Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
More Fed Up PA Hunters - Pa Game Commission disapproval >

More Fed Up PA Hunters - Pa Game Commission disapproval

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

More Fed Up PA Hunters - Pa Game Commission disapproval

Old 02-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Banned

"If a farmer is losing 20% annual yield to deer should his voice not be heard? "
Since the herd has already been reduced significantly, His "voice" in this case, should be met with suggestions of localized management... dmap or red tag, or having deer shot by himself or appointing others as is now legal 24/7 for crop damage.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Doug, Your PM box is full!
Old 02-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DougE
I killed 12 doe and two bucks the last two years in 2G.I don't feel any guilt about it and I really don't care what Potterco thinks.

At least you showed the good sense to stay out of my hunting area or you'd see what Potterco thinks about it.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by DougE
I killed 12 doe and two bucks the last two years in 2G.I don't feel any guilt about it and I really don't care what Potterco thinks.
i would not brag you did this!terrible is all i can say........
Old 02-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

my opinion, seniors should not be allowed to shoot bucks without 3 points to side.also kid should only be able to do this their first year at 12 yrs old.

seniors want this because they can let their kids and grandkids shoot ANY buck they see with horns on and tag it for daddy or grandpa.

folks, its happening now with crews driving,they are shooting at ANY BUCK with horns and if not 3 points, they radio kids to tag it or wait until drive is over and let kid tag it..

this must stop.

wco bonderhorn even says this is happenig a lot, he has heard it on radios, I HAVE TOO.......now radios are scrabbled,you cant hear them.. dont think these guys dont know that they are scrabbled, they bought those radios just for this......

until the kid only at 12 is allowed you are going to have this happen.

now add in seniors who want to PLAY in this game....disgusting bun
ch of people we have today, always trying to find a way around system to cheat.
i have turned in 2 crews for this so far that i know are doing this and this is just tip of the problem...............

you can see i am pissed..

AR is great thing and HR went too far in WMU2G...........

Last edited by sproulman; 02-26-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not bragging.It's an absolute fact.The deer aren't extinct or even close to it.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Potterco
At least you showed the good sense to stay out of my hunting area or you'd see what Potterco thinks about it.
You would unpleasantly surprised to find out what I think.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wow Doug - 12 doe and 2 buck in 2 years? I wonder how much meat you have in your freezer? Did you give a lot of this venison away, or did you just shoot the doe because you had tags and it was "legal"? It may have been legal, but legal or not, it is still unethical. Its guys like you that buy up the tags and shoot all these deer and then tell the dads and granddads that they are whining when they take their sons and grandsons out for days on end and the kid can't see a deer to shoot. And that frustration will turn the child against hunting. But I guess that is what YOU want. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so I just spoke mine.

Last edited by bronko22000; 02-26-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Doug is being both legal and ethical. He has told us that he is specifically hunting in places where deer need to be harvested.

I average 4-6 does per year myself. All legally harvested in places where they need to be taken. Every deer was utilized and I will continue to harvest multiple does every year as long as it's both legal and the right thing to do for the area.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

He has told us that he is specifically hunting in places where deer need to be harvested.
Wrong again!!! Doug said he only hunts areas with good habitat where you can expect to find a lot of deer. Even the habitat in TL supports 50 DPSM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.