Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
pa deer roadkill >

pa deer roadkill

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

pa deer roadkill

Old 02-21-2010, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default very few road kills

seeing a road kill deer in western clinton county pa is not normal now.i did see more killed than in past 3 yrs but this was do to bucks chasing does around homes where most of deer that are left hang out during rut.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:19 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2

The they could take it to the next step and eliminate humans to avoid human/human conflict.
Or eliminate humans to avoid human /deer conflicts. This last housing bubble burst will slow down the the human infringement on their habitat for a while.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is an article on the subject.

By MARCUS SCHNECK, The Patriot-News
February 21, 2010, 6:47PM
The Central Pennsylvania Roadkill Survey this week found a increase in devastation on the roadways of the region.
Rick Hess, of Boiling Springs, found just one dead raccoon this week along his route, which runs from Boiling Springs south along Rt. 74, along Spring Lane to Rt. 15 north, along Lisborn Road to Messiah College.
Along the southbound lane of I-81, between the I-78 and I-83 splits, Patriot-News outdoor writer Marcus Schneck noted a skunk just west of the I-81/I-78 split, a raccoon at Exit 85 (Annville-Fort Indiantown Gap) and an opossum near Exit 77. Along the northbound lane in the same area, he found a dead skunk at the Grantville exit.
Roadways throughout Central Pennsylvania take a huge toll on the wildlife living here.
Taking note of the road-killed wildlife we all see on our roadways everyday during our normal commutes and travels likely will present a staggering tally, in addition to pinpointing some spots along the roadways where we might want to exercise extra caution behind the wheel. We might also gain some insight into the heavy travel times for various species throughout the year.
JOIN IN: Others who drive the same route through some portion of Central Pennsylvania at least once each week are encouraged to volunteer to help compile this weekly census.
Each volunteer would be asked to submit an e-mail report on the same section of roadway by Friday each week to me at [email protected].
The goal would be to report only the new wildlife killed each week and not repeat any records from the previous week, and always for the same assigned section of roadway.
If you're interested, please send your name, e-mail address, telephone number, address and description of the roadway you travel and want to cover for the census to [email protected].
I'm asking you to register in advance for a particular section of roadway to avoid duplication of effort by the volunteers.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

The problem could be solved by forceably reducing the human population of PA by 75 percent. Then you would have far fewer deer/auto accidents AND the success ratio for deer hunters would be so high that they would quit complaining. That is, until the first time that they fail to get a big buck two hours into opening day and so decide that another conspiracy is at work
Old 02-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just narrowly missed one with the truck the other day but its probably my own fault. I havent sighted the truck in since I put new tires on it
Old 02-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

I saw a deer hit on the Rt 49 just today...he was lost an looking for his buddies, gave up an commited suicide as he didn't want to be the lone survior of the species in these parts
Old 02-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

I wonder how safe it would be for a BOC member to walk the streets these days ?????????
Old 02-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Banned

Maybe they can borrow Gary Alts bullet proof vest collection? Now that hes safe & sound as far away as he could get in California. lmao.

Wonder if hes marching in parades out there in San Fran?
Old 02-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
Maybe they can borrow Gary Alts bullet proof vest collection? Now that hes safe & sound as far away as he could get in California. lmao.

Wonder if hes marching in parades out there in San Fran?
That was funny.I just got a shot of full throttle up my nose.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Potterco
I saw a deer hit on the Rt 49 just today...he was lost an looking for his buddies, gave up an commited suicide as he didn't want to be the lone survior of the species in these parts

lol

That's great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.