Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Pa sportsmen groups speaks out about audit >

Pa sportsmen groups speaks out about audit

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa sportsmen groups speaks out about audit

Old 03-12-2010, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Windwalker7
Thank you for the compliment. Got it in Newfoundland. If I had the finances wouldn't mind going after another. Would really like to get a nice elk witha bow. Maybe after I hit the lottery, Megamillions or something.

You have a cool avatar there yourself. I like wildlife art.

Thanks WW7 and Germain for the avatar compliments. As far as moose go I have three of them and that's enough for right now. Like you said I'm thinking Elk in the near future. But to keep this thread on topic I'll mention that the PA Game lands are shot out and the whole northcentral is an empty woods.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bluebird2
You can rewrite history anyway you want , but you can't explain how that same , poor, pole timber habitat allowed the herd in the NC counties to increase to around 45 DPSM in the 70's. And, you can't explain why the forests continued to regenerate and increase the number of forested acres. All you can do is repeat the DCNR and PGC propaganda.
Spot on bluebird2! This guy is still stuck on the 100 year rotation nonsense the PGC puts out so they can try to justify not doing the proper amount of timbering. Truth be told most of Pa's hardwoods do indeed go to pulp. The % of high grade veneer cherry is minute in comparision to pulp wood that is set on a 50-60 year rotation. Beech, ash, maple is normally pulp, hemlock sold for lumber, some grades of oak for lumber and/or veneer as is most cherry.
I don't whom this guy is trying to convince with his limited PGC propoganda knowledge but it surely isn't going to be anyone whom knows timber!!!
Here's a question for you bluebird2: What did all those deer in the 70's eat when all this timber was in pole stage that os not available today in quanity. After every timber harvest be it a shelter cut or select cut the very first thing to spring up is green briar....and just what does the PGC say is a MAJOR food source of whitetail deer?????? GREENBRIAR!!!!! HMMMMM .....AND JUST WHAT DOES THE PGC SAY THE REASON WE CAN'T TIMBER MORE IS????? No or low regeneration rates of seedlings...hmmmmmm are they interested in growing trees to appease the ecoweenies or creating habitat for wildlife?????????????????????
Old 03-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ilbback
See what Hitler thinks of the audit........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzJYIMzMDao
Best Post/Video I ever seen on this site!!!! HANDS DOWN!!! GREAT WORK!!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 03-17-2010, 08:50 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Some slogans for your USP pennants...........

Uninformed
Silly
People

Useless
Superfluous
Propaganda

Unrealistic
Senseless
Proposals

Unsportsmanlike
Selfish
Phonys

That's funny. We have pretty much that same sign hanging on the bulletin board in the clubhouse at the local sportsmen's club, but I thought there were 5 slogan's on it. They cancelled their club membership after some of their shenanigan's. Not very well liked around these parts of Centre county.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

My personal favorite is the Unified Spike Shooters of Pa.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hatchet jack
Best Post/Video I ever seen on this site!!!! HANDS DOWN!!! GREAT WORK!!!!!

Hatchet Jack
X2 That was good!