Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NRA weighs in on AR >

NRA weighs in on AR

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NRA weighs in on AR

Old 02-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Quote:
The guy even unwittingly admits he's pretty darned self centered when he describes a buck that got by him before he could count points and his "heart sank" when he heard the shot from his elderly fathers stand?!?!?!?

Just another selfish hunters rant!
You accuse the author of being self centered and selfish by intentionally miss stating what the author said. His heart didn't sink because his father shot the buck, he said it sank because he had second guessed himself. Here is a direct quote from the article in it's propercontext.

Quote:
I heard him shoot and my heart sank. NOT BECAUSE he had killed the deer ,but because I had second guessed myself.
Talk about taking something out of context to make a point.
Sorry, his lame disclaimer doesn't cover up what he really said. You want to talk about context? Okay, he had prviously stated that he couldnt see brow tines so he didnt "second guess" himself. He simply didnt get a good enough look.

An unselfish hunters heart wouldnt have sank upon hearing dad shoot. He would have merely been happy for Dad that he was able to see that fourth point.

The "heart sank" line says it all. The fact that he cleaned it up to sound better didnt cover up his true immediate reaction to Dad shooting a deer that he clearly considered "his"
Old 02-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, his lame disclaimer doesn't cover up what he really said

What he really said was one I posted in the quote. You stated your opinion of what he said ,which was quite different than what the author intended to convey.

It appears that you think anyone that disagrees with ARs is a selfish ,self centered spike shooter who you hold in contempt,while claiming you welcome and respect all hunters.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

What he really said was one I posted in the quote. You stated your opinion of what he said ,which was quite different than what the author intended to convey.

LOL! What the author intended to convey was to mask his selfishness in being upset that a deer got past him and his elderly father shot it.

It could just as easily be said that you'd defend anyone who takes issue with AR's and rationalize just about anything said by anyone who supports your anti AR agenda.

Saying his heart sank when his father shot betrays the words he used to cover for it in his next line. Again, an unselfish hunters heart would have been filled with joy that dad got an opportunity at the buck that got past him.

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 02-20-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
There was absolutely no science that supported a need for ARs anywhere in the state.

Ars were only implemented in order to get hunters to shoot more doe!!!
No. You're wrong, and its pathetic that you can feed the public your radical viewpoints and nothing is done to limit it. Good ol' freedom of speech. Note to everyone: if its brown, smells really bad, and came from a cow...its bull$hit.

AR's were backed by science, and they did what they were intended to do...protect 50% of the yearling buck population.

I'll put you in touch with the biologists who did the research leading to AR's, even though I'm sure you would be teaching them.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Banned

Glew says: "No. You're wrong, and its pathetic that you can feed the public your radical viewpoints and nothing is done to limit it."
Radical??? Whats radical about the mans viewpoint? He disagrees with you. Alot of people dont support ar. I do, im guessing somewhat over half may, but alot also do not. I see nothing "radical" in the viewpoint.

As for your pro-censorship garbage, it sounds like you have come from boards that have been heavily censored and think thats right thing to do. Hmm whatever one could that have been? lol.

"Good ol' freedom of speech. Note to everyone: if its brown, smells really bad, and came from a cow...its bull$hit."
Not only does it come from cows, it also comes straight from Pgc on a regular basis. If the wind is just right you can probably smell elmerton Avenue from Jersey.

Bluebirds right on the money. Ar was implemented for one reason, to help promote the doe slaughter. I dont care why it was implemented i support it personally because I personally like the idea of saving some bucks to grow, but thats my opinion. But the doe slaughter needs to be addressed.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 02-20-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE]Saying his heart sank when his father shot betrays the words he used to cover for it in his next line. Again, an unselfish hunters heart would have been filled with joy that da[QUOTE]

If I wanted to twist and spin what was written ,I could claim authors heart sunk because he thought his Dad shot an illegal buck ,due too poor vision resultig from his advanced age. But there is no need to do that because the author stated what he felt for all to read. But some are so desperate to defend ARs that they make up things and insult and demean their fellow hunters.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

No. You're wrong, and its pathetic that you can feed the public your radical viewpoints and nothing is done to limit it. Good ol' freedom of speech. Note to everyone: if its brown, smells really bad, and came from a cow...its bull$hit.
Apparently you know less about deer than you know cows and their poop. If a cow poops it may smell really bad but it is cow poop not bull poop. Try again.

Please feel free to post the science that supports ARs. Kroll's research showed there is little genetic difference between bucks regarding antler size at maturity and several other studies show that yearling buck still participate in breeding even in a herd with a high percentage of older buck. Furthermore,over 50 years of history in PA showed that harvesting 80% of our yearling buck had no negative impact on our herd and there is no research you can cite to dispute that fact.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

If all that were true, highgrading would be a very difficult thing to accomplish.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is not true because high grading is not the result of a change in genetics. It is the product of selectively harvesting the best bucks in each age class while protecting the bucks that are inferior for the rate of antler development.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

And just where do you suggest the code for antler development lies?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.