Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Pa sportsmen groups speaks out about audit >

Pa sportsmen groups speaks out about audit

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa sportsmen groups speaks out about audit

Old 03-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Banned

Flawed??? Over on Pa outdoors i read where he said Pa's regeneration assessment was, and i quote "A JOKE" because he didnt believe that regeneration didnt improve since reduction, even though the audit says it regressed.

So if the plan is based on absolutely nothing...The herd health data was completely insufficient, the regen study according to doug was a joke...and many of us have been saying that for some time....Plus the audit found the data insufficient anyway.... why has this failed plan been in place for so long?
Old 03-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Potterco
Had it not been for the USP demanding the audit do you think Roe would EVER have come forth with the truth about the windfall from gas wells????..he'd been lying about that since the start of the drilling. what about the timbering harvests that the PGC has been UNDER harvesting (<1%) and telling us there is no revenue to be made from it...ALL THE WHILE PLEADING FOR A RATE HIKE TO BE EAR MARKED FOR "ADMINISTRATIVE PURPOSES"
That audit had zero to do with gas wells.The PGC finances are already heavily audited so there's no way for them to hide any revenue from gas wells.You're off your rocker.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Maverick 1
I also find it funny how you think that growing trees behind a fence with zero deer is a completely natural environment.
Who ever said it was a natural enviroment?The point is,you take away "one" element and the regeneration is fine.

By the way,very few exclosures have zero deer at all times.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote=Potterco;3592101]
Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Here's just a few examples of why the USP is considered a lunatic fringe group by responsible sportsmen.

They've been predicting imminent and immediate doom for the deer herd not just since Alt and AR/HR but since the first bonus doe tag was sold back in the 80's.......
QUOTE]

By the looks of the deer herd anywhere but suburbia I, and the majority of sportsmen/women/youth, in the state would say they were spot on about that!!!!!!!!
I thought you could kill a doe any day of the week without even having to hunt for them?
Old 03-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

There were two audits conducted on the PGC, one was on the DMP and the other was on the revenues generated by the PGC with emphasis on the projected revenue from the gas wells.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Banned

"That audit had zero to do with gas wells.The PGC finances are already heavily audited so there's no way for them to hide any revenue from gas wells."
I believe the man was referring to the study done by the legislative budget and finance committee in regard to the gas drilling projections that Pgc/Roe has been lying about for some time now. He said the funds would be minimal. The study showed him to be lying. Money totaling potentially in the billions is hardly "minimal" as Ol' quick Carl tried to portray it to the public and to the legislature. lol. See the link to that discussion.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/nort...ot-needed.html

Last edited by Cornelius08; 03-10-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess the aduit is what it is.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Banned

"Who ever said it was a natural enviroment?The point is,you take away "one" element and the regeneration is fine."
But its not acceptable to "take away" that "one" element. Its not natural. Nor is it desirable.

Wanna take away an element? deal with the poor soil, or the invasive species, poor timber practices etc... Things that should be addressed before even considering excessive and extreme measures that are ongoing.

Better element yet to take away...Take the enviro extremists out of our game commission, Im guessing the on paper regeneration rates would then magically increase by 25%. lol.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 03-10-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
But its not acceptable to "take away" that "one" element. Its not natural. Nor is it desirable.

Wanna take away an element? deal with the poor soil, or the invasive species, poor timber practices etc... Things that should be addressed before even considering excessive and extreme measures that are ongoing.

Better element yet to take away...Take the enviro extremists out of our game commission, Im guessing the on paper regeneration rates would then magically increase by 25%. lol.
That's not the point.The exclosures exclude one variable,deer.How can you blame,soil,acid rain,insects or any other factor when the exclosures proved without any doubt what so ever that deer are the largest limiting factor.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Banned

Ive explained my view on that many times to you doug, and i believe they are very valid.

All of those things greatly magnify the effect of deer.

If there is less browse available because of those issues...Then you have less regen from the get go. The remaining will be more heavily utilized...

Also If there is slower growth rate of the remaining growth... It will take longer to outgrow the reach of a deer, it will be far slower to recover from browsing...etc..

And these things are all known to be existing conditions.. There are enclosures that have no difference inside & out, and there is much evidence showing slow growth rates of even mature trees even according to pgcs exec director Roe.

And you yourself have even agreed that timbering practices are a factor such as cut size etc...

Invasive species effects are well documented... As are the poor soils..

If all these conditions are permitted to exist.. I think it absolutely absurd to blame the deer if they are within reasonable densities known to be "normal" and what should be acceptable.

If deer numbers are at what most would consider "normal" levels and proven to be so, and all the other factors are known not to be conducive to regeneration...then where do the problems lie?

Last edited by Cornelius08; 03-10-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.