HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Fawns in pa (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/323888-fawns-pa.html)

sproulman 05-28-2010 07:53 PM

Fawns in pa

fawns were born this week here in pa.have been seeing a few but sad thing is i will see them now and by oct they are not with mothers.
i really feel BEARS,COYOTES,BOBCATS are putting a real hurt on fawns here in pa.
study that was done said 2 biggest killers were bears/coyotes.

rem700man 05-28-2010 11:20 PM

im just glad to hear that your seeing some fawns!

BOWHUNTERCOP 05-29-2010 12:11 AM

been seeing fawns here in Northwestern NJ for almost a month now, and I agree the biggest problem is coyotes and bears

pats102862 05-29-2010 03:38 AM

Need to be extra careful mowing the field with the haybine, almost mowed one over several years back. They like to hide in the tall grass.

sproulman 05-29-2010 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by rem700man (Post 3631430)
im just glad to hear that your seeing some fawns!

yes it is.next 3 weeks are really hard on fawns. if mothers can keep them near homes,good chance they will make it.

out in big woods, its not so good.

Frank in the Laurels 05-30-2010 10:09 AM

It's a field day for all our predators, bears, bobcats, fishers and the lowly coyote are having there fill these days..I've seen two personally last week while helping my grandsons trying to get a gobblers, too bad some tracks weren't visible to identify the varmint..betting on coyotes in this area..

sproulman 05-31-2010 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Frank in the Laurels (Post 3631714)
It's a field day for all our predators, bears, bobcats, fishers and the lowly coyote are having there fill these days..I've seen two personally last week while helping my grandsons trying to get a gobblers, too bad some tracks weren't visible to identify the varmint..betting on coyotes in this area..

i called in a bobcat with my hen call last week.how a peep makes it is beyond me ........

Camosteel 06-01-2010 05:34 AM

I saw triplets on the farm I hunt last week. Good sign for sure.

rybohunter 06-01-2010 02:27 PM

Such is the cycle of life & the predator/prey balance.

Makes you wonder how there are any deer alive in idaho, wyoming, montana where they have WAY more predators than we do. Wonder if they sit around sobbing about losing fawns?

sproulman 06-01-2010 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by rybohunter (Post 3632337)
Such is the cycle of life & the predator/prey balance.

Makes you wonder how there are any deer alive in idaho, wyoming, montana where they have WAY more predators than we do. Wonder if they sit around sobbing about losing fawns?

when the PREY/PREDATOR balance is out of hand and deer numbers are low do this , YES WE SHOULD BE SITTING AROUND SOBBING ABOUT LOSING A FAWN.:eek2:
i do, it makes me sick to see what is happening .every fawn that we can help keep alive is great thing.
i got 6 coyotes myself this winter. it will be higher next winter because i bought a WARMBAG suit and now i can sit longer in cold and also i got outhouse tent too.
i believe the other states DO SIT AROUND AND SOB,then they grab their gun or trap and do something.

my problem is i feel i am not putting a dent in coyotes.they are everywhere now......