Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Pa. Game Commission Discusses Low Deer Population >

Pa. Game Commission Discusses Low Deer Population

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa. Game Commission Discusses Low Deer Population

Old 04-29-2010, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default In the end

it's plain old psychology. I don't care if it's thirty deer, twenty deer or ten deer. I only have to shoot one Buck.

And some hunters will, perhaps forever, be at a disadvantage, when they don't see those thirty five deer in every square mile.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:04 AM
Fork Horn

Could be the first time in history that a wildlife agency worked to eliminate themselves!! NO DEER, no need to have wildlife experts..they need accountants and layers for the gas, oil, and timber management.. what an amazing turn of events to say the least!!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Frank in the Laurel
Could be the first time in history that a wildlife agency worked to eliminate themselves!! NO DEER, no need to have wildlife experts..they need accountants and layers for the gas, oil, and timber management.. what an amazing turn of events to say the least!!
yes ,you are right.they will expand into OTHER things.like study of bat or bug or another predator to kill rabbits and squirreals etc.add a few more clipboards and company vehicle that gets 10 to gallon with air conditioner on ,they will be all set.........
Old 05-01-2010, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

isnt that what gov. agency do best spend money on dumb things while they run the nessecary into the ground.They should be driving hybrids. to save our enviroment. thats what they tell us...
Old 05-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Spike

I still think that the number of hunters are going to fall off due to the changes in the forth coming seasons. Many of the WMA's, you have to wait until the first Saturday to shoot a doe (if you desire). For those who only get one or two days off for deer season, they may give it up or stay in camp for the card games. I just hope that everyone here remembers; hunting is a choice that each one of us makes. It should not be decided by the technique, style of hunting, choice of weapon or the license that hangs on our back. If you or anyone chooses not to hunt a doe, that is your decision and ethical hunting rules should apply to the sport.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

To anyone who is frustrated seeing a lack of deer in their area....PLEASE come to suburbia and help...There's way to many deer in these areas...Hunting permission is hard to come by, but if you use a bow you'll have better odds.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Frank in the Laurel
Still plenty of deer out there Frank.I've yet to go out one morning this spring scouting for turkeys and not see multiple deer on public land in 2G.I was even out a couple times on the Black hills lease where you claim there's no deer and saw multiple deer each time.

The days of seeing 50+ deer/day are over and that's for the best.As for NO DEER,that's just funny.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wvhuntin4me
how about no doe hunting at all in the worst counties.I like that there is no doe season with firearms were i live. Not sure why they did it, but makes for great deer herd. You can harvest a doe in archery.

The counties with the lowest deer populations also have the worst habitat.There's no valid reason to add more deer to habitat that's poor.The PGC did exactly what needed to be done.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

well then me and my wv friends will flood the suburbian areas and help cut down the deer pop.i hunt in suburbs and i still dont see many deer. but what the heck i will try again come holidays...then again i passed by 2 bucks last gun season.both passed as shooters, but i felt they needed time to grow and mate....This year i will take whatever..
Old 05-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by DougE
The counties with the lowest deer populations also have the worst habitat.There's no valid reason to add more deer to habitat that's poor.The PGC did exactly what needed to be done.
douge, you are due for promotion.i think you are ready for WAL-MART company pitch.

lets do it DOUGE, give me D,give me a C ,give me N,give me R.WHATS IT SPELL.DCNR,i cant hear you douge,DCNR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.