Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Pa sportsmen groups speaks out about audit >

Pa sportsmen groups speaks out about audit

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa sportsmen groups speaks out about audit

Old 03-11-2010, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

You're humble opinion is wrong.There are too many variables to say how mnay deer each particular area can have woithout effecting regeneration.

Thanks for admitting that you nor the PGC has the slightest clue how much the herd has to be reduced in any given WMU in order to get the desired regeneration. That is what I have been saying all along while you kept denying it.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DougE
Like has been mentioned dozens of times,extremely poor habitat will take along time to fix.
Well DougE was it then yet another lie the PGC told and retold zillions of times as to how... " after 5-7 years of regeneration the herd will be allowed to rebound to it's (each area's) carrying capacity"??????
It's been what..... 9 years now and regeneration hasn't begun in some areas let alone the herd being able to adjust!
Face it DougE these neer do wells can't manage a good crap the time has come to dump them. They bases 90% of their failed DMP on failed "ecoweenie" data that was ill thought out not to mention scientific.
Restructuring the Admin of the PGC is the sportsman's only hope..but oh my we can't vote them out 'cause they're appointees...how convienent is that????
Old 03-11-2010, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

Isn't it odd how some posters sit by their pc just waiting to defend those Harrisburg bumpkins then disappear when the "rest of the story" is posted about the PGC's BOC????????
Old 03-11-2010, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Potterco
Well DougE was it then yet another lie the PGC told and retold zillions of times as to how... " after 5-7 years of regeneration the herd will be allowed to rebound to it's (each area's) carrying capacity"??????
It's been what..... 9 years now and regeneration hasn't begun in some areas let alone the herd being able to adjust!
Face it DougE these neer do wells can't manage a good crap the time has come to dump them. They bases 90% of their failed DMP on failed "ecoweenie" data that was ill thought out not to mention scientific.
Restructuring the Admin of the PGC is the sportsman's only hope..but oh my we can't vote them out 'cause they're appointees...how convienent is that????

You have no idea what you're talking about therefore,you continue to perpetuate nonsense that was never stated.The PGC never stated that the goal was to reduce the herd and then let it rebound after 5-7 years.The plan specificalled called to reduce the herd 5% a year for 10 years.That's a 50% reduction and they never claimed when or if it would be allowed to rebound to any specific number.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Isn't it odd how some posters sit by their pc just waiting to defend those Harrisburg bumpkins then disappear when the "rest of the story" is posted about the PGC's BOC????????
Who disapeared?Don't worry,every time you post false and misleading info I'll be here to dispute it.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

and make yourself look like more of an idiot!
Old 03-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

you forget DougE I've been around this game alot longer than you. I've watched the state of Pa go from nearly no deer to post WWII deer numbers then increase and now for much of the state be nearly pre WWII numbers again...as a boy in southcentral Pa it was unheard of to see a deer track in farm rich areas..while the northcentral counties held lots of deer...now the tables are flipped yet people like yourself whom live among good deer numbers fail to admit there are LARGE sections of PA where seeing a track is once again a major event....Call that false information??????? Buy a tank of gas and come up to 3A..why do you think deer camps are being sold and converted to homes now/... Too many deer, yeah right.. too few deer/try nearly none! Yet what is the anterless tag allotment for 3A?...nearly none...nope NEARLY 30,000. Yes that makes good sense doesn't it???????????????????????
Old 03-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ilbback
See what Hitler thinks of the audit........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzJYIMzMDao

That's hilarious.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

you forget DougE I've been around this game alot longer than you. I've watched the state of Pa go from nearly no deer to post WWII deer numbers then increase and now for much of the state be nearly pre WWII numbers again...as a boy in southcentral Pa it was unheard of to see a deer track in farm rich areas..while the northcentral counties held lots of deer...now the tables are flipped yet people like yourself whom live among good deer numbers fail to admit there are LARGE sections of PA where seeing a track is once again a major event....Call that false information??????? Buy a tank of gas and come up to 3A..why do you think deer camps are being sold and converted to homes now/... Too many deer, yeah right.. too few deer/try nearly none! Yet what is the anterless tag allotment for 3A?...nearly none...nope NEARLY 30,000. Yes that makes good sense doesn't it???????????????????????

My Grandfather knew a man who was born in Grantville (Dauphin) PA in 1890. The guy never saw a deer until 1929 when he was 39 years old and he lived in the woods! In the 70's and 80's we used to spot deer around his place because they were everywhere. Now it's gone back to no deer in the fields at night. not as bad as it was 100 years ago there, but nothing like it was twenty years ago either.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

I recall taking the train followed by a long wagon ride to get up to Potter County we would camp in a tent for a 2 weeks straight and maybe out of 5 of us we would get 1 deer and or 1 bear...now I live here..moved up when Galeton was "the whitetail capital of the world" and farmers would advertise in the flatlanders papers for hunters to come up and shoot the deer..... TODAY we hunt for 2 weeks straight in hopes of getting 1 deer...sadly this is the direct result of over inflated anterless tags..the farms are still here and we produce more crop per acre today than ever dreamed possible back in the day..the State Forests are still here...the private woodlands owned mostly by timber companies are still here cutting trees...the woodlands are reforesting today the same as they did when deer numbers were higher..the down swing in deer numbers are a result of TOO MANY ANTERLESS TAGS AND MEAT MONGERS KILLING ALL THE DOE...DougE says I don't know what I'm talking about...well this ain't Treasure Lake it's REAL God's Country that is no longer known as THE DEER CAPITAL OF THE WORLD now it is NEARLY DEERLESS thanks to the failed DMP of the PGC which was nothing more than to cover up selling doe permits for revenue!!!!!May they burn in hell!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.