Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
More on the failed Pa game commission deer plan - audit article >

More on the failed Pa game commission deer plan - audit article

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

More on the failed Pa game commission deer plan - audit article

Old 03-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
"I'm opposed to AR which gets them even more mad over there than if you don't like HR."

Not even close. While some may not like you being against ar, to those that matter over there, HR is the main issue of the oned these guys are talking about. Ar has nothing to do with preventing extreme unnatural levels of biodiversity and other such nonsense, and nothing to do with losing timber profits. Both things they are clearly concerned with.

I'd also say you are fairly low key. I know all the "players" and usual combatants and only vaguely recognized your name as being a very casually posting board member, and couldnt even recall what your position is on the deer management issues. I see another member didnt recognize you from over there either... Id hardly think theyd see you as a threat to the status quo. lol.

Odd, considering I have made close to 7,000 posts there.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by moosemike
The PGC has managed the Bear population quite well. if you like bears as much as I do that is.
NABBA (north american black bear association of Ely, MN) was behind that too! Of which the infamous Dr. Alt was a long standing president..he should've stayed there too.
Let's not forget that bear season was closed for a few years prior to the boom in numbers,,,then restricted seasons...went from 1 week to 3 days (no weekend)...MAYBE just MAYBE we should do that with deer in some WMUs too!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Potterco; 03-05-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Odd, considering I have made close to 7,000 posts there.
Moose Mike no offense but I didnt know you were a member on HPA. and I know all the players as well. In fact I just looked at your last 400 posts on HPA. and only 3 of them had to do with HR. or AR. Pike
Old 03-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Banned

But hes living breathing proof hpa isnt nor have ever been biased pike. lol.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Potterco
I'm opposed to anything the PGC suggests in regard to deer...let them show me one single success story the've been responsible for in the last 15 years...turkeys?? no theat was the NWTF (of which I am a member)..elk??? no that was RMEF (of which I am a member)..phesants????...no don't get me started on them cause I'm a member of PF too!
Every single success of recent times with regard to wild game came about by independant groups not the PGC..time for the PGC to outsource the deer management too!!!!!!!
The NWTF is a huge benefit to hunters of this state but they support much of what the PGC does with regads to the habitat.The PGC doesn't have the money or manpower to do much of what needs to be done so groups like the NWTF HELP FUND PROJECTS.Last year I got to observe the PGC working with NWTF volunteers doing a gobbler mortality study.The PGC implemented the program but it was largely funded by the NWTF.I belong to another organization called Pa wildlife hanitat unlimited.This group is dedicated primarily to two things.Improving the habitat on our public lands and recruiting young hunters.They work hand in hand with local PGC WCO's and landmanagers to set up youth programs and do habitat improvement projects.It's amazing what can get accomplished if you work with someone instaed of against them.Like I STATED EARLIER.You can whine and cry all you want but I'll continue to be positive and make the best of the situation.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Banned

"It all started with just four
conservation-minded sportsmen with new ideas on how sportsmen and environmentalists can work together for fish and wildlife and their precious habitat."

Statement from your groups site doug. Considering all the problems environmentalists are now causing, id hardly want to crawl into bed with the enemy. I have no problem with environmentalists in general, but they need to keep their friggin noses OUT of our business so much, instead of pulling them in further!
Old 03-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by J Pike
Moose Mike no offense but I didnt know you were a member on HPA. and I know all the players as well. In fact I just looked at your last 400 posts on HPA. and only 3 of them had to do with HR. or AR. Pike

I admit I'm not a big one for the AR/HR forum. I was at one time but it just got to be the exact same guys arguing the exact same things. Only so much of that I could handle.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bowhunter2117
Doug is not that bad of a guy he comes across at times as some alpha hunter but that’s just Doug. Over the years we have had some heated discussions but in the end he has his views and I have mine. Will we ever agree NO! but I do respect him for standing up for what he believes in and mutual respect is shown on both sides when we are discussing deer
Maybe alpha hunter was the wrong word lets try boastful about killing so many doe outside his home area. Im sorry Doug to me at times you come across as a braggart as im sure I come across to you as a PGC hating whiner

Last edited by bowhunter2117; 03-05-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some guys need to get over their mancrush they have on HPA. If HPA bothers you that much it's because you got run out. If you got run out it's because you caused more trouble than you were worth having around. nobody fires up more people on HPA than myself, and I'm still there because I don't cast insults at people.

That's not true RSB called me a flimflam man, a liar a con man and said I was full of horse-puckey and never got suspended. Even Doug called me a liar and a few other derogatory terms and he was never banned. Mutt was banned for posting my personal info , but was allowed to come back under a new screen name. The PGC bias on that site is obvious and undeniable.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bluebird2
That's not true RSB called me a flimflam man, a liar a con man and said I was full of horse-puckey and never got suspended. Even Doug called me a liar and a few other derogatory terms and he was never banned. Mutt was banned for posting my personal info , but was allowed to come back under a new screen name. The PGC bias on that site is obvious and undeniable.

By "Mutt" do you mean Muttleysgone? I'll agree with you as far as two guys there, RSB and John S. they can get pretty mean at times and I don't think I could pull what they do. i'm not sure I'd want to try though either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.