Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NYBowhunters association hangs with the enemy? >

NYBowhunters association hangs with the enemy?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NYBowhunters association hangs with the enemy?

Old 07-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Spike

crossbows suck thats alls to it
Old 07-13-2010, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by yukonmountainman
crossbows suck thats alls to it

Compounds suck - gee this is an easy game to play.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bernie P.

I love trad bows.For years all I ever hunted with was the longbow.Putting compounds (yes I have one) in gun season wouldn't bother me in the least .
Oh I guess we all gotta live the way you do, huh?Tell me, do I have to wear boxers or tighty whitys?

I love the attitude " If I dont like it it sucks" or " If I dont use it, ban it". I guess you guys wouldnt oppose a ban on guns you own, because some douche bag lobby didnt like them.

Selfish hunters sicken me
Old 07-14-2010, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
Oh I guess we all gotta live the way you do, huh?Tell me, do I have to wear boxers or tighty whitys?

I love the attitude " If I dont like it it sucks" or " If I dont use it, ban it". I guess you guys wouldnt oppose a ban on guns you own, because some douche bag lobby didnt like them.

Selfish hunters sicken me
There's nothing selfish about it.Maybe the real question here is how much easier do you need it to get to kill a deer with a bow?The only reason we have a bow season is because it's SUPPOSED TO BE HARDER!!!Why can't you understand and accept that?Same holds true for ML season.There was a time when you could only use PRB's and no scopes allowed.It was harder back then as it was meant to be.What's allowed these days eliminates any justification for a so called "primitive weapon" ML season.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

There's nothing selfish about it.Maybe the real question here is how much easier do you need it to get to kill a deer with a bow?The only reason we have a bow season is because it's SUPPOSED TO BE HARDER!!!Why can't you understand and accept that?Same holds true for ML season.There was a time when you could only use PRB's and no scopes allowed.It was harder back then as it was meant to be.What's allowed these days eliminates any justification for a so called "primitive weapon" ML season.
Do you really think the weapon is the only thing that determines what makes a hunt difficult? IMO it has alot more to do w/ the stage of the rut, the weather, the terrain, the population, availability of food, the skills of the hunter himself,the access to private land etc...
The way I see it a broadhead through a deer does the same thing, no matter what launched it. I mean does it really make that much difference, if some hunters would be able to theoretically shoot a few xtra yds, or not have to actually draw before shooting? I dont think Id have many more rack on my wall if I had a Xbow on my archery season hunts.

Personally, I shoot a compound, and probably will continue to, even if X bows become legal, because that is what I prefer, but I will not support any restrictions on perfectly suitable weapons for hunting, we have enough weapons restrictions in this state, i want less, not more!
Old 07-15-2010, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not having to draw makes a huge difference as does greater reach and the ability to shoot with a rested aim.Even with the most accurate rifle on earth shooting well off hand is far more difficult and your accurate range drops tremendously.I certainly agree that weather/wind/terrain and such play a huge role but that has nothing to do with the topic we're discussing.All that applies regardless.The folks that worked hard to establish our bow seasons did so for their love of archery.Not because they felt there were to many restrictions in place.They simply wanted to use their longbows and recurves for hunting as well.That was their true motivation.They had no agenda in mind to go beyond that.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

They simply wanted to use their longbows and recurves for hunting as well.
so why shouldnt xbows shooters be given the same consideration? you cant rightly exclude weapons because you dont like them, or think theyre too easy to use. the only thing that should matter is that it will sufficiently kill a deer. the theoritical few xtra yds is not gonna make that much difference, and as far as not being able to be detected while drawing the bow, a compound or longbow shooter could easily accomplish the same thing w/ a blind. Xbows are also just as safe to use in urban hunting situations as compounds so I really dont see much logical argument against them.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I personally hate the use of blinds with any weapon.I do think crossbows are a very viable and effective tool for managing deer in urban enviroments.Pa first allowed their use in our special regulation units around the urban areas of Pitt and Philly.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not totally against their use.Just in the bow season.IMO-They should create a separate x season either following bow or after ML maybe a week or so long.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not totally against their use.Just in the bow season.IMO-They should create a separate x season either following bow or after ML maybe a week or so long.
...... or better yet why dont we just have a different season for every different caliber or type or firearm a person could possibly use??? why does it have to be so regulated and complicated? tell me, if its not about selfishness or greed, then what difference does it make if a deer is killed w/ a xbow on oct 1st, or a long bow on oct 15th? just allow any weapon that lauches a broadhead w/ enough power to kill humanely between oct 1st and nov 20th, and any weapon that fires a lead or copper projectile w/ enough power, between nov 21st and jan 1st , you get a certain amount of tags to be used before nov21st and a certain amount to use after, now doesnt that make alot more sense?

Last edited by DeerandbearhoG; 07-16-2010 at 08:41 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.