Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
More on the failed Pa game commission deer plan - audit article >

More on the failed Pa game commission deer plan - audit article

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

More on the failed Pa game commission deer plan - audit article

Old 03-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

critical of some aspects of the PGC's DMP it failed to address the fact that the plan has failed to produce the predicted results. the audit did not address the fact that the plan did not increase breeding rates and productivity and that it had no effect on the breeding window. Even worse it did not address the effects of HR on regeneration.

Based on the data provided in the audit, from 2005 to 2008 regeneration decreased in 12 of the 21 WMUs for which they provided data. The decrease ranged from 2% in 2b to 16% in 2A and 2E. Can anyone explain why regeneration would decrease as the herd was reduced? I can't!!

At the same time regeneration increased in 5 WMUs but the increase only ranged from 2% -5%. The net result is that HR resulted in reduced regeneration in the vast majority of the state,which means the statewide HR of around 40% resulted in a decrease in regeneration rather than the predicted increase.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Banned

Actually bt, its even more absurd and ridiculous than that if one believes the annual pgc reports....

If you compare the 06/07 pgc annual report, it sites 2a's regeneration as being 61%. That 2005 data.

The very latest 2008's data dropped clean down to 36%! a 25% friggin decline!! lmao.

While on the topic of 2A, something i found worthy of a good chuckle, the herd estimate... Estimated somewhere between 47,856 and 74,582. Wow, thats some accuracy there eh? lmao.

Pgc management at its finest.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 03-06-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I find it to be simply amazing that stump jumpers like you and me analyze the PGC data and find the obvious flaws in the plan while te professionals from WMI and the PGC either dismiss or miss the obvious flaws in the plan.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by J Pike
MM. I got banned as Jeff Pike for no reason on HPA. 13 months ago and signed back on with a different handle right after and since have pretty much stayed neutral (like you) in the deer war debates and havent got even a warning since, but the funny thing is my posting hasnt changed one bit. As long as you dont make the Pro PGC cool aid drinkers look stupid as many times as I, Bluebird and Cornie have done they will let you alone, but once you make them look stupid a few times your days on HPA. are numbered.
Also I have been a member here and other websites for years as well and never even got a time out let alone banned and my behavior/ post's etc. is no better or worse on this or the other sties I frequent than it was and still is on HPA. Pike

You are right. I just learned this the hard way. Don't ever argue with someone from the PGC on that site.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Banned

....We told you so. lol.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
....We told you so. lol.

I know, I know. Don't rub it in too hard. I was blown away with how quick they bring the hammer down if you oppose the PGC employees there. I was the one who was personally attacked and then to top it off a mod threatened to ban me personally for personal attacks.