Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Any sheds in the snow? >

Any sheds in the snow?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any sheds in the snow?

Old 03-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Guys!! Make sure you take lots of pics!!
Bluebird, You can, just go to the pound like I did a month ago and adopt one.
I will mail you some fresh sheds that never been handled with out rubber gloves and stored in a tupper ware container to get you and the pup started.

Mojo and I hit the woods this afternoon about 3:30Pm. for our 3rd shed hunt of the year. (we were going to head to OH. today but there is still too much snow left on the ground out there) and hunted right up until dark and ended up finding 5 sheds today including a nice matched set which were laying about a half mile apart. Pike

Old 03-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

I got out this afternoon for 3 hours. Beautiful weather, but still heavy snow cover. My girlfriend found a small 1/2 of a six point about five minutes in on a field edge trail. And I found a 1/2 of a Y buck buried in the snow near a bed. There wasn't any bare spots and mostly a foot deep+ of snow. Tough walking while holding my 21 month old daughter. But we had a great time, and on the way home we had turkeys crossing the road, so I stopped there as they crossed running and flying, there had to be 20+ that crossed over. Then I looked over in the field where they were coming from and there was about a dozen more and 14 deer all in the same field about 50 yards apart. But when I turned around to tell my little girl she was sound asleep after a long day afield with no nap. A good finish to the day. I didn't get to all the spots I wanted to so maybe next weekend I will search again.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Typical Buck

i found a nice 4 point shed, left side, yesterday while scouting some property i just gained permission on to fly fish this spring, the landowner thought that was pretty cool, so i gave it to him to keep as a "thank you" for the trout I will be playing with this spring
Old 03-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Typical Buck

J Pike, Very impressive! Are you able to hunt these areas? If so did you see any of these bucks throughout the season? Thanks
Old 03-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I can hunt that property but I spend all my time hunting in SE. OH. Here is a post I just made here about the shed trip Mojo and I just got back from. Pike

Took advantage of the great weather and spent the last 2 days in SE. OH. with Mojo and ended up finding 14 sheds and a dead 10-pt including one that Mojo found all by himself and brought to me!! It is the first shed he has found by himself without me seeing it prior to him! (the first pic.)
The 2nd. pic. is of Mojo after I saw some gobblers and we got behind a bush and I told him to lay down and he did the entire time while I called them into 35 yards.
The 3rd and 4th pics is of Mojo on the ATV., we road all over and every time I tried to put him on the ground he tried to jump right back on. (I might have spoiled him!) Pike

Old 03-13-2010, 11:49 PM
Typical Buck

Love the stories and pics, Jeff!
Old 03-14-2010, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

I'm going back out today, in the same areas and some different ones. I think most of the snow should be gone now, maybe some patches left.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks like a great trip pike, and you got yourself a hunting buddy for sure
Old 03-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

I got out yesterday afternoon after the rain. I found one right away as I checked at this corn crib. It was a small 3 pt. But I thought it was a good start. Didn't find anymore for the rest of the 4 hours. Still some stubborn snow in spots but 90% gone. So now I know of 3 shooters for next year.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

Found this one in Early February.......

came off of this buck.

Now that the snow is off i am going to try and find this ones sheds...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.