Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
More on the failed Pa game commission deer plan - audit article >

More on the failed Pa game commission deer plan - audit article

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

More on the failed Pa game commission deer plan - audit article

Old 03-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by moosemike
By "Mutt" do you mean Muttleysgone? I'll agree with you as far as two guys there, RSB and John S. they can get pretty mean at times and I don't think I could pull what they do. i'm not sure I'd want to try though either.

Yes Mutt = Muttleysgone, and BTW we agree about ARs. And, if you do a little more research on the history of HR I'll bet you'll agree that there was no need for the extreme , statewide HR the PGC implemented.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by J Pike
Moose Mike no offense but I didnt know you were a member on HPA. and I know all the players as well. In fact I just looked at your last 400 posts on HPA. and only 3 of them had to do with HR. or AR. Pike

Actually I spend alot of time in the "basement" over there with Bumblehick and the boys.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

Doug I dare say (without boasting) I personally have have placed nearly $10,000 out of my OWN pocket plus the use of my own equipment into habitat improvement on public lands...lands open to hunting...yes even to hunters whom wish to kill doe... in just 2009 alone.
On my own personal property (closed to the public) I spend on average of $175,000 to seed, fertilize,and plant crops each and every year...one could argue that I'm planting for my own gains..yes I do but let us not forget the amount of all animal species that eat as a result of my investment.
And let us not forget the habitat work I have done thru good farming practices for the past 60 years.......
Yup I'm a whiner whom doesn't give anything back alright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DougE
I can honestly see why these guts are questing RB.He did an absolute 180 degree turn.

I think the reason is alot deeper than just less deer but I'm not going to get into someone else's business on a public forum.

Oh I definately think it's deer.It looks like he is going to hunt around home on his land.Sounds like a good idea for the young ones.He's not a happy camper because of the deer populations around his camp.Face it,you're going to have a hard time keeping a kid interested in deer hunting when most likely you'll see none or maybe one.
On the other hand there's nothing like hunting at camp.I couldn't imagine being stuck hunting here all the time and not the cabin.Though the deer sightings are few if we hang in there we've been lucky enough to kill bucks.Reports I've been getting about Potter county basically have not been good at all.I know one camp in southern Potter that used to average at least ten bucks but now might get one.And those boys spread out all over the place.
I can't blame rooster for being upset.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree 100% . it is about deer and keeping his kids interested in hunting. the individual bow hunter has unlimited options and can adjust to lower deer numbers. Those who are hunting from a camp and those that are hunting for the benefit of others in their group are much more limited in their options. For many years my home was the base camp of our group and those were the best years of my hunting career ,no matter what we killed.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I admit I'm not a big one for the AR/HR forum. I was at one time but it just got to be the exact same guys arguing the exact same things. Only so much of that I could handle.
MM. I got banned as Jeff Pike for no reason on HPA. 13 months ago and signed back on with a different handle right after and since have pretty much stayed neutral (like you) in the deer war debates and havent got even a warning since, but the funny thing is my posting hasnt changed one bit. As long as you dont make the Pro PGC cool aid drinkers look stupid as many times as I, Bluebird and Cornie have done they will let you alone, but once you make them look stupid a few times your days on HPA. are numbered.
Also I have been a member here and other websites for years as well and never even got a time out let alone banned and my behavior/ post's etc. is no better or worse on this or the other sties I frequent than it was and still is on HPA. Pike
Old 03-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
I agree 100% . it is about deer and keeping his kids interested in hunting. the individual bow hunter has unlimited options and can adjust to lower deer numbers. Those who are hunting from a camp and those that are hunting for the benefit of others in their group are much more limited in their options. For many years my home was the base camp of our group and those were the best years of my hunting career ,no matter what we killed.
Amen Beenthere!! That's the real tragedy in all this!! The PGC. is killing the rich hunting tradition here in PA! Pike
Old 03-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Fork Horn

I'm opposed to AR which gets them even more mad over there than if you don't like HR. I'm one of those horrible people who still wishes he could shoot a forkhorn when he sees one. They debate me and don't understand why I'm not passing bucks up but no one insults me and I haven't been banned. Being opposed to AR doesn't even get me any thumbs up here much less over there. P.S. I'm not all that new over there.

Ok if HPA is as fair as you or anyone may think go post the article I found. RB wrote it in the editorial section of the potter county news paper and on message boards just 2 years ago post it along side his post of today. Ask him where is his patience today? Why was he asking others to do what he complains about just 2 years later. Ask him why he support herd reduction if it destroyed his potter camp dreams. Ill guarantee you will be pounced on by the usual cast of characters and your post will be deleted within a few days if not a few hours and within a week you will be banned .
Old 03-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Fork Horn

Amen Beenthere!! That's the real tragedy in all this!! The PGC. is killing the rich hunting tradition here in PA! Pike
+1 . How hunters many including myself have waited with high hopes for the day our child or our nieces and nephews turned 12 to pass on our love of hunting to the kids only to see the child’s interest fade thanks to countless days afield without seeing deer. It’s so easy to say just move but as rooster has learned the hard way sometimes that’s harder than it sounds for many reasons
Old 03-06-2010, 02:45 AM
Spike

No he is not!! I have discussed things with Doug on HPA and here for over 10 years now and he is very knowledgeable and dedicated to our sport. He is the one that did all the work and dedicated all time to get hunters access at Treasure Lake. In my opinion TL. is (was) the model that the PGC./ hunters could use in similar deer problem developments and lands owned by the state/govt., private land owners etc. across the state to get hunters access and take care of their deer problem. Without hunter access these deer problem area's will just continue to get worse and continue to make hunters look like they are not doing their job to PA. residents who do not under stand why we are not problem and why we currently cannot solve the problem in their particular area. This is the exact reason why I called out Gal That Fishes and Dutch etc. on this very same topic on QDMA.com for trying to turn TL. into something its not. Below is the Link. Pike
http://forums.qdma.com/showthread.php?t=28340
Now that link is funnier than all get out. I know a good carpentry job when I sees one; you nailed em!

yano

Last edited by yano; 03-06-2010 at 03:32 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.