Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Looks like NY say's no to crossbows once again??? >

Looks like NY say's no to crossbows once again???

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Looks like NY say's no to crossbows once again???

Old 06-13-2010, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like noone from the NYCHA was there to support crossbows. Oh wait they don't actually have a membership!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2010, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BuckAlley
Looks like noone from the NYCHA was there to support crossbows. Oh wait they don't actually have a membership!!!!!!
yea but they will in the near future fellow hunter
Old 06-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by DougE
I personally don't consider crossbows archery equiptment but at the same time,I don't rabidly oppose their use either.They were approved in Pa last year and we didn't see a huge increase in participation at this point.I imagine as time goes on,there will be more and more in use every year but that's yet to be seen.
douge,reason is MOST already had crossbow and were hunting on disabled permit.pa does not issue permit for crossbow or compound or recurve, its just a ARCHERY PERMIT.
so its hard to say how many NEW crossbow hunters has happened as most had crossbow permit yrs ago.
in-line season in archery put a decrease in crossbow thing.money went to in-lines.500 dollars for crossbow or 300 for in-line you can use in ARCHERY SEASON,they went with in-lines.......
Old 06-16-2010, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep,there were alot of people using them on a disabled permit.The disabled permit process was pretty much a rubber stamp process so it wasn't hard to get one.Crossbow usage will increase as time goes on.Last year,the BOC went back and forth on their usuage for months so alot of people probably held out buying one until they knew that they'd be legal.

I doubt the inlines had any effect on crossbow purchases.Crossbows can be used all of archery season and you can kill a buck with one.Inline season is for does only and it's only a week long.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by DougE
Yep,there were alot of people using them on a disabled permit.The disabled permit process was pretty much a rubber stamp process so it wasn't hard to get one.Crossbow usage will increase as time goes on.Last year,the BOC went back and forth on their usuage for months so alot of people probably held out buying one until they knew that they'd be legal.

I doubt the inlines had any effect on crossbow purchases.Crossbows can be used all of archery season and you can kill a buck with one.Inline season is for does only and it's only a week long.
they hunt like you doug, they want MEAT but you hunt, they DONT crossbow is useless to most with in-line meat week.you have to be hunter to get deer with bow and with lack of deer ,its hard as heck to get deer in clinton county in archery with bow.

so they use in-line.as for bucks, those same bIrds hunt in crews in gun season. they have like 3 kids or more along, THEY SHOOT AT ANY BUCK, GET ON RADIO AND CALL FOR TAGS,heck they got it real nice now ,dont have to count points and tag arrives via radio and kid drags it out......
there is no way they are interested in heavy expensive crossbow when they got best of both worlds in the IN-LINE ARCHERY AND NO COUNT POINT GUN SEASON..

money went to IN-LINES ,no way these birds are going to sit in tree and wait weeks or more to see a buck ,if they even see one.
I AM OUT THERE, I AM RETIRED, I KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING ,I KNOW PEOPLE ,I KNOW AREA.

SPROUL HAS SPOKEN!
Old 06-26-2010, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Nice to get entertained

I live in a state that approved crossbows with a little wisp of wind that hardly disturbed a leaf on a tree. So I never saw an real life controversy on crossbows.

I'm rehabing for my shoulder, an old injury, for my two compound bows, that were invented over two centuries ago. (inside joke)

With the reduced number of hunters still coming, states are looking to get all the hunters in the field that they can.

The only controversy I'd have is with my wallet. I noticed the price increase on the crossbow over the last ten years.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Valentine
I live in a state that approved crossbows with a little wisp of wind that hardly disturbed a leaf on a tree. So I never saw an real life controversy on crossbows.

I'm rehabing for my shoulder, an old injury, for my two compound bows, that were invented over two centuries ago. (inside joke)

With the reduced number of hunters still coming, states are looking to get all the hunters in the field that they can.

The only controversy I'd have is with my wallet. I noticed the price increase on the crossbow over the last ten years.
you are right. you will have over 500 dollars in crossbow.that is heavy as h too.new compounds are really nice to shoot with let-off and are very light too.plus you get second shot.........