Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Proposed changes for 2010-2011 seasons >

Proposed changes for 2010-2011 seasons

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Proposed changes for 2010-2011 seasons

Old 02-03-2010, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

LOL...I think he meant hanging them up in the woods near their stand!!!! But I'm seeing a good (deleted) joke in the makings, here.........

Last edited by JW; 02-03-2010 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Ethnic flaming
Old 02-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Banned

"Well, I think the dryer sheets would be considered a cover scent, and not bait, since the bears would have to eat you before they could eat the sheets. "
It doesnt have to be edible. SCENT/lure is illegal for use during bear season as well. Id say apple or acorn scent would qualify.

Restrictions
It is unlawful to 1) kill a bear in a den; 2) use a radio to locate a bear to which a ratio transmitter has been attached; 3) hunt on areas where artificial or natural bait, hay grain, fruit, nuts, salt, chemicals, minerals, including residue or other foods are used, have been used, as an enticement to lure wildlife within the past 30 days; 4) USE SCENTS OR LURES.

Dont know that anyone would notice or care if you had your clothes dried with such smelling dryer sheets, but could see potential problems with hanging them in trees.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 02-03-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

i never saw those scented sheets but i am interested in them for making my clothes smell like apple or acorn etc. i guess you throw them in dryer with your archery clothes.

what i heard is they bait bears in THEN before week of archery they hang these dryer sheets on trees all over.
only what i hear that is happening.

where do you get these dryer scented sheets at?
Old 02-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
It doesnt have to be edible. SCENT/lure is illegal for use during bear season as well. Id say apple or acorn scent would qualify.

Restrictions
It is unlawful to 1) kill a bear in a den; 2) use a radio to locate a bear to which a ratio transmitter has been attached; 3) hunt on areas where artificial or natural bait, hay grain, fruit, nuts, salt, chemicals, minerals, including residue or other foods are used, have been used, as an enticement to lure wildlife within the past 30 days; 4) USE SCENTS OR LURES.

Dont know that anyone would notice or care if you had your clothes dried with such smelling dryer sheets, but could see potential problems with hanging them in trees.
many bears are killed in dens.
standard answer is this,i shot the bear,he/she was BUILDING a den.its something how some know every answer when they think someone saw them do something illegal. i could write a book........
Old 02-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Banned

Sproul, Only dryer sheets I know of are made by Hunter specialties in "earth scent". And also Wildlife research makes them in "autumn formula".

Tinks used to make them in acorn etc. Found a link which no longer works, Musta quit making them?

"
Tinks 2002 Catalog

Tink's® Smokin' Sticks™ are formulated to cover human scent and to attract game. ... Tink's® Scented Dryer Sheets available in Earth, Pine, and White Oak Acorn. ...
www.wellingtoninc.com/tinks/tinks1.htm - Cached
Old 02-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

boy, i would like to try them.seems like great idea to get your archery clothes smelling like apple or a acorn etc.i never saw them on net but i heard hunters say 10 years ago using them in dryer..........

Last edited by sproulman; 02-04-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

boys up my way were digging holes an pouring used fryer oil in it the shoveling the dirt back into the hole as well as pouring the used oil over logs etc...... anyway that's what I've heard
Old 02-04-2010, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

I once knew a fella who would make a small fire the opener of bear season and burn popcorn in it...burnt pop corn got a real odor.
Another guy would take a small camp stove with him and make bacon sandwiches all day long...no law agin making lunch...so i've heard
Old 02-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Potterco
I once knew a fella who would make a small fire the opener of bear season and burn popcorn in it...burnt pop corn got a real odor.
Another guy would take a small camp stove with him and make bacon sandwiches all day long...no law agin making lunch...so i've heard
its funny on fire.back when it was legal to make fire in SPROUL woods we had bear come to fire while we were driving boyer run.gordy was on top edge and got cold and the bear came to fire.
the bear was shot while they were standing near fire.
i posted how i smoke my hunting clothes at home with pine needles,oak leaves in fire then put my archery clothes in bag.
i do this today about twice a week in archery.gun season i dont do it as shots are longer.
i wonder why dryer sheets are not well known, it seems like great idea to put say a acorn scent on your clothes.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I been using the earth scent for a couple years. I put them in my pack. They are strong smelling,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.