Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Pa sportsmen groups speaks out about audit >

Pa sportsmen groups speaks out about audit

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa sportsmen groups speaks out about audit

Old 03-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

Windwalker7, as a moose hunter myself I must say I love your avatar.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yours is pretty neat too mike.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now , not only hunters are complaining ,but the non-hunting public is also complaining. The president of the club got a call from our largest landowner who said he didn't want any deer hunting on his property for the next two years because he isn't seeing any deer and they miss not seeing them. Now the club is discussing stopping doe hunting on all the properties that are open to only club members.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know a couple that used to camp in Potter county.One of their favorite past times was taking drives on state forest roads in the evening to watch deer.They don't bother going up anymore cause it takes them a tank of gas to find a deer.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by moosemike
Windwalker7, as a moose hunter myself I must say I love your avatar.

Thank you for the compliment. Got it in Newfoundland. If I had the finances wouldn't mind going after another. Would really like to get a nice elk witha bow. Maybe after I hit the lottery, Megamillions or something.

You have a cool avatar there yourself. I like wildlife art.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:34 AM
Fork Horn

little sense in trying to get DougE to admit the real world away from Treasure lake 9backed by 22,000 acre Raystown wilderness area is anything like the rest of the nc part of the state....he seems to be in a world where Lady GaGa is the norm...lost in his own little part of the state an comparing everyother part to the recently unlocked preserve.
Germain is correct when he says people don't use their camps much mainly because deer just aren't there...the camps and locla business only prosper during good deer populations and DougE can try to dispute that all he wants but the fact remains ...there just isn't enough deer left in 3A to warrant keeping a camp there for a flatlander.
DougE is also correct when he says I can open my window most days and kill a dozen doe ...this small herd is nearly all that remains in the township these days...why are they living on my property??? because I planted a 32 acre field of corn/beans for them smack in the middle of it near my house to do my utmost to save them from the meat mongers...funny how they drive past my place and drool over those doe...even stop on occasion an ask to hunt them cause they just aren't seeing doe in the Gameless land nearby.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:37 AM
Fork Horn

doe killing meat mongers....scurge of the deer woods!!
Old 03-12-2010, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Windwalker7
Bob and weave.....bob and weave some more, LOL!
I didn't bob and weave about anything.The mature timber that we have today is a direct result of massive clearcutting coupled with the fact that there were practically no deer present during that time period.Deer were stocked from other states and the population exploded because of all the early successional forest.By the 1920's that area started to turn into pole timber which drastically reduced the carrying capacity and the habitat couldn't support those large numbers of deer.

That's the exact scenario they're trying to fix today and that's why the timber is on a 100 year rotation on average.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Potterco
little sense in trying to get DougE to admit the real world away from Treasure lake 9backed by 22,000 acre Raystown wilderness area is anything like the rest of the nc part of the state....he seems to be in a world where Lady GaGa is the norm...lost in his own little part of the state an comparing everyother part to the recently unlocked preserve.
Germain is correct when he says people don't use their camps much mainly because deer just aren't there...the camps and locla business only prosper during good deer populations and DougE can try to dispute that all he wants but the fact remains ...there just isn't enough deer left in 3A to warrant keeping a camp there for a flatlander.
DougE is also correct when he says I can open my window most days and kill a dozen doe ...this small herd is nearly all that remains in the township these days...why are they living on my property??? because I planted a 32 acre field of corn/beans for them smack in the middle of it near my house to do my utmost to save them from the meat mongers...funny how they drive past my place and drool over those doe...even stop on occasion an ask to hunt them cause they just aren't seeing doe in the Gameless land nearby.
Treasure lake isn't anywhere near Raystown and I'm not talking about Treasure lake.I do the majority of my hunting on public land in 2G.In fact,all of my rifle hunting is done on public land and I HAVE NO PROBLEMS FINDING AND KILLING MULTIPLE DEER IN THOSE AREAS YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

By the 1920's that area started to turn into pole timber which drastically reduced the carrying capacity and the habitat couldn't support those large numbers of deer.
You can rewrite history anyway you want , but you can't explain how that same , poor, pole timber habitat allowed the herd in the NC counties to increase to around 45 DPSM in the 70's. And, you can't explain why the forests continued to regenerate and increase the number of forested acres. All you can do is repeat the DCNR and PGC propaganda.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.