM
RSB
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 4evrhtn
Good to see you're back RSB. Wmu's 2 are too far from me to hunt the way I hunt. If I am going to spend 3 -4 hours driving I will just go another hour and be in Ohio and stay there for a week at a time.

Correct me if I am wrong but I only see one(maybe two) sheds that has more than the 4 point requirement. I thought there would be more racks with 5 on a side and up. Interesting. The beam lengths look good.
Thanks 4evrhtn.

Both unit 2F and 2G have only 3 points on an antler restriction.

Interesting enough most of the sheds being found do have three or more points on the antler so most of them had been legal during the season and survived by avoiding the hunters. One of the sheds has seven points and at least four of the others have five points.

Dick Bodenhorn
Old 06-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for clarifying that, I never hunted in that part of the state.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

I always have high hopes. Sure the numbers are down but in the past 2 years I took 2 of my biggest buck. Both with the bow and both the first week of Nov. During the earlier part of the season deer are far and few between. But come the onset of the rut the woods come alive. I saw seven shooter buck last year the first week of Nov. until I saw one I wanted to stick. Actually it was the second one. With the first one, I had a tree magically jump in front of the arrow before it reached the buck.
This year, I had the trail cam out earlier (April) and had pictures of 3 buck. Now seeing the pics on here I need to get my cam out again.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

i also have very high hopes and overall, i think the bucks in my area of 5A are going up...
Old 07-11-2010, 05:51 AM
Spike

I always look forward to hunting season. I get to spend time in the outdoors with my family. I would love to see more deer but I enjoy that time with my family being in the woods.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:15 AM
Spike

my hopes personaly have not been to high for the last few years do not get much time for hunting be in college but this year I'm holding more hopes this fall being my last semester should be able to get out more later in the season or if not look out next year. best of luck to ya all. every one getting the doe permits together to for tomarrow?
Old 07-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know of about 10 different legal bucks that survived last year. They will be bigger this year. Two of them have forked G2s and one was an honest 140-150 last year.

Here's the forked tine buck. Only problem is we only see him at night and in an area that is closed to hunting. We gotta' figure out where he lives in the day time and hopefully it's out where we can hunt him. He may just spend all his time around the development where there's no hunting
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have high hopes for this years Pa season?-mdgc0059.jpg  
Old 07-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Spike

I'm always hopeful, looking forward to hanging out at camp.
I set up a trail cam this spring, and it looks like there's a 3-4 nice bucks in velvet running around. Hopefully I'll get lucky this year.

Bear season should be fun as well. Saw a nice 300+ lb bear in May. The new archery bear season the week before thanksgiving, and firearm bear starting on Saturday should be a new interesting twist to the season. Should be able to get a big crew together to drive on Saturday, give ourselves and the bears a rest on Sunday, and get back out for another real hard day of hunting on Monday, and by then somebody surely should have gotten a nice bruin
Old 07-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Fork Horn

2f and 2g have 3pt to a side requirements.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Fork Horn

sorry, didnt see that was already answered. i know some areas seem way to over shot but there is a big reduction in doe tags this year and split seasons in some areas. i think you will see an improvement. atleast i hope you do. good luck to you bud.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.