Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NJ's Bear Hunt, Almost A Go For 2010 >

NJ's Bear Hunt, Almost A Go For 2010

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NJ's Bear Hunt, Almost A Go For 2010

Old 03-10-2010, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default NJ's Bear Hunt, Almost A Go For 2010

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/2...r+of+bear+hunt+

This will be the first bear hunt in NJ in 5 years !!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, now that the uber communist eco-weenie tree hugger cave to special interests Corslime is out of office it will most likely happen.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would rather forget that POS Corzine, just not on his stance with the bear hunt, but on more important subjects.

It amazed me that during the elections here in NJ, every outdoors person voted for Christie cause of his stance for hunting, not once did they even mention anything else, like taxes, unemployment, the real important things. I didn't vote for nither one. For one I'm not a democrate so with that Corzine wasn't getting my vote, Christie didn't get my vote cause of his stance towards state workers (as I am one) and our pension system. What I'm saying is I love hunting as much as anyone, but voting for someone on hunting alone is wrong, there is many other things that are more important then hunting. Hunting doesn't pay my bills, food on the table, or even pay for me to hunt. I always said Christie is no different then Obama
Old 03-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I voted for Christie but it had nothing to do with his views on hunting or conservation. I voted for him because someone has to get the out of control spending which includes pensions and benefits for state workers under control. Now don't get me wrong, I fully understand your job and what it entails and while some do deserve the level of compensation that they get, by and large the vast majority of states workers don't.

Prime example, state worker retires at 48, pension payments for a realistic life expectancy would be paying out 2.3 million, on top of that another 1/2 mil for health benefits while only contributing $133,000 to the pension fund. Is it fair for the taxpayer to have to pay that. No it absolutely is not.

Last edited by thndrchiken; 03-10-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Typical Buck

I thought Christie Todd whitman(SP?) was the one who stopped the bear hunting, along with any job growth.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Spike

I figured this was as good a time as any for my first post.

First and foremost, I'm hoping the bear hunt passes. I'm an NJ resident but I don't hunt NJ, I grew up hunting NY and that's where my buddies are, but any growth in hunting in NJ I'm all for. So even if it's just a short season I hope we get it.

On the same token but a bit off topic, what did you guys think of the Garret Mountain hunt? I was a bit disappointed to see a lot of the ignorance and misunderstanding on the part of non-hunters, even though the majority of them agree that there are too many deer. Too much of an "I want my cake and eat it too" attitude I guess.

Just curious what your thoughts on that were.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by WillPA
I thought Christie Todd whitman(SP?) was the one who stopped the bear hunting, along with any job growth.
Christie Todd Whitman, former female governor, and Chris Christie, current male governor. Two different people.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Garret Mountain hunt was a joke. It was rushed into play, and I'm no fan of the UBNJ, even if they do some good for bowhunting, there is way to many politics among the select few in that group, this wasn't first time crap like this happend. I'm not blaming them 100%, I do blame the freeholders and of course the anti-hunters.

The hunt should of been thought out some more, and it should of been for opened for all hunters applying for it, and it should of been a lottery type of hunt.

As for the pension system here in NJ, I agree it is a mess, but the public doesn't know that the state owes somewhat around $40 BILLION between all the different pensions we have here in NJ. Whitman took out a BILLION to payoff other state bills, she never replaced it, govornors after her did the same, this is the real reason we are in the jam we have. The state stole and never payed back, now comes Christie and he wants the towns/citys and even the state to pay it all back, that in turn will hurt all of us in form of higher taxes. My union told the state what would happened many years ago, of course it fell on deaf ears.

Is it Turkey season yet?
Old 03-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WillPA
Just goes to show how uninformed you are.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
Garret Mountain hunt was a joke. It was rushed into play, and I'm no fan of the UBNJ, even if they do some good for bowhunting, there is way to many politics among the select few in that group, this wasn't first time crap like this happend. I'm not blaming them 100%, I do blame the freeholders and of course the anti-hunters.

The hunt should of been thought out some more, and it should of been for opened for all hunters applying for it, and it should of been a lottery type of hunt.

As for the pension system here in NJ, I agree it is a mess, but the public doesn't know that the state owes somewhat around $40 BILLION between all the different pensions we have here in NJ. Whitman took out a BILLION to payoff other state bills, she never replaced it, govornors after her did the same, this is the real reason we are in the jam we have. The state stole and never payed back, now comes Christie and he wants the towns/citys and even the state to pay it all back, that in turn will hurt all of us in form of higher taxes. My union told the state what would happened many years ago, of course it fell on deaf ears.

Is it Turkey season yet?
That was the impression I got about the Garrett Mtn. hunt. It was basically contracted out to the UBNJ like you would hire an exterminator to get rid of termites. Definitely not the way it should have been. I agree a lottery system where all could apply would have been better.

I'll stay out of the pension/political stuff except to say I have a lot of friends in law enforcement, am trying to get into the same field and I share your sentiment about the pensions.

As for turkey season, I wish it were here already!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.