Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
case of Pa WCO harassment? >

case of Pa WCO harassment?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

case of Pa WCO harassment?

Old 02-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default case of Pa WCO harassment?

I had another thread asking what a WCO can/cannot do and wanted to read the replies to that prior to posting this.
This past October during senior anterless season a WCO pulled me over on the assumtion I was road hunting and wanted to check my tags and vehicle for loaded firearms. When I explained I was merely checking my pasture fence that runs along a township road he excused himself but asked to see the rifle in the window rack of my pickup...I gladly complied an opened the action an opened the floor plate of the mdl 700 BDL 25-06..all was well until the WCO noticed the Glock mdl 19 9mm in a Fobus holster under my jacket ( I was dressed for farm work not hunting garb) he asked to see my permit to carry and I showed him my concealed weapons permit...dropped the loaded clip and opend the slide...I did not have a round chambered.....the WCO tried to tell me I couldn't have a loaded weapon in my vehicle regardless of the permit to carry a concealed weapon....I told him he'd better check the 2nd Ammendment, I'm legal and then the WCO goes off on this triade of how he thinks I'm road hunting, etc. etc. ..how ignorant is this guy to think I'm road hunting deer with a Glock 9mm?
To make a long story much shorter he detained me for 45 minutes searched my truck for signs of transporting a deer,etc and waited on the State Police to show up...when they did in less than 5 minutes I was on my way.
Don't they teach these wanna be's about the 2nd Ammendment down in Harrisburg anymore?
Three times later last fall this same WCO followed me to town,from one farm of mine to another, and parked an watched as I cut corn for 3 hours...I saw him looking at me with binos I know 'cause I was looking at him thru mine!

Last edited by Potterco; 02-11-2010 at 08:09 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Potterco
I had another thread asking what a WCO can/cannot do and wanted to read the replies to that prior to posting this.
This past October during senior anterless season a WCO pulled me over on the assumtion I was road hunting and wanted to check my tags and vehicle for loaded firearms. When I explained I was merely checking my pasture fence that runs along a township road he excused himself but asked to see the rifle in the window rack of my pickup...I gladly complied an opened the action an opened the floor plate of the mdl 700 BDL 25-06..all was well until the WCO noticed the Glock mdl 19 9mm in a Fobus holster under my jacket ( I was dressed for farm work not hunting garb) he asked to see my permit to carry and I showed him my concealed weapons permit...dropped the loaded clip and opend the slide...I did not have a round chambered.....the WCO tried to tell me I couldn't have a loaded weapon in my vehicle regardless of the permit to carry a concealed weapon....I told him he'd better check the 2nd Ammendment, I'm legal and then the WCO goes off on this triade of how he thinks I'm road hunting, etc. etc. ..how ignorant is this guy to think I'm road hunting deer with a Glock 9mm?
To make a long story much shorter he detained me for 45 minutes searched my truck for signs of transporting a deer,etc and waited on the State Police to show up...when they did in less than 5 minutes I was on my way.
Don't they teach these wanna be's about the 2nd Ammendment down in Harrisburg anymore?
Three times later last fall this same WCO followed me to town,from one farm of mine to another, and parked an watched as I cut corn for 3 hours...I saw him looking at me with binos I know 'cause I was looking at him thru mine!
Wow,you certainly have poor luck.I think it's terrible that any law enforcement officer would pick on an 83 year old guy.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

Did you contact a supervisor? File a formal complaint?
Radio logs would be easy to verify. A few things I dont understand,

1, Assuming your right handed how in the world did he notice a concealed gun under a jacket?

2, After he noticed the gun, Why did he let you handle it? (drop mag and lock slide) ?

There is no wanna be's as WCO's much easier to get hired by a police Dept than by the PGC. 50 weeks of training and multiple classes in Constitutional Law, which must be passd at 100%. Violate someones Constitutional rights and the Officer is on he hook personally for a lawsuit.

PM me his name and I will call him.

Last edited by WCO R.W.J; 02-11-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you get that PM yet?
Old 02-12-2010, 12:45 AM
Fork Horn

RWJ did you get the PM, titled WCO?
FTR I'm somewhat handicapped from a farming accident and wear my holster as a cross draw, he dropped the clip after pulling the pistol an placed it on the hood of his truck with my rifle
Old 02-12-2010, 03:11 AM
Fork Horn

no PM yet, box is empty
Old 02-12-2010, 03:44 AM
Fork Horn

I'll resend I have dial up here in the woods an half the time the pages don't load fast enough and it times out.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's strange. I wonder why a PM would take longer to load than a regular post?
Old 02-12-2010, 05:55 AM
Fork Horn

BT apparently you don't have dial up...do you have any idea how long it takes to even load Huntingnet's site to begin with ...consider all links/advertisement that need to be loaded...anyway I resent the PM to RWJ not that it's any of your business.
and as of 9:55 RWJ hasn't responded

Last edited by Potterco; 02-12-2010 at 05:56 AM. Reason: 'cause BTB is trying to be a smart azz
Old 02-12-2010, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

BT apparently you don't have dial up...do you have any idea how long it takes to even load Huntingnet's site to begin with ...consider all links/advertisement that need to be loaded...anyway I resent the PM to RWJ not that it's any of your business.
and as of 9:55 RWJ hasn't responded

Why'd you get your panties in a bunch? I made a simple observation. No, I dont have dial up now but have had it in the past. Sure it's slow. I just mentioned that it's strange that a PM would take longer than a post. As far it being my business, this is a public forum and you started the thread. You made it the business of anyone who reads this thread.

I think a lot of folks here would love to hear both sides of this story. So now we're all patiently waiting to hear what happens........

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 02-12-2010 at 07:37 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.