Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
More on the failed Pa game commission deer plan - audit article >

More on the failed Pa game commission deer plan - audit article

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

More on the failed Pa game commission deer plan - audit article

Old 03-03-2010, 07:27 PM
  #91  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location:
Posts: 2,978
Default

Jeff you have a PM.
Cornelius08 is offline  
Old 03-03-2010, 08:49 PM
  #92  
Nontypical Buck
 
J Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: York, PA.
Posts: 1,313
Default

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
Jeff you have a PM.
Got it!! Sent one back to ya! Pike
J Pike is offline  
Old 03-04-2010, 05:53 AM
  #93  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,262
Default

Originally Posted by bluebird2
Thanks ,that is quite a compliment coming from and adversary and if
I ever meet Beenthere I will pass it along. The fact remains you supported the PGC HR plan on HPA and that made you a member of the PGC cult and made you immune from getting banned. I was banned for asking a simple question to RB,before he changed his tune on HR.
I wouldn't call you an adversary anymore than I'd call my wife or several other close friends that I don't see eye to eye on certain issues.

You know how I critical I was about everything Alt did or said.I never even got a warning.
DougE is offline  
Old 03-04-2010, 06:00 AM
  #94  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,262
Default

Originally Posted by TWOWITHONE
If you arent in lockstep with the players over there your gone. Ive gotten the warnings over there cause I didnt agree with the majority. That other site pa.outdoors.com you can argue this stuff till the cows come home ask douge.If you get real out of hand 3 day suspension or whatever
I've gotten a couple suspensions and a ban on Pa-outdoors.The last one was because I ticked off a moderators husband.
DougE is offline  
Old 03-04-2010, 06:16 AM
  #95  
Fork Horn
 
moosemike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lancaster co. PA
Posts: 277
Default

Originally Posted by DougE
I've gotten a couple suspensions and a ban on Pa-outdoors.The last one was because I ticked off a moderators husband.


Well then it would seem Doug E has been asked.
moosemike is offline  
Old 03-04-2010, 06:27 AM
  #96  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,262
Default

Originally Posted by moosemike
Well then it would seem Doug E has been asked.
In all fairness,things have seemed to have mellowed out on that site.

I did get a warning from an administaror that I would be banned if I responded to any more of his posts.I continue to respond and haven't been banned yet.
DougE is offline  
Old 03-04-2010, 06:54 AM
  #97  
Fork Horn
 
moosemike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lancaster co. PA
Posts: 277
Default

Back to the PGC deer plan. i haven't made my position completely known. What I've said here is because I'm a "glass is half full" kind of guy. My favorite thing in the world for many years was Sullivan county. My in-laws own a camp there. I used to live for my time hunting up there. I haven't hunted there since 2005. Why? Because I can't find deer in deer season there anymore. So I live in Lebanon county and have a pretty good streak of getting deer in my home county. This past season i did not fill a tag for the first time since 1989. It's gone from not being able to see a deer in Sullivan to not being able to get a deer in Lebanon. It just keeps getting worse every year. I believe the mistakes of the past have put the PGC in a spot where they had to radically reduce the deer herd. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel in this state so I just try to tell myself that if I just hunted harder or did things differently my luck would change. It's not just the deer or lack thereof. Every year I'm losing places to hunt. My choices have really dwindled and I'm not interested in sitting on the PA Gameless lands and watching the empty woods. I've done a good bit of moose hunting in new England and that's what it's all about up there, an empty woods. i feel if I still had access to some of the private land that I've lost these past few years that my luck would be better. But it's not and I am really looking into moving away from PA to get back into quality deer hunting. Once again I don't put the blame on the PGC, but things have changed for the worse nonetheless.
moosemike is offline  
Old 03-04-2010, 07:21 AM
  #98  
Fork Horn
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 171
Default

Well ain't this all warm and fuzzy? Let me say this now, that some here seem to enjoy eachother's company so darn much...I am a miserable old fart am not interested in swapping spit or taking warm showers with anyone..most of all any of the PGC idolizers! If you're against the PGC deer managment plan I'm on your side if you're agin it shame on you.
Grab a pitchfork, wheat thrasher or whatever you got handy and march on the Crystal Palace DEMAND changes..let them know just whom is footing the bills and their fat cat salaries and we ain't happy...if they can get more from the ecoweenies let them go there an when they see the funds dry up after a few months they'll come crawling back!!!!!!!!
Potterco is offline  
Old 03-04-2010, 07:44 AM
  #99  
Nontypical Buck
 
J Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: York, PA.
Posts: 1,313
Default

Originally Posted by TWOWITHONE
If you arent in lockstep with the players over there your gone. Ive gotten the warnings over there cause I didnt agree with the majority. That other site pa.outdoors.com you can argue this stuff till the cows come home ask douge.If you get real out of hand 3 day suspension or whatever
Just registered on pa.outdoors.com and it is a pretty cool site for the sportsman of PA!! Pike
J Pike is offline  
Old 03-04-2010, 08:32 AM
  #100  
Nontypical Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,262
Default

Originally Posted by Potterco
Well ain't this all warm and fuzzy? Let me say this now, that some here seem to enjoy eachother's company so darn much...I am a miserable old fart am not interested in swapping spit or taking warm showers with anyone..most of all any of the PGC idolizers! If you're against the PGC deer managment plan I'm on your side if you're agin it shame on you.
Grab a pitchfork, wheat thrasher or whatever you got handy and march on the Crystal Palace DEMAND changes..let them know just whom is footing the bills and their fat cat salaries and we ain't happy...if they can get more from the ecoweenies let them go there an when they see the funds dry up after a few months they'll come crawling back!!!!!!!!
Nah,I'll just spend some more time in the woods this spring and summer so when falls rolls around,I can pick up my of weapon and harvest deer like I always have.I'll have some days with few if any sighting but I know I'll also have plenty of action packed days with venison on the ground.You complain and march all you want.I'll continue to hunt and make the best of what this part of the state has to offer.It must really stink being a miserable old fart.
DougE is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.