Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
More on the failed Pa game commission deer plan - audit article >

More on the failed Pa game commission deer plan - audit article

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

More on the failed Pa game commission deer plan - audit article

Old 03-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

[QUOTE=DougE......I'll continue to hunt and make the best of what this part of the state has to offer.It must really stink being a miserable old fart.[/QUOTE]

I'm just glad you do all that doe killing anywhere but near my property! As for the rest of the comment I will just say it doesn't reek like a doe killer..all that scouting to kill doe..heck I could shoot them out the window most days (legally) but I got more pride than to kill a doe!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

Killing does is fine as long as you live in an area that has some around and the herd is huntable.

Where I live, public land is the worst in my 30 years in the woods. I wouldn't dream of shooting a doe there. I would worry that it might be the last one for 10 miles and I may NEVER see another one if I shot it.

Now private land around me is another matter. We have plenty of deer to hunt on private land. Most of the deer live and stay on the small farms and around the neighborhoods. I have 10-11 walk through my yard twice a day on their way to the soccer field complex. And that is not the only group going there every night. No problem popping a few of them if you wish.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

yeah if you call that hunting...not me I want the big woods ain't got no interest in watching the old hag next door hang laundry while I'm sitting on the porch roof with my bow in hand.
I agree with you though about killing them where they need to be thinned..if someone is that in need of killing something, but around my patch deer numbers are worse than I ever saw them and I'm in my 80s
Old 03-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by pats102862
I beleive you got the wrong fourm, but welcome anyway.

see my join date....i stop by from time to time.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by adudeuknow
see my join date....i stop by from time to time.

Good to see your smiling face around here dude.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

HPA what can ya say good about that place not much as far as being able to post your experiences deer hunting your area of PA if they happen to be contrary to herd reduction. Look at old chicken kickers post about his poor Potter camp if anyone that opposed the PGC were to post that the die hard boot lickers like Dutch, GTF Greene County Tom, mutt or Denny would have been all over him to go where the deer are in potter county or to scout more or hunt deeper and that cant be disputed! Yes old chicken kicker fell short of totally condemning the PGC for their mismanagement but that only because of his 50 acre food plot where his neighbors don’t shoot doe while he dmaps his land. I think his views would change drastically if those same neighbors suddenly put a hurting on his local hot spot. Now for those here that seem to have a fondness for old chicken kickers site why didn’t any of you post telling him how necessary the kill was or to just get over it and hunt where the deer are in potter county or hunt deeper keep smiling boys hr will catch up with you soon enough just ask old chicken kicker over on good old HPA

Last edited by bowhunter2117; 03-04-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bowhunter2117
HPA what can ya say good about that place not much as far as being able to post your experiences deer hunting your area of PA if they happen to be contrary to herd reduction. Look at old chicken kickers post about his poor Potter camp if anyone that opposed the PGC were to post that the die hard boot lickers like Dutch, GTF Greene County Tom, mutt or Denny would have been all over him to go where the deer are in potter county or to scout more or hunt deeper and that cant be disputed! Yes old chicken kicker fell short of totally condemning the PGC for their mismanagement but that only because of his 50 acre food plot where his neighbors don’t shoot doe while he dmaps his land. I think his views would change drastically if those same neighbors suddenly put a hurting on his local hot spot. Now for those here that seem to have a fondness for old chicken kickers site why didn’t any of you post telling him how necessary the kill was or to just get over it and hunt where the deer are in potter county or hunt deeper keep smiling boys hr will catch up with you soon enough just ask old chicken kicker over on good old HPA
Several people did including me.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Potterco
I'm just glad you do all that doe killing anywhere but near my property! As for the rest of the comment I will just say it doesn't reek like a doe killer..all that scouting to kill doe..heck I could shoot them out the window most days (legally) but I got more pride than to kill a doe!!!!!!
You should really make up your mind.First,there's no deer near your place and now it's so easy to kill them,you don't even have to hunt for them.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DougE
Several people did including me.
Doug what was his reply to your post
answer me this do you think he would still love the PGC if hr hit his food plot
Old 03-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Imagine that, another PA Game post. Guys, have you ever thought of giving this forum a rest. So we can see other things than PA and the PGC? I mean seriously, enough already. I get it, your not happy. But why ruin this forum so no-one else wants to post something about MD, or DE, or whatever.
bigcountry:
you seem like a guy that could use a little help,,,so i'll forward this tid bit of info that i've gathered over the years on this site,,,,,,,everytime you log on to the huntingnet forums and then click on the regional forums,,,,theres a basic headline that explains the area your about to click on,,,whether it be md. pa. ny or someother northeast state,,,,if your tired of reading about Pa. issues,,,,dont click on it!,,,,i know this may be a challenging feat for ******** like you,,,,but give it a try,,,,and try not to get any tears on your keyboard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.