HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Been Thinking It Over (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/315968-been-thinking-over.html)

ManySpurs 01-27-2010 02:32 AM