Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
More complaints on the PGC >

More complaints on the PGC

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

More complaints on the PGC

Old 03-16-2010, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by moosemike
I started hunting in 1986. The first bonus tags were issued in either '89 or '90. My memory can't pick between the two.
prior to that there were "Deer Damage Area" farms could enroll in that allowed anyone hunting that area to kill doe during buck season. It started as only allowing doe to be killed the second week of rifle buck season,2 yrs later it went to the entire buck season
Old 03-16-2010, 06:15 AM
Banned

"I'd say nice try, but it's actually kind of pathetic. That last post makes absolutely zero sense."
Thats a lie, its proof.

" To anyone who reads all the drivel from the point where you made the false 50 year claim,"
Thats a proven lie, the data was posted and so was the link to it.

"in spite of the smoke and mirrors."
And another lie.

Well what do you know? Like being wrong on all 3 things you leapt into last night, today already you have another trifecta.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:22 AM
Banned

Statewide it was 1988 according to pgc.

But then someone is liable to jump in screaming wrong it was 1932 for 15 pages, so i better post the link LOL: http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal...o_1989_CI.html
Old 03-16-2010, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Potterco
prior to that there were "Deer Damage Area" farms could enroll in that allowed anyone hunting that area to kill doe during buck season. It started as only allowing doe to be killed the second week of rifle buck season,2 yrs later it went to the entire buck season
Bonus or supruls tags were first implemented in 1988.In 1992,every antlerless tag started coming with it's own eat tag so everyone with an antlelress tag could kill a second deer if they killed a buck or a doe with a flintock.Greentags started sometime in the mid 90's.I believe it was 1994.The first year or two it was legal to kill a doe on these farms starting the first day of rifle season.After that,they ran the season during rifle season and after christmas during the late archery and flintock season for rifles.Prior to 1988,it was one and your done,period.there were no special seasons,bonus tags,green tags or red tags.The only thing different was that you could tag a doe with your regular back tag during archery season.

The calculated harvest was implemenetd in 1986.Prior to that,it was a reported harvest.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

OK, it looks as if I was off by a year with the bonus tags thing. 1988 does sound right now that I mull it over.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
Thats a lie, its proof.

Thats a proven lie, the data was posted and so was the link to it.

And another lie.

Well what do you know? Like being wrong on all 3 things you leapt into last night, today already you have another trifecta.

Since you like the word liar here's the figures that point out your original lie that started all this...........

the lie.........

Hmmm. Hardly say thats relavent when a couple of our recent harvests were at FIFTY (not 15) year lows.
The chart wont cut and paste, the link below has the proof it's a lie is on page 14 nuff said.........

As for the dates for bonus tags and seperate ear tags etc, further checking supports the post that DougE just made. I stand corrected on that part of the issue.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by moosemike
OK, it looks as if I was off by a year with the bonus tags thing. 1988 does sound right now that I mull it over.
Actually Mike, the bonus tags started in 87 but only in SRA's and then went statewide in 88 so you werent really off by a year.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Actually Mike, the bonus tags started in 87 but only in SRA's and then went statewide in 88 so you werent really off by a year.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:59 AM
Banned

Btb, ive already addressed EVERYTHING. And youve added nothing, so the facts still stand and thats not gonna change. You leapt in without looking and you stuck your foot in your mouth. Ive shown everything exactly as is, and you link shows nothing other than your attempt to confuse the issues thinking noone will read all these posts and look into and therefore know better... My suggestion is to know what you are talking about BEFORE getting involved. Not after you're arguement has already been shredded.

"As for the dates for bonus tags and seperate ear tags etc, further checking supports the post that DougE just made."
Gee. imagine that! lmao. And if i or bb would have said the exact same thing, you'd have made 50 more arguing posts that you werent wrong. Maybe i'll just pm doug with my replies to you to post from now on! lol.

Since you like the word liar
Thats another lie. While i have pointed out clear mistruths made by you, ive not once called you or anyone else a liar. I address the statement made, not the person. But a fabrication is a fabrication and should be pointed out as such. Quit making them and I'll stop pointing it out.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 03-16-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Btb, ive already addressed EVERYTHING. And youve added nothing, so the facts still stand and thats not gonna change. You leapt in without looking and you stuck your foot in your mouth. Ive shown everything exactly as is, and you link shows nothing other than your attempt to confuse the issues thinking noone will read all these posts and look into and therefore know better... My suggestion is to know what you are talking about BEFORE getting involved. Not after you're arguement has already been shredded.
Ok we'll just use the word you use. your post about lowest harvests in 50 years is a lie. For any year before 1986 and in the absence of a reporting rate. any comparison would be false.

So lets look at the harvests calculated since 1986

lowest in that time 300,004 in 1986

second lowest since that time 335,850

highest in that time 517,529 in 2002

lowest since HR 323,070 in 2007

second lowest since HR 335,850 in 2008

As for hunter success lets only use years since 1988 when bonus tags came in

most recent antlered deer hunter success rate 17% in 2008
most recent antlerless deer hunter success rate 26% in 2008

best antlered deer hunter success rate in the 80's 17% avg 16%
best antlered deer hunter success rate in the 2000's 24% avg 19%

Antlerless deer hunter success rates in 33% in 88 and 26% in 2008

average antlerless hunter success rates in the 80's 32%
and in the 2000's the average was 31%

While we have less deer we also have less hunters. Successs rates overall havent changed much.

The numbers speak for themselves. Deer hunters now have a slightly better chance of harvesting a buck and a slightly lesser chance of harvesting a doe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.