Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Time To Turn The PGC Into Scrap!! >

Time To Turn The PGC Into Scrap!!

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Time To Turn The PGC Into Scrap!!

Old 05-18-2010, 09:21 PM
  #51  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
J Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: York, PA.
Posts: 1,313
Default

Originally Posted by DougE
r.s.b was confusing deer per square miles with deer per forested square mile.big difference.
OK, I apologize (this time) Didnt realize that RSB made a mistake. Pike
J Pike is offline  
Old 05-18-2010, 09:22 PM
  #52  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
J Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: York, PA.
Posts: 1,313
Default

Originally Posted by RSB
How could you say something so arrogant, biased and inflammatory and still use your picture of the legal antler sheds you found in Pennsylvania as your aviator?

Your antler pictures sure donít support your level of animosity toward the deer management program. Obviously there are not only plenty of deer in your area but also many legal bucks that manage to avoid hunters all fall.

Dick Bodenhorn
RSB. those sheds in my avitar are from the state of OHIO.

By the way since we are on the subject of sheds, I use to find more and larger sheds prior to Alt than I have over the last 3 years. Pike
J Pike is offline  
Old 05-18-2010, 09:28 PM
  #53  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
J Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: York, PA.
Posts: 1,313
Default

Originally Posted by moosemike
Y'all just like to argue I think.
Me either!! I miss the days of only discussing and debating about the sport of deer hunting, methods, equipment etc. and the whitetail deer. Not the deer wars. Pike
J Pike is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 12:43 PM
  #54  
Fork Horn
 
moosemike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lancaster co. PA
Posts: 277
Default

Originally Posted by J Pike
OK, I apologize (this time) Didnt realize that RSB made a mistake. Pike


I'm as shocked as you.
moosemike is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 02:19 PM
  #55  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,262
Default

Do you think you know more about deer and the habitat than R.S.B?
DougE is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 03:59 PM
  #56  
RSB
Fork Horn
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 147
Default

Originally Posted by J Pike
RSB. those sheds in my avitar are from the state of OHIO.

By the way since we are on the subject of sheds, I use to find more and larger sheds prior to Alt than I have over the last 3 years. Pike
Though I donít doubt that at least some of the pictures in you aviator are from Ohio you obviously do pretty well at finding sheds in Pennsylvania too according to the posts you made in this topic. In this shed hunting topic you boost of finding five sheds in one outing here while the snow was still too in Ohio. You boosted of having found sheds on your previous short trip shed searches as well.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/nort...ds-snow-2.html

Incidentally I like the idea of using the dog to search for sheds. Good idea.

Around here people are finding way more sheds now then ever before. Farmers are now complaining about ruining tractor tires on sheds while plowing their fields. We never had complaints about that before antler restrictions.

Dick Bodenhorn
RSB is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 04:36 PM
  #57  
Fork Horn
 
moosemike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lancaster co. PA
Posts: 277
Default

Originally Posted by DougE
Do you think you know more about deer and the habitat than R.S.B?


Watch out. This ain't HPA and I can say what I please without fear of the Kindergarten teacher.
moosemike is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 07:49 PM
  #58  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: PA.
Posts: 5,195
Default

Originally Posted by moosemike
Watch out. This ain't HPA and I can say what I please without fear of the Kindergarten teacher.
HPA forum is full of TEAM players for dcnr/pgc and god knows who else.
sproulman is offline  
Old 05-19-2010, 10:35 PM
  #59  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
J Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: York, PA.
Posts: 1,313
Default

Originally Posted by RSB
Though I donít doubt that at least some of the pictures in you aviator are from Ohio you obviously do pretty well at finding sheds in Pennsylvania too according to the posts you made in this topic. In this shed hunting topic you boost of finding five sheds in one outing here while the snow was still too in Ohio. You boosted of having found sheds on your previous short trip shed searches as well.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/nort...ds-snow-2.html

Incidentally I like the idea of using the dog to search for sheds. Good idea.

Around here people are finding way more sheds now then ever before. Farmers are now complaining about ruining tractor tires on sheds while plowing their fields. We never had complaints about that before antler restrictions.

Dick Bodenhorn
RSB I found every one of those sheds in my avitar last winter (2009) in OH. and in just 2 days.

But since you brought up the sheds I found in PA. below is a post I recently made on the QDMA Forum. Also farmers here in PA have been complaining about sheds ruining tractor tires for decades.

Here is the post, please let me know after reading it if you feel those sheds are a result of the PGC.'s deer management program or mine. Pike

"""""""""""""""I can tell you with a doubt in my mind that QDM works even on small properties!!! I have 103 acres (48 of it is forested) here in York Co. PA.,
and even though the deer popluation has been devistated over the last 10 years here, my QDM program is still seeing great results. And you will not find hunting pressure as great anywhere in the entire state of OH. as we have here in my area. My area of PA. is all Ag crops, corn and soybeans, the only land that isnt crop fields is land that isnt tillable, so like many here I cannot compete with the neighbors corn and beans, but what I could do is supply the deer in the area what they dont have, and that is very thick bedding area's (santcuaries) that I only ever enter to shed hunt during the winter months and also plant things like winter wheat, rye and BFO's in the fall, because once the leaves turn brown and fall, those miles and miles of corn and beans are harvested, and the acorns are all gobbled up, the only thing left and still green and growing is my winter wheat, rye plots and BFO's. I also put up feeders as soon as bow season ends about the 11th- 13th of Nov. each year and just over 2 weeks prior to rifle season ( I dont rifle hunt it) to hold more deer with in my property lines during the rifle season (when most of our bucks are killed every year)
Below are pics of the sheds I found this past winter.
The key here in PA. for QDM to be successful on small parcels of land is to protect as many bucks as possible during the 2 week rifle season, and if QDM works on small parcels in PA. it will work in any state in the country. Pike



""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Last edited by J Pike; 05-19-2010 at 10:40 PM.
J Pike is offline  
Old 05-20-2010, 06:36 AM
  #60  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,262
Default

Originally Posted by moosemike
Watch out. This ain't HPA and I can say what I please without fear of the Kindergarten teacher.
Just a simple question.You seem to have no problems criticizing the man but I've yet to see you try and use facts to back up your criticism.About 10 years ago,I thought R,S,B was out in left field.I also thought it would be easy to prove his theories wrong.I met him and actually have spent a fair amount of time with him evaluating and learning about the habitat and deer.I can tell you for a fact that R.S.B is one of the most knowledgable people out there.He also consistantly kills deer and turkeys on very limited time in public areas where people cry that there's no game.I can tell you without any shadow of a doubt that the man has a very good handle on what's going on in the northen tier of Pa.
DougE is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.