Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Does a Pa WCO

Old 02-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by fellas2
Sproul,if ignorance was money,you'd be rich.I'm normally thick skinned about heritage references,but being of Italian decent ,I am offended by that story and any association you infer with being Italian and committing such acts !
sorry if you felt that TRUE story was offensive.renovo was town that was ethnic areas. polish/slaves.swedes lived from 3rd to 7th,irish which i am lived from 7th to 12th.the italians lived from 12th to 16th st.

the deer in question came out of 16th st hollow.being these areas were what they are, i dont have to explain why a certain PEOPLE was involved because you felt insulted .you can see why it was and COULD have been other PEOPLE if it was in another area of this town.
again sorry a TRUE story of what was bothered you that much, rest assured i was not trying to single out any group only telling a story of what TRUE that happen long ago.

i have LOTS of true storys ,guess i will structure those involved a little different next time.

take care sproul
Old 02-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

W.C.O. RWJ, are you kidding about contacting that GW's supervisor?? I do not know how to answer that statement of yours? other than asking if you would think by reading these entries over the past months it is clear people have a clear mistrust, if not fear of interaction with the PAPGC. I do not beleive any containment of my name and complaint could be done by the Supervisor, PAPGC staff or other GW's in or around my area. I know response is "well we can't do anything if you don't report it". I think you are a good employee and stand up for them. I have learned from yoiur posts, but i don't beleive decent people , users of the hunting program in PA are going to open themselves up to this type of possible repercussions from you all. It just seems like interrogation anymore, not have you had a good day.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Buck Hunter 1
W.C.O. RWJ, are you kidding about contacting that GW's supervisor?? I do not know how to answer that statement of yours? other than asking if you would think by reading these entries over the past months it is clear people have a clear mistrust, if not fear of interaction with the PAPGC. I do not beleive any containment of my name and complaint could be done by the Supervisor, PAPGC staff or other GW's in or around my area. I know response is "well we can't do anything if you don't report it". I think you are a good employee and stand up for them. I have learned from yoiur posts, but i don't beleive decent people , users of the hunting program in PA are going to open themselves up to this type of possible repercussions from you all. It just seems like interrogation anymore, not have you had a good day.
I have had negative encounters with Hunters, Plumbers, Auto Mechanics.....ect, but I dont make a decision on any group baised on individuals. There is a formal complaint tracking system in place and it it used. If any of my DWCO's were violationg the law I would bounce them, If I knew of one of my fellow WCO's violating the law I would report that also. I do not like my integrety attached to anybodys actions.

There are laws in place to protect from witness tampering. What repercussions could there be? If the allegation is true they will be gone and not able to bother anyone.

Why would you be afraid to attach your name to a complaint if it was true? We cant stick our head in the sand everytime someone does something because we are scared. All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to say/do nothing about it.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

wco i have dealt with just hunting and at our sportsmans meeting were ok over 46 yrs i have dealt with them.driving on fields, that wco was wrong.or just did not think he was doing wrong but he did.

this is why i dont like to say who i am.to tell storys i do and all true as best i can,i could not do it if SOME knew who i was.
the nuts are out there.drugs are nasty mother when these people are on them.......
one poaching group had idea ole sproul knew to much last year.what did they do that i cant PROVE or ACCUSE or CONFIRM if it was them,they ripped my lawn up with big tires in winter at MIDNIGHT.
they are lucky i did not get to my [ ] fast enough or i bet they would have pooped in their pants while i [ ]
in air.

i wonder if i should delete that last sentence.

Last edited by sproulman; 02-03-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by WCO R.W.J
I have had negative encounters with Hunters, Plumbers, Auto Mechanics.....ect, but I dont make a decision on any group baised on individuals. There is a formal complaint tracking system in place and it it used. If any of my DWCO's were violationg the law I would bounce them, If I knew of one of my fellow WCO's violating the law I would report that also. I do not like my integrety attached to anybodys actions.

There are laws in place to protect from witness tampering. What repercussions could there be? If the allegation is true they will be gone and not able to bother anyone.

