Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
stop complainin...start hunting >

stop complainin...start hunting

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

stop complainin...start hunting

Old 02-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dead fish in a barrel!!

OK ya got me!! LMFAO!!! Just spent 5 minutes wiping diet coke from the screen and the keyboard!

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 02-01-2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: left out quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by pats102862
I was always under the impression going one on one with a mature whitetail is one of the hardest to be successful at. Today I find out bagging a mature unpressured whitetail buck is as easy as shooting fish in a barrel. I am also stricken with guilt that I might have benifited from zero hunting pressure.

Dont worry Pats! At least your "fish in a barrell" deer aint full of steroids!
Old 02-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DougE
Jeff,in the past,I've seen you post that if someone is seeing more than a few deer a day,that's too many.How many deer a day do you think a guy should see?
Doug I never posted any such thing, what I have posted on numerous occasions is that the most deer I have ever seen in one day in any state was 13 (in York Co. ) and that I have always considered seeing 1-4 deer during a morning or eve. as a very good hunt.
I have also stated on numerous occasions that how and where I hunt I never expect to see alot of deer but if I do see a deer it is probably something pretty interesting and also probably pass by my stand within bow range.

But to answer your question anyway, I have no clue how many deer a guy should see?? Pike
Old 02-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
OK ya got me!! LMFAO!!! Just spent 5 minutes wiping diet coke from the screen and the keyboard!
Good, you caused a mess on my computer last week. Now we are even!
Old 02-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I cant see how comparing the archery hunt during the rut with the hunting of pressured rifle season deer as having any merit. Try hunting UNPRESSURED adult bucks, that don't stand up during daylight. You know...the kind that you only ever see at night on the game camera. In PRESSURED gun season, those bucks get killed. UNPRESSURED and they live and live and live some more. The whiner crowd would have probably never shot a buck in their life had it not been for PRESSURE. Why do you think that the biggest bucks of all time were taken during pressured gun season? Even with the rut, top archery bucks are inferior to the top gun bucks.
And if you think those bucks in the photo are "ROID" bucks, well then, you never saw a truly huge buck. Those are nice bucks indeed, but hardly "ROID" caliber.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by pahunter74
i wish hunters would stop complaining about lack of deer. hunters are becoming very lazy anymore if they dont see anything by 10:00 am they are out of the woods. where i hunt in 4e on public gamelands i have been very successful in the past ten years or more because i stay out rain or shine all day and i go more than 50 yards from the road. its simple solution stop being so lazy and actually HUNT..
oh my!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Banned

From QDMA website:
In bucks treated with GonaCon, suppressed testosterone production results in a lack of rutting behavior and the associated neck swelling and muscular growth. Treated bucks resemble does with
antlers.

" These body and antler characteristics don’t
match our experiences or expectations for the noble white-tailed buck.
Thanks to the Pennsylvania game commission, THIS is what Pa bucks will soon be looking like:

Old 02-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Maybe I can help. I doubt Doug would mind since he sent me this photo.

A load of deer, in 2G BTW......

Now if they weighed over 2,000 pounds that would be a TON of deer LOL!
bob, those dont look like bucks that you would find on PUBLICLAND HERE IN 2G.
more to that story...........
Old 02-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by blkpowder
Dead fish in a barrel!!

Old 02-02-2010, 03:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sproulman
bob, those dont look like bucks that you would find on PUBLICLAND HERE IN 2G.
more to that story...........
You could be right Sproul. Those bucks are probably at least 3+ years old. They most likely had some way of avoiding hunters afterthey were AR legal. That often, but not always means private land. On the other hand, there are big bucks like that taken every year on public ground around where we hunt in 2F. Finding em where we hunt means getting in where it's deep, steep or very ugly. At this point with my heart issues, I dont go deep oe steep any more but there are plenty of ugly places close to the roads.

The one thing that stands out among the folks I know who routinely bag the gaggers is that they put lots of time in and are always thinking outside the box. I know you put in lots of time and I know you arent afraid to go way back so its gotta be that the area you now hunt is still too accessable to the orange horde......... I think I'm gonna send you a PM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.