Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
More complaints on the PGC >

More complaints on the PGC

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

More complaints on the PGC

Old 03-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

Yes I forgot we also have Fayettenam.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Typical Buck

Moose , good to know that there are still a few places with descent hunting. i lived in pa and watch things go to heck. I got so tired of the hunting as well as some of the hunters . Since hunting and outdoors is such a big part of my life i relocted to suit my needs....
Old 03-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

I don't blame you for relocating. I think it was probably wise. I was just hammering on ya because it seemed you were being unfair to us PA guys. I love these woods and hollows and there are still deer here although it ain't what it used to be.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I leave the complaining to others in PA

I make the trip; pay my non-resident fee; three free spots all picked out and not one leasing fee. Will hunt mid week and probably nary a frontiersman, wandering through the deep woods, near me.

Some folks sure do a lot of complaining for an average of two days of deer hunting every year.

Besides, there's about 250,000 hunters, according to reports, are now missing from Penn's Woods. Some of whom I knew thirty years ago. They would have loved just being in the woods again.

Sure get a different perspective when you get older.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

WV...I hunted this year gun season and I saw 3 other hunters ALL WEEK, and we had 6 in our camp. LOL

Actually the number of hunters in our area of WV is so low that it is astounding. We used to hear a lot of shots the first morning, now it's just us shooting.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:29 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by wvhuntin4me
.Even if that mean not hunting deer in Pa. But dont come to wv. cause your not welcome.
I have a second cousin in WV, and I am invited to hunt that state any time I want. I don't see the need to drive 4 hours to kill a deer when I can drive 4 minutes and see all the deer I need to see.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Typical Buck

if they are good family then you should be welcome Pats. I know proline. You would think we dont have deer , cause i dont hear much shootin either. last season i sat 2 day of gun , looking for one buck . I know he made it cause there were no shots around. i have about 125 acres of thick lurel and brior that i posted and not one person stepped foot in it. i always save that for the deer to get away in. it is a shame since i pay good money to a timber company for the lease, but that is part of my mangment program. heck today i ran down to the local store a few miles away .At 11:30 in the morning a counted 12 along the road just wondering around.I should do a drawing for one of these's Pa hunters who want to get a nice deer. i would let some one hunt in that 125 acre thicket. just to prove i am telling the truth.Will get some trail cam pics on soon..
Old 03-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

You went from saying PA hunters aren't welcome in West Virginia to allowing one to hunt your laurel? Can't have it both ways.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wvhuntin4me
if they are good family then you should be welcome Pats. I know proline. You would think we dont have deer , cause i dont hear much shootin either. last season i sat 2 day of gun , looking for one buck . I know he made it cause there were no shots around. i have about 125 acres of thick lurel and brior that i posted and not one person stepped foot in it. i always save that for the deer to get away in. it is a shame since i pay good money to a timber company for the lease, but that is part of my mangment program. heck today i ran down to the local store a few miles away .At 11:30 in the morning a counted 12 along the road just wondering around.I should do a drawing for one of these's Pa hunters who want to get a nice deer. i would let some one hunt in that 125 acre thicket. just to prove i am telling the truth.Will get some trail cam pics on soon..
I hope the lottery will be for a buck nicer than the one in the avatar.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

Just to prove a point. I also hope it is a bigger one. I was not happy with that one. But i took him on the last day of the bow season. You may also take a bear through the bow season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.