Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NYBowhunters association hangs with the enemy? >

NYBowhunters association hangs with the enemy?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NYBowhunters association hangs with the enemy?

Old 07-17-2010, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Again with the selfishness/greed?I'm not the one who wants it all here.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bernie P.
Again with the selfishness/greed?I'm not the one who wants it all here.
the selfishness/greed im talking about, doesnt refer to the weapon, like I said, I shoot compounds. It refers to trying to keep other potential hunters out of the woods during archery season. My point is, if its not a greed thing, why do you care if certain weapon, that potentially brings more hunters into the season, becomes legal? it cant be because of a theoretical increase in deer kill, because you can only legally kill what you have a tag in pocket for. If thats a concern, restrict the tags issued, not the weapon.

You wanna support the powers that be ,restricting perfectly efficient, or in your eyes, MORE efficient weapons, so be it ...not me!

Last edited by DeerandbearhoG; 07-17-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

With vastly growing deer herds, and deer/car collisions on the rise yearly I'm all for the crossbow use in the regular season by all means.

There was a huge debate between the ranks of the pope and young book too about the compound bow's 80% let off???
Keep two set's of books. One for the stick and string shooters, such as long bow and recurve bows, and the other for crossbow and compound bows. What's the big deal? It's your choice as which weapon fits your fancy!! Wow, enough of the in house bickering.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

"A handful of NYB members stood outside the conference room, as did several people who oppose hunting all together. And, had I not recognized some of the faces, or for the signs the NYB were holding, it would have been difficult to tell the two apart."

This quote from the article does NOT say the NYB members were with the others. It misleadingly says that both parties happened to be outside the conference room at the same time (possibly with totally different agendas...). I personally know and have known members including a former president. They are 100% hunting fanatics also. BUT...they rightfully so do NOT want to share the woods with crossbow hunters. Just as our "primitive NY muzzleloading season has become a non-primitive hunt, they are drawing a hard line in what they as a group want. Dont let the anti hunting groups feed you this malarky so easily.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just as our "primitive NY muzzleloading season has become a non-primitive hunt, they are drawing a hard line in what they as a group want. Dont let the anti hunting groups feed you this malarky so easily.
And don't let a small handful of a group of less then 2% feed you info as gosphel they claim all bowhunters support.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Daveboone
"A handful of NYB members stood outside the conference room, as did several people who oppose hunting all together. And, had I not recognized some of the faces, or for the signs the NYB were holding, it would have been difficult to tell the two apart."

This quote from the article does NOT say the NYB members were with the others. It misleadingly says that both parties happened to be outside the conference room at the same time (possibly with totally different agendas...). I personally know and have known members including a former president. They are 100% hunting fanatics also. BUT...they rightfully so do NOT want to share the woods with crossbow hunters. Just as our "primitive NY muzzleloading season has become a non-primitive hunt, they are drawing a hard line in what they as a group want. Dont let the anti hunting groups feed you this malarky so easily.
i know of several people who were there and witnessed the NYBowhunters having tea and crumpets with the anti hunting group!!
Old 08-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

"i know of several people who were there and witnessed the NYBowhunters having tea and crumpets with the anti hunting group!! "

So much of this discussion...and many other discussions...is given credit by people who "Know of people who were there..." but those who were actuallly there seem never to be heard from first hand.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

"If every anti crossbow hunter used traditional bows and wanted the compounds put in the gun season as well, I could see their point."
Wouldnt' bother me. I use my bow for both seasons.

It refers to trying to keep other potential hunters out of the woods during archery season. My point is, if its not a greed thing, why do you care if certain weapon, that potentially brings more hunters into the season, becomes legal?
Honestly, what "other" hunters is it going to bring to the woods? I can see if someone cant' physically draw a compound.... maybe. But how many are we talking about that would bring to the woods? I would say it would draw existing gun hunters that are too lazy to do the leg work needed in bowhunting into the woods during bowseason because it would be "easier". They already have a season for hunters like that. It's called gun season. So yeah put x guns into gun season. It's all the same. Sorry i'm not one to sugar coat it with Politically correct BS. I just call it the way I see it. I also comment on what I've already heard from some such hunters mentioned above and that's the impression I got.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Spike

my biggest worry about crossbows is that many will not take the time to learn the weapon and its range of effectiveness ... i fear many will throw a scope on it shoot a target a few times and head for the woods and start launching arrows at animals just because they can see them in the scope which will equate to more wounded deer ..

there should be a class given on the weapons effectiveness at different ranges and its ineffectiveness beyond those ranges ... trad and compound bow hunters do take much more time when it comes to practicing for that one shot ...
Old 09-04-2010, 06:16 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by bigscott
my biggest worry about crossbows is that many will not take the time to learn the weapon and its range of effectiveness ... i fear many will throw a scope on it shoot a target a few times and head for the woods and start launching arrows at animals just because they can see them in the scope which will equate to more wounded deer ..

there should be a class given on the weapons effectiveness at different ranges and its ineffectiveness beyond those ranges ... trad and compound bow hunters do take much more time when it comes to practicing for that one shot ...
How many bownunters do you suppose do not practice (if at all) prior to going afield and have wounded deer! Perhaps all bowhunters should be required to take a proficiency course prior to going afield(sic).

Sorry, but your argument does not hold water.

By the way have you picked out your crossbow yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.