Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Pennsylvania PGC postings >

Pennsylvania PGC postings

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pennsylvania PGC postings

Old 03-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

pennsylvania had a booming deer population for far too long especially in the northcentral. Hunters aren't happy about this correction the PGC has made but it is needed nonetheless. If the last two generations would have shot some does we wouldn't be where we are today. There is still alot of great hunting in PA but not so much on public land.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Banned

"Hunters aren't happy about this correction the PGC has made but it is needed nonetheless."
Some areas needed SOME reduction. ALL areas got reduction. Some areas needed none...others got far more than needed. The program was also based on MANY PROVEN lies and proven false predictions. Not only that deer are taking an undue amount of the blame for areas that do have lack of regen. We significantly cut the herd and have been 10 years since implementation of hr. What has it gained us? According to the audit....Very slight REGRESSION of the regeneration! lol

Time to say enough with the nonsense, some areas of the state dont have a thing wrong with the habitat and never did. Of those areas that do, cutting the herd to ridiculous levels below 10 dpsm didnt help. Time to cut our losses, let dcnr change their forestry practices to something that actually works and manage deer like all the other "normal" states.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Antler restrictions is a bigger farce than herd reduction IMO.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:58 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by NJheadhunter71
Hey moderators is it possible to get PA hunters their own category for posting the constant barrage of complaints about PA, PA deer, PGC, the head of the fish and wildlife, the Governor etc etc ect......... It shouldn't say Northeast it should say PA complaint department! WAH WAH WAH!
I agree, I just don't see the need to ruin the entire forum. And what amazes is its only 2-4 guys who are ruining it. And whats even more amazing is these people are grown men. A bunch newbies who do not contribute to any hunting forum. I honestly wonder if they even hunt.

Last edited by bigcountry; 03-02-2010 at 08:05 PM.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Banned

"Antler restrictions is a bigger farce than herd reduction IMO. "
Youre welcome to that opinion. Most i know support ar, I do as well. Some dont...

Just about everyone i know DOESNT support the ridiculous level of hr.

Btw MM, ignore the interruptions. Someone clearly is screaming for attention, jumping in on every thread, as if any of us care. The rules are the rules and noones breaking them.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by moosemike
pennsylvania had a booming deer population for far too long especially in the northcentral. Hunters aren't happy about this correction the PGC has made but it is needed nonetheless. If the last two generations would have shot some does we wouldn't be where we are today. There is still alot of great hunting in PA but not so much on public land.

where do you get off saying hunters didn't shoot does? "Doe Days" in Potter County and most of the other counties were as big as the opener of buck! Camps were full an the local shops were making $$.. Doe tags were sold out quickly each year and in alot of counties if you didn't have an in to get one you didn't ......apparently you don't know what you're talking about...again
Old 03-03-2010, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Potterco
where do you get off saying hunters didn't shoot does? "Doe Days" in Potter County and most of the other counties were as big as the opener of buck! Camps were full an the local shops were making $$.. Doe tags were sold out quickly each year and in alot of counties if you didn't have an in to get one you didn't ......apparently you don't know what you're talking about...again

Apparently I do. I'm just old enough to remember the days of 100 deer standing in the same field together. And I know the older generation and their "buck only" philosophy very well too. maybe you need to get out more?
Old 03-03-2010, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
Youre welcome to that opinion. Most i know support ar, I do as well. Some dont...

Just about everyone i know DOESNT support the ridiculous level of hr.

Btw MM, ignore the interruptions. Someone clearly is screaming for attention, jumping in on every thread, as if any of us care. The rules are the rules and noones breaking them.

All AR does IMO is take a guy who would have shot a spike on the first morning and force him to stay out in the woods and he ends up shooting a six or an eight that really would have been something in another year. we're shooting off ouor sixes and eight's and too many spikes and forkies are doing the breeding. I saw bigger bucks in the past.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by moosemike
Apparently I do. I'm just old enough to remember the days of 100 deer standing in the same field together. And I know the older generation and their "buck only" philosophy very well too. maybe you need to get out more?
What type of a mealy mouth post is this? You didn't even begin to address the topic...just what were all those hunters doing buying those doe tags in the 50s,60s,70s,80s...what were they doing in their deer camps starting the last Saturday of buck season thru the following Wed.? .... what were all those brown 4 legged critters hanging from one side of the camp meat pole to the other?????
Geeze Louise you post just like your alias does..hmmmm wonder whom it could be t be ????????????
Old 03-03-2010, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

Weird. A guy that says he supports HR but not AR. Never heard of such a thing. :E Guess the next move is goodbye AR, every deer that moves is fair game? Interesting viewpoint.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.