Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Pa Birds Gobbling >

Pa Birds Gobbling

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa Birds Gobbling

Old 03-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went out this morning in central PA to listen for birds, didnt hear any gobbles and only saw 2 hens. Over the weekend back in the poconos birds were gobbling every morning and saw several strutters behind the house.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:06 AM
Typical Buck

I always see guys parked along a rural road in my area-(Clarks Valley Road) when I am on my way to work. They are standing along the road with a box call in hand hammering like hell at a bird to get him to gobble a hundred times and then get busted by him if he is dumb enough to come into it. Those birds get an education quick from these morons who should spend more time on sites like this learning instead of screwing up areas for everyone else.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 4evrhtn
I always see guys parked along a rural road in my area-(Clarks Valley Road) when I am on my way to work. They are standing along the road with a box call in hand hammering like hell at a bird to get him to gobble a hundred times and then get busted by him if he is dumb enough to come into it. Those birds get an education quick from these morons who should spend more time on sites like this learning instead of screwing up areas for everyone else.
LOL I know where you are at exactly...in fact I've killed a bird or two up there in Clarks valley. Beautiful area, chance I may hit it again this spring just for old times sake.. Nothing like fools educating all the gobblers near the road. I see it everywhere I go these days. I'd love to see the PGC make it illegal to call before season as it is in some other states. If you have to provoke them to gobble, for heaven's sake use a crow or owl call. Not that I'm completely innocent, but I've abandoned the practice and I wish everyone would. At this time of year they are hammerin on their own anyway. No reason to be hen calling to them. It's just not necessary, and does no good whatsoever.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

i have not heard any yet here in clinton county .last year kids got gobblers here, some real nice ones too.bigger than some of kids.

but when adult season came in i did not hear of 1 gobbler shot first couple weeks, i did hear of 1 local that got one like 2 weeks after opener..unreal how many hunters are out with teir calls already................

kids i guess are hunters now
Old 03-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Hunt4Life23
Went out this morning in central PA to listen for birds, didnt hear any gobbles and only saw 2 hens. Over the weekend back in the poconos birds were gobbling every morning and saw several strutters behind the house.

its funny that around homes they do that. 1 month ago i had 9 turkeys in yard. gobblers were calling and struting around the little hens puffing themselves up.

i guess they are practicing?
Old 03-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive been seeing tons of birds. Bunch stutting their stuff
Old 03-26-2010, 04:53 AM
Typical Buck

Still none here.Harsh winter must be slowing them up.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

I have to agree i hate seeing people calling with anything other a owl hooter or a crow call. Personally i try not to make any calls just let nature take its course the birds will gobble naturally especially before the season.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Lx lungbuster7
I have to agree i hate seeing people calling with anything other a owl hooter or a crow call. Personally i try not to make any calls just let nature take its course the birds will gobble naturally especially before the season.
same here.i listen for call and i call 1 TIME ONLY THEN SHUT UP.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.