Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
More complaints on the PGC >

More complaints on the PGC

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

More complaints on the PGC

Old 03-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
Wrong again Oscar. The numbers you posted just show you don't understand the numbers you posted.

Wrong yourself Larry. How do you figure that any recent deer harvest or even any harvest since AR is lower than the low of 300,014 in 1986?

With a low point in 86 and several similar harvests in years back in that era, how can it be claimed that recent deer harvests are at 50 years lows? If it's not possible to fairly compare pre 86 harvests to recent harvests, how can the "50 year lows" fairy tale be justified?

You're right about one thing. I do not understand how you cant understand that 300,014 (the lowest number 20+ years ago) is lower than 323,070 ( the lowest recent harvest)

Why don't you explain and dazzle us all?
Old 03-17-2010, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well Oscar, it goes something like this. The total harvest in 1986 tells you little or nothing about the size of the herd and how it was being managed . The buck harvest of 150K shows that the herd was significantly larger in 1986 than it is today. Anybody that knows anything about deer management knows the antlerless harvest is determined by the number of tags allocated and not by the size of the herd.

Therefore, trying to compare total harvests in 1986 and 2008 in order to show hunting today is as good as in 1986 is just a feeble attempt to spin, mislead and deceive. The PGC uses that technique all the time and they manage to fool a lot of hunters like you.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:09 AM
Typical Buck

Who cares what the statistics are. the fact is your deer hunting sucks and there are no good deer herds in pa. inless it is a private property with no hunting. instead of fighting about how yall killed off most the deer .unite and fix the problem. here wv the natives will run off any hunters fron pa. cause they dont want them to destroy our state like yall did to yours. took me a few years to be accepted .when people seen the way i manage our deer. they started to be more freindly. but the arguing and fighting dosnt solve anything. accept the facts and do whatever is required on a personal level to do whats right .Even if that mean not hunting deer in Pa. But dont come to wv. cause your not welcome. Not gonna let our hard work and management program be destroyed , like yall destroyed your deer huntin. O by the way pro-line seen 22 deer last evening in the field and there were 7 eating my deer chow...as well as a handful of turkey...
Old 03-17-2010, 06:39 AM
Banned

The numbers I cited showed you are wrong. The fact that you continue to weasel and claim that I lied makes your recent posts the blatant lies. Funny thing is you could've just manned up and admitted a mistake like I did. It's actually pretty typical when youre shown to be wrong or challenged. You simply dodge the original point and choose one of threee strategies. You shout the other party down with claims that you say are undisputable although you seldom provide backup. Or you simply lell liar liar as you've done here ( and yes, liar and lie are synonymous) or you change the subject as you've also done here.

Of course the other tactic is always insisting on the last word. At this point, I doubt anyone else is reading these but go ahead and have your ladt word. I'm sure it will simply be another rerun.
It's not a surrender. It's just that I have answered you in every rational way possible and I have no intention of resorting to any rule breaking statements. Personally, I beleive calling someone a liar is a personal attack but since you've gotten away with it hundreds of times so I've returned in kind. If you'd simply manned up to a mistake it wouldn't have evolved into a lie.
While im not gonna waste all the effort discussing it AGAIN...Every single statement in this last post by btb was pure falsehood, mistruth, fabrications, untrue statement, fibs and lies. EVERY single one of them. From my "tactics" to the topic.

And btw btb, liar and lie are not synonyms. A lie is an untrue statement. A liar is one who tells untrue statements. They are not one and the same. I gave you some samples of synonyms above... Dont want LIES pointed out quit posting them on every single post. I dont agree with people like doug, but you dont see me pointing to every statement he posts as "lies". Thats because he knows what hes talking about to some extent, doesnt post things that are outrageous and things he knows are completely untrue...and then proceed to repeat it 100 times. If he is wrong about something that were wrong or untrue, i believe it would be because of an honest mistake or be something based in varying opinion not necessarily fact... Same could be said of the other usual opponents i frequently "argue" with here and on other boards in regard to these topics.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 03-17-2010 at 06:59 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by wvhuntin4me
Who cares what the statistics are. the fact is your deer hunting sucks and there are no good deer herds in pa. inless it is a private property with no hunting. instead of fighting about how yall killed off most the deer .unite and fix the problem. here wv the natives will run off any hunters fron pa. cause they dont want them to destroy our state like yall did to yours. took me a few years to be accepted .when people seen the way i manage our deer. they started to be more freindly. but the arguing and fighting dosnt solve anything. accept the facts and do whatever is required on a personal level to do whats right .Even if that mean not hunting deer in Pa. But dont come to wv. cause your not welcome. Not gonna let our hard work and management program be destroyed , like yall destroyed your deer huntin. O by the way pro-line seen 22 deer last evening in the field and there were 7 eating my deer chow...as well as a handful of turkey...