Why would you be afraid to attach your name to a complaint if it was true? We cant stick our head in the sand everytime someone does something because we are scared. All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to say/do nothing about it.

rwj, when you get POSITION of power most will get big heads.
i know, I WAS THERE.........its hard to bring people back to earth unless they have been involved with people/things etc and are allowed to be FAIR etc.
i see it with some fireman. they will pull you out of car and throw you on ground, if they could when badge is put on chest.
out of 10 you will have 1 that thinks he is FINALLY SOMEONE.

sadly when they are knocked down notch, reality sets in.being scared today is normal thing to be.
from my experience it does very little to COMPLAIN or file complaint.

i had fish warden that was mad at me because i did show up when he was stocking a stream at his camp and only 1 of our club showed up to help.he wanted those trout to be SECRET cause he had family coming first day.i was writing down the spots he stocked......
he wanted it that way.he made statement to my friend, IF I EVER CATCH SPROUL ALONG CREEK I WILL THROW BOOK AT HIM..

i called state rep then to inform him that this warden said this.did no good, he watched me in boat with binoiculars trying to see if i was drinking beer in boat. it was 7up cans when he opened my cooler.he them said i did not put the license on my hat facing right way so he could see it. did not know license had to be facing a certain way to see the trout stamp. he did not write me up ,only HARRASsED ME .
again, never had trouble with WCO but did with fish warden for such a little thig as knowing where he stocked fish .

i guess i would be mad also if i had my HONEY HOLES discovered too..

take care SPROUL
Old 02-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Potterco
I have yet to meeet a DWCO whom could get off their ego trip long enough to have common sense.
One of the biggest poachers in Sullivan County (the area I lived in for some years back in the 70s and early 80s) was the local DGW at the time. His family had a couple small farms in the area and everyone of the locals not connected to the family laughed how ironic it was that he became a DGW...sure didn't slow his kin folk down on poaching any...or him.

Was his last name Drakula or something like that?
Old 02-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WCO R.W.J
So why didnt anyone talk to his Supervisors the WCO or the Regional Director.

what makes you think I didn't?

Fact is the GW (as known back then) was his cousin...I honestly don't recall his name(GW) but he got fed up with the GC when they told him he had to drop his part time job of selling log homes and quit the GC all together this was back in the early 80s shouldn't be too hard for you to find out who it was if you want. but the DGW was Barry M. from Shunk one of the local M.s of Shunk, Pa ...his name shouldn't be too hard for you to figure out either if you want to.
I know I reported the actions of more than one WCO, DWCO and Trainee, know what happened...NOTHING to the best of my knowledge no one even contacted me.
You seem to be a straight talker an I got no reason to suspect you're anything but that. But if you honestly don't think there would be reprocussions for going to a Board member with a complaint about a WCO you may believe Obama will have a surplus in the budget next year!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

WCORWJ,
I have had negative encounters with Hunters, Plumbers, Auto Mechanics
and they don't carry a badge, I can hire another one and they don'tr have friends that carry badges. . Sorry no trust!
Old 02-04-2010, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Potterco
what makes you think I didn't?

Fact is the GW (as known back then) was his cousin...I honestly don't recall his name(GW) but he got fed up with the GC when they told him he had to drop his part time job of selling log homes and quit the GC all together this was back in the early 80s shouldn't be too hard for you to find out who it was if you want. but the DGW was Barry M. from Shunk one of the local M.s of Shunk, Pa ...his name shouldn't be too hard for you to figure out either if you want to.
I know I reported the actions of more than one WCO, DWCO and Trainee, know what happened...NOTHING to the best of my knowledge no one even contacted me.
You seem to be a straight talker an I got no reason to suspect you're anything but that. But if you honestly don't think there would be reprocussions for going to a Board member with a complaint about a WCO you may believe Obama will have a surplus in the budget next year!
That was 20 years before my time with the Commission so I cant speak as to what would happen then, But I do know what would happen now. All complaints are tracked and investigated.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:50 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Buck Hunter 1
WCORWJ, and they don't carry a badge, I can hire another one and they don'tr have friends that carry badges. . Sorry no trust!
you make a good point there. Some lose sight of the fact that a badge is nothing more than a sign of public trust and everytime an officer is arrested for doing something wrong it tarnishes the badge of all officers. Just like any profession there are good and bad, I prefer to think the the good far outweighs the bad in any profession.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.