Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NYBowhunters association hangs with the enemy? >

NYBowhunters association hangs with the enemy?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NYBowhunters association hangs with the enemy?

Old 06-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default NYBowhunters association hangs with the enemy?

hunters who support the option to hunt with crossbows in NY state please read, take special note to the next to last paragraph, the NY bowhunters association is standing out in a lobby shoulder to shoulder with an anti hunting group that also believes crossbows should not be an option for NY hunters, how appropriate huh???
http://www.registerstar.com/articles...d893809425.txt
Old 06-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Favorite part of the article - please read it all:

biggest outcry coming from the New York Bowhunters, a relatively small organization that — as Columbia County Sportsmen’s Federation Vice President Jim Bertram pointed out when the meeting came to a conclusion — has less members on its roster for the entire state than the Columbia County Sportsmen Federation has in the county.

A handful of NYB members stood outside the conference room, as did several people who oppose hunting all together. And, had I not recognized some of the faces, or for the signs the NYB were holding, it would have been difficult to tell the two apart.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

I doubt NYB is in league with the PETA freaks but it doesn't surprise me that their actions would catch up with them. They are their own worst enemy.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, some people will believe everything they read. NYB joining anti-hunters HAHAHAHA. I think its rather obvious the lack of facts is pure political B.S. It's pretty amazing how far some so called sportsman, and politicians will go to get what they want. Hey they lost this fight, so lets print a b.s. article to try ruining the main organization against the X-bow for the next round. Yup thats what I call being true sportsman right there. Heck the so called 1 man, no membership organization NYCHA has been calling NYB anti-hunters for awhile now. So I guess it must be true. Great info there sit in tree's. I think its time you woke up, and smelt the coffee my friend!
Old 06-19-2010, 03:14 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BuckAlley
Wow, some people will believe everything they read. NYB joining anti-hunters HAHAHAHA. I think its rather obvious the lack of facts is pure political B.S. It's pretty amazing how far some so called sportsman, and politicians will go to get what they want. Hey they lost this fight, so lets print a b.s. article to try ruining the main organization against the X-bow for the next round. Yup thats what I call being true sportsman right there. Heck the so called 1 man, no membership organization NYCHA has been calling NYB anti-hunters for awhile now. So I guess it must be true. Great info there sit in tree's. I think its time you woke up, and smelt the coffee my friend!
oh yea then why is the anti hunting website thats trying to stop crossbows in NY written word for word to the NY bowhunters assc websites BS, yea REALLY, go google it all the same BS about wounding and bringing more unskilled hunters into the woods, and the same unfair advantage song, and crossbows being like rifles crapolla word for word!!! i am certain that the NY bowhunters just copied and pasted the anti crossbow stuff right from PETA'S and the HSUS'S website because it fits their agenda perfectly, and thats hurting hunters in NY!!!
oh and by the way the battle isnt over by any means, bills are still pending and have more support this year than ever....
Old 06-19-2010, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm dead set against Xguns in archery season.Guess I should go join PETA immediately!!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 11:51 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bernie P.
I'm dead set against Xguns in archery season.Guess I should go join PETA immediately!!!!
go for it.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm dead set against Xguns in archery season.
What is a Xgun? CrossBOWS where in wide use hundreds of before guns and the word gun where invented. In use even longer then before the 90% plus letoff, scoped, trigger shot compound bow was invented by those not willing to do the work to be a "2 season hunter" (Fred Bear's promo) with the bows the seasons where started for.

If every anti crossbow hunter used traditional bows and wanted the compounds put in the gun season as well, I could see their point.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

"If every anti crossbow hunter used traditional bows and wanted the compounds put in the gun season as well, I could see their point."

I love trad bows.For years all I ever hunted with was the longbow.Putting compounds (yes I have one) in gun season wouldn't bother me in the least .
Old 06-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
My Favorite part of the article - please read it all:
Steve, at least we know who they sleep with. Out of pure desperation they are associating with the enemy of all hunters. They must be fans of Pope Leo I who met with Attila the Hun, guess what happened!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.