Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NRA weighs in on AR >

NRA weighs in on AR

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NRA weighs in on AR

Old 02-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Banned

I think over half support it myself, but think even more would, and it wouldnt be as big of an issue if it werent for the ridiculous herd reductions.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Potterco
pass on a spike or a forkhorn and it gets killed by the next youth hunter down the ridge
You are not up on the stats then. The harvest of sub AR bucks by youth hunters is statistically negligible, and well worth it if you ask me. I would be very happy for a youth that shot a buck that I passed on. I would not deny him his accomplishment. I think it sad that grown men resent youth hunters but I keep seeing it over and over. I believe that a grown man should see past the sacrifice and feel good about it for the good of the sport and the nurturing of young recruits.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by livbucks
I think it sad that grown men resent youth hunters but I keep seeing it over and over.

It says alot about their character.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Game Commission science? Is that like the deer population, global warming and nuclear power being safe science???
Old 02-20-2010, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

The article reads like a lot of stories we've all heard. The guy is complaining because he actually has to look at the deer instead of just shooting. For those who didnt read the article yet, its all about his personal hunting tales of woe and not about any science or what may be good for hunting and the deer herd.
The guy even unwittingly admits he's pretty darned self centered when he describes a buck that got by him before he could count points and his "heart sank" when he heard the shot from his elderly fathers stand?!?!?!?

Just another selfish hunters rant!
Old 02-20-2010, 06:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Quote:
Originally Posted by livbucks
I think it sad that grown men resent youth hunters but I keep seeing it over and over.

It says alot about their character.
It sure does. I simply cant excuse a hunter who's been hunting for decades complaining about a young hunter who can shoot a little buck that he'd have to pass. Thats some of the worst kind of selfishness there is.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

The guy even unwittingly admits he's pretty darned self centered when he describes a buck that got by him before he could count points and his "heart sank" when he heard the shot from his elderly fathers stand?!?!?!?
That goes beyond low. I would pass a 10 point if I knew it would go straight over to my Dad. People are unbelievable anymore.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
It sure does. I simply cant excuse a hunter who's been hunting for decades complaining about a young hunter who can shoot a little buck that he'd have to pass. Thats some of the worst kind of selfishness there is.
They are pathetic.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just another selfish hunters rant!
You accuse the author of being self centered and selfish by intentionally miss stating what the author said. His heart didn't sink because his father shot the buck, he said it sank because he had second guessed himself. Here is a direct quote from the article in it's propercontext.

I heard him shoot and my heart sank. NOT BECAUSE he had killed the deer ,but because I had second guessed myself.
Talk about taking something out of context to make a point.

Last edited by bluebird2; 02-20-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Banned

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.