Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Does a Pa WCO

Old 02-04-2010, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry for those who had a bad experience with a WCO. I also had a couple. But I also had bad experiences with,state troopers,local police officers,building code officers,
the mailman,teachers,customer service and the list goes on.The worst experience of my life was with a doctor. My Dad was in the hospital. The doctor showed up that morning and never acknowledged any of us. Looked at my Dad's chart,put it down,then blurted out;If he takes a turn for the worse,I guess you expect me to save his life!
After my actions,I still can't believe "I" didn't get thrown in jail and slapped with a law suite. Yes we expect those who serve us to always be professional and courteous. Are they? No! But when we have a bad experience,should all those related to that profession be tagged with the same reputation? Absolutely not!
Old 02-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not to defend the DR. but there was a reason for his comment. I wasn't there but am going through medical issues with my father as we speak.

The reason for that comment is, they want to know what he wants ( Living will)

I've been ask that question several times in the last year, while at the hospital.

My father has a list of medical problems complicated by two strokes in the last year.

While I wasn't there, I feel sure that is what the Dr, wanted to know.

Not trying to debate.

Since you are from Westmoreland Co. (me too) You have probably dealt with the same hospitals as me.

Some Doctors are just real jerks and lack sympathy when they ask questions.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WCO R.W.J
That was 20 years before my time with the Commission so I cant speak as to what would happen then, But I do know what would happen now. All complaints are tracked and investigated.

Just making a point!
Old 02-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Windwalker7
Not to defend the DR. but there was a reason for his comment. I wasn't there but am going through medical issues with my father as we speak.

I've been ask that question several times in the last year, while at the hospital.

My father has a list of medical problems complicated by two strokes in the last year.

Not trying to debate.

Since you are from Westmoreland Co. (me too) You have probably dealt with the same hospitals as me.

Chuck,no doubt we have. Hope everything goes well with your father!

Greg
Old 02-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

i was always told they can enter your home, no warrant needed...i would think the same goes with land too
Old 02-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not trying to debate.

Hope all goes well with your father WW. Will remember him in our prayers.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not trying to debate.

i share same here on your dad.my dad is very sick too at 95 but he keeps surprising me.he wants to see TOBY at hospital but its hard to bring dog in with all patients in hall etc.
our nursing homes are in trouble.
did you know that doctor can only see your dad/mom 1 time a month in nursing home
did you know it takes 2 days to get a pill ordered and delivered from a pharmacy that nursing home deals with
cost for nursing home now is 6000/9,000 a month and that is great service you will get for 6000/9,000 a month.no insurance covers it unless you have LTC insurance which most cant afford.

i am well experienced in this ,if you need any ADVISE ,drop me pm.
hope your dad is doing better, sproul
Old 02-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys!

Didn't mean to hijack this thread.

Prayers will be sent to your loved ones too.

Its tough when they get old.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WCO R.W.J
Why would you be afraid to attach your name to a complaint if it was true? We cant stick our head in the sand everytime someone does something because we are scared. All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to say/do nothing about it.
Of course it's true that citizens should have courage and be willing stand against law enforcement abuses but I think you're pretty naive to not understand why someone would be afaid to file a complaint. Do you really find it incomprehensable that an LEO might seek some kind of retribution against someone filing a complaint? Have you ever seen the documentary film "The Largest Street Gang in America"? In it a fellow is secretly filmed entering various police stations around the country and simply, and politely, asks for a complaint form. He was often verbally abused, sometime threatened and once even cuffed and arrested.

The fact is, many (and the number is growing) citizens do not trust law enforcement. They see examples of abuse on the news and in the papers and sometimes even experience it first hand. Please don't insult our intelligence by pretending to not know why a person might be afraid to attach his name to a true and valid complaint.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys!

Didn't mean to hijack this thread.

Prayers will be sent to your loved ones too.

Its tough when they get old.
Relaying a family situation like that should never be considered a hijacking! I think it was a thread you started where someone called all of us regulars here a sort of dysfunctional family. We can all argue and debate stuff till the cows come home but we should never object to a post telling us of a sick or hurting family member.
IMHO, you should feel free to keep us informed on dad's progress as often as you like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.