Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Change for the Better >

Change for the Better

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Change for the Better

Old 04-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't ventrured into this arena very much for the last year, probably the 1st time in, in several months. I hope that the days of the constant PA round & round fights are gone. I'll likely check in more often.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well I do believe the PGC is coming around. Finally beginning to listen to what the public has been saying for the past 4 or 5 years. I'm from PA and I love my hunting. I hunt mostly black powder and archery. Its true that numbers are way down but I shouldn't complain. In the past 2 years I've shot two of my biggest buck since I started hunting about 45 years ago. Both were with the bow. And I saw more buck then doe when Halloween came around. Maybe its because these buck had to roam farther and wider to find estrus does?!?!?
Old 05-10-2010, 04:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just to funny, this sure got all that moderating time cut right down to ....ah nutin
Old 05-10-2010, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wvhuntin4me
I have no complaints . i hunt there and here i feel for them. Hunting there is not very good. hunting here is much better.Yet our state keeps losing people population.Maybe they are hunters from other states that moved to pa from better hunting states. I know i would be ticked with no deer to hunt......
What parts of Pa have no deer?I'm 100% positive that every twp in the state had a significant harvest.Are there less deer being killed than 20 years ago?Yep.Thast was the plan and it was justified.I live in the WMU has has the absolute lowest deer densities in the entire state and the hunting is still good on public land.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

You believe in spooks Doug.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope,but I don't believe the no deer stories either.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know Doug,there's alot of no deer stories around.If anybody is hunting the two places we hiked on 93 I can believe they didn't see deer.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

it is more enjoyable to see many deer , then to only see a few. Anyone who tries to say , seeing less deer while hunting, is better . Might just be touched in the head..
Old 05-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by wvhuntin4me
it is more enjoyable to see many deer , then to only see a few. Anyone who tries to say , seeing less deer while hunting, is better . Might just be touched in the head..
to go days without seeing a deer,i agree is not fun.then see just a mother and fawn or single doe over week .this is what it is now in WMU2G in counties like clinton,pa.

then see 5 crews come in second week of deer to kill off those 3 deer is even more disgusting.then 10/15 road hunters riding trying to get them daily.
then talk to hunters about not shooting those 3 deer and be told SPROUL YOU BETTER NOT BE IN OUR DRIVE or HEY BUDDY I HAD MY TREESTAND UP ON FRIDAY BEFORE YOU or I HAVE BEEN HUNTING HERE FOR 2 YEARS, THIS IS MY SPOT or I SAW 22 DEER HERE SPROUL LAST WEEK.

man, shoot me please...........
Old 05-13-2010, 03:44 AM
Typical Buck

I have heard all those replys at some point while i hunted Pa.I know you cant have to many deer. For there health and such, but i like to see 15 -20 when i am bowhunting every evening...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.