Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
stop complainin...start hunting >

stop complainin...start hunting

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

stop complainin...start hunting

Old 02-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Maybe I can help. I doubt Doug would mind since he sent me this photo.

A load of deer, in 2G BTW......

Now if they weighed over 2,000 pounds that would be a TON of deer LOL!
Like most other hunters, zero deer sightings would be a bad day hunting.But not necessarily a bad day. I'm not working,away from the wife( just need a little break time ),not hearing the phone ring off the hook from solicitors calling,watching Herons eat up my fish. Did I say it's nice to be alone in the woods. Seeing 1 to 6 deer,a fair day and 6 or more would be a good day. A nice big buck in the back of my truck would be a fantastic day.

How many times are you gonna show that photo of that truck load of scrub racks?
Old 02-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

Since you seem interested, I could make myself available to give you a few pointers if you're willing to learn. It does give me some gratification to help an inexperienced hunter find a good buck!
Don't think too highly of yourself their Bubba. You have nothing to offer me. You stick to your honey hole and brag about your big buck. I will stick with the real ones. Maybe you might have heard about the ones that are free ranging?
Old 02-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
For your information, for you I am Bluebird 2. For my friends I am Larry.

Without a doubt i could experience the same success Doug experiences if I hunted under the same conditions that he enjoys. but unlike Doug i wouldn't be as greedy and arrogant as to kill multiple deer in a WMU with very low deer densities. I don't even do that in 5C where the PGC wants to reduce our herd by 40%.
The simple fact is because you reside in the general area where you hunt , you are benefiting from the reduced hunting pressure that resulted from the effects of HR. hunting deer that aren't subjected to heavy hunting pressure is like shooting fish in barrel.

Based on the number of times you've complained about a lack of deer sightings and that fact that you live in a WMU where approximately 29000 antlerless deer are harvested, your claim that it's easy to kill deer where DougE lives rings pretty hollow.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Maverick 1
Don't think too highly of yourself their Bubba. You have nothing to offer me. You stick to your honey hole and brag about your big buck. I will stick with the real ones. Maybe you might have heard about the ones that are free ranging?

Do you have nothing more to offer than baseless personal attacks? When was the last time you had a positive original thought to offer here? Maybe your energies would be better expended that way.

Why not post a pic of one of those "real ones" I promise to congratulate you with no strings attached
Old 02-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

hunting deer that aren't subjected to heavy hunting pressure is like shooting fish in barrel.
So its that easy. I must be making it a lot harder than it actually is.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

How many times are you gonna show that photo of that truck load of scrub racks?
Sorry Blkpowder! I shouldn't have posted that pic especially since we know it was taken up there in 2G where it's like shooting fish in a barrel!!

Maybe those scrubs need some of those steroids Mav's talking about
Old 02-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry Blkpowder! I shouldn't have posted that pic especially since we know it was taken up there in 2G where it's like shooting fish in a barrel!!

I was always under the impression going one on one with a mature whitetail is one of the hardest to be successful at. Today I find out bagging a mature unpressured whitetail buck is as easy as shooting fish in a barrel. I am also stricken with guilt that I might have benifited from zero hunting pressure.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

Maybe those scrubs need some of those steroids Mav's talking about
Dead fish in a barrel!!

Old 02-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was always under the impression going one on one with a mature whitetail is one of the hardest to be successful at. Today I find out bagging a mature unpressured whitetail buck is as easy as shooting fish in a barrel. I am also stricken with guilt that I might have benifited from zero hunting pressure.
How hard would it be to harvest a mature buck during the rut in an area with zero hunting pressure?

The discussion was not about Doug harvesting several mature buck in 2G , it was about his success at harvesting multiple doe in an area with low deer density.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

I am just playing along with your game there Bubba. If you don't like it, then don't start it. If you're going to dish it out, you better be big enough to take it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.