West Virginians taking the high road and not allowing PA hunters cause we blast everything in sight? LOL

Those same West VA'ers who blaze away with AK-47's and M1 carbines at everything that moves on the first day, or different ones?

Sorry but when I think of people who have more class and principles than PA hunters W. Virginians don't come to mind.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:23 AM
Banned

I used to hunt just outside of Blacksville WV. The locals carrying everything from old military rifles to single shot shotguns with front bead sight to semi-autos and everything in between... Used to put on BIG drives through the area i hunted. One drive i witnessed had around 15 standers and around that many drivers... They put out over 60 deer on that drive! You wanna talk about lead being slung??? I was 300 yards away from the nearest man, as i was on a far ridgetop overlooking the valley and other hillside where the drive was ending..

Deer flopping and rolling down hillside, deer limping, Bullets whizzing every which way... That was the very last time i ever hunted anywhere near that place rifle season.

Later that day, i shot a small buck... Ran into a fella that had been in on the driving. Talked to him for awhile, nice enough guy, said i could even hunt his familys property adjoining the one i was on. He asked for a ride home. SO i gave him one. He kept commenting on how nice the small buck was i shot. He looked like a poor soul, so i asked if he wanted it. Very happy he said if i didnt want it.lol. So i drove him home and after checking it,he took the deer and another guy came from the house and they carried it straight through the front door! lol. And that wasnt the funny part. There were a few hogs running around in the yard.... And one medium sized one, half covered in mud from the very muddy yard came straight out the front door and followed them back in the door which was wide open when i pulled up, even though it was about 30 degrees out. lol.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 03-17-2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
I used to hunt just outside of Blacksville WV. The locals carrying everything from old military rifles to single shot shotguns with front bead sight to semi-autos and everything in between... Used to put on BIG drives through the area i hunted. One drive i witnessed had around 15 standers and around that many drivers... They put out over 60 deer on that drive! You wanna talk about lead being slung??? I was 300 yards away from the nearest man, as i was on a far ridgetop overlooking the valley and other hillside where the drive was ending..

Deer flopping and rolling down hillside, deer limping, Bullets whizzing every which way... That was the very last time i ever hunted anywhere near that place rifle season.

Later that day, i shot a small buck... Ran into a fella that had been in on the driving. Talked to him for awhile, nice enough guy, said i could even hunt his familys property adjoining the one i was on. He asked for a ride home. SO i gave him one. He kept commenting on how nice the small buck was i shot. He looked like a poor soul, so i asked if he wanted it. Very happy he said if i didnt want it.lol. So i drove him home and after checking it,he took the deer and another guy came from the house and they carried it straight through the front door! lol. And that wasnt the funny part. There were a few hogs running around in the yard.... And one medium sized one, half covered in mud from the very muddy yard came straight out the front door and followed them back in the door which was wide open when i pulled up, even though it was about 30 degrees out. lol.
That is funny.I take it you didn't ask him if he had a sister lookin for a man.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

I dont know where you were hunting , but it is not like that here. I am lucky if i even see another hunter in the gun season.Yes some of the people are kinda different , but by laughing at them. Thats what show yalls mentality.I live in a county were there is no doe hunting with firearm. Our dnr did that for a reason. Every few years they will open a season to regulate doe herd. I truly feel sorry for yall. I lived in Pa and had some good hunting years ago. But i think that is a thing of the past.I dont care if they ever fix it . cause in my opinion there is nothing in that state for me. so i could careless. i will just keep on doing what i have to do to ensure large deer herds and many quality bucks ,bears on our hunting property. O one more question .Did that point restriction thing ever work for growing larger bucks? i have an eight point rule here. Accepted for bucks with bad genetics. They are harvested by the youth in my church.. So keep on laughing i will think of yall when i am passing up bucks this coming bow season. while you sit 3 weeks to see one....
Old 03-17-2010, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Don't feel too bad for us. We have our own little slice of West Virginia right here. It's called Perry county.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

Corn

a guy from Greene County PA making fun of Mon County WV??????????????

There is alot of scary in Greene County as well and if anyone from Fayette wants to join in all I have to say is "Pechin's Shoppin Village"(the old place). I win right there.

WV Gino

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.