Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Change for the Better >

Change for the Better

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Change for the Better

Old 05-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DougE
I have no ties to the PGC.

Other than being RSB's personal bodyguard.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have no ties to the PGC.
Doug wasnt talking about you!! Pike
Old 05-20-2010, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't think you were but I'm just making that clear to others.

R.S.B. doesn't need a body guard.He's fully capable of defending his positions without my aide.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Specifically what state game lands have you recently hunted in Clearfield or Elk counties that had no deer.
i have not hunted the clfd/elk ones in awhile. i use to work in medix run and also clfd and got to hunt all time.this was when we had deer..we pheasant hunt all of them but with gas up and just not worth it to drive there anymore.
i dont even go to lycoming anymore even tho its close.clinton one they stopped stocking pheasants.cameron i was up this year .potter i have not been up.
i talk to people that RECENTLY do go to clfd/elk.

just to much pressure for what is left there..btb has one in great area for deer and he does not use but hunts next to it. that tells you something.

so i am going by my experience and reports i get from various clubs that i know some of officers .like moshannon you talk about, TERRIBLE HUNTING. i used to fish bass tournaments and that small pond there we had yearly tournaments there.its off list now but i got to talk to locals on deer and it was always TERRIBLE .
Old 05-24-2010, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
i have not hunted the clfd/elk ones in awhile. i use to work in medix run and also clfd and got to hunt all time.this was when we had deer..we pheasant hunt all of them but with gas up and just not worth it to drive there anymore.
i dont even go to lycoming anymore even tho its close.clinton one they stopped stocking pheasants.cameron i was up this year .potter i have not been up.
i talk to people that RECENTLY do go to clfd/elk.

just to much pressure for what is left there..btb has one in great area for deer and he does not use but hunts next to it. that tells you something.

so i am going by my experience and reports i get from various clubs that i know some of officers .like moshannon you talk about, TERRIBLE HUNTING. i used to fish bass tournaments and that small pond there we had yearly tournaments there.its off list now but i got to talk to locals on deer and it was always TERRIBLE .
How can you say the hunting is terrible in these areas if you haven't been there in a long time?Some areas of Moshannon state forest have very poor habitat and low deer numbers as it should.However,there are areas with better habitat and excellent hunting.I live within 3 miles of Moshannons state forest and have yet to not fill all of my dmap tags every year in a very short period of time.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

How can you say the hunting is terrible in these areas if you haven't been there in a long time?Some areas of Moshannon state forest have very poor habitat and low deer numbers as it should.However,there are areas with better habitat and excellent hunting.I live within 3 miles of Moshannons state forest and have yet to not fill all of my dmap tags every year in a very short period of time.
douge, i can fill my doe tag and if i had dmap, most likely i could do that too in clinton. i am not working and if i was to spend the time, yes .but why kill off the last few doe left.

thats what you are doing.that is why we are down to 3dpsm in my opinion here in clinton county.just because i could go out for 5 days of hunting and shoot a doe does not mean its easy or there are lots of doe.

when crews only get 1 doe, thats saying a lot. when i hunt archery and have area to myself and only see say 9 deer for whole archery season say over a 5 mile area,in good area too on feed, thats not good.
no way i will kill a doe in area with very few, i hate dmaps ,most use them on privateland first week and say they shot doe somewhere else.others dont care if they are even in dmap area.
i know crews that saw 3 deer for 5 days of hunting, 3 deer.
these are seasoned hunters ,not clowns from harrisburg who already shot 2 doe there and are here to get another one not caring if 1 doe is left, they want meat.

all you folks need stopped .it should be 1 DEER AND YOUR DONE...but i dont see it happening so deer numbers will continue to go down.even with 1 deer and your done there are still many tags that go unfilled.
thats it.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry but I see multiple deer most days in these areas where you claim there's no deer,yet you've have never been to.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry but I see multiple deer most days in these areas where you claim there's no deer,yet you've have never been to.

NEVER,lets say not RECENT.i will give you win there, i have not been to some in yrs do to gas and bad hunting, was not worth it to drive there.
i worked and lived in treasure lake,brookville, clearfield so i got hunt there in 70s.my job had me relocating a lot then.there was a lot of deer there,lots of deer .......
Old 05-25-2010, 03:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

And those lot's of deer wiped out the habitat in many areas,drastically reducing the present carrying capacity.