Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Time To Turn The PGC Into Scrap!! >

Time To Turn The PGC Into Scrap!!

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Time To Turn The PGC Into Scrap!!

Old 05-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

i dont see less pressure in wmu2g clinton county.with 3 point rule and hunters going by rule, yes i agree a buck could get older BUT with what i am seeing on shooting at any buck as long as junior is along,which is being done by just about every crew that has junior in it.
i agree bucks are getting older but over 4 yrs old ,you are going to see very few reach that age on SFL.
as for wayback and rugged mtns, i live in ruggest.
every area that has buck is HUNTED and hunted hard for 2 weeks.there are no isolated wayback areas that are not hunted or accessed by trail etc.
we all use deer carts if no snow.crews just drag them out WAYBACK if they get one with snow..trucks are parked in certain spots so drag is easier.all planned and figured out.

harvest is LOW because the bucks are just not there,not because of rugged mtns.

as i said, water/feed is not WAYBACK...go wayback and you will spend your days looking at bluebirds.
WAYBACK thats biggest lie i ever heard,cant believe anyone with sense would believe such nonsense.
local wco is friend of mine,retired now.he has small land around 45 acres or so and lives there. i hunt all around his property.to the left of his home is your WAYBACK area.trust me, its as rugged as you can get.

you know how many deer i saw in that rugged area last year. 4,yes 4 deer .but his his small property i would estimated over 20 deer on his land. heck he sees bucks fighting the first day of buck on his land.

5 crews drove all around his area and got 1 buck and 2 doe.they were in rugged area.now his area is right next to SFL and roads into it and rt 144 100 yds away.
folks believe what you want but deer are not WAYBACK,wayback has not been timber cut and feed and water is just not there.
wayback is fools dream excuse to use to justify proving a point.

unreal is all i can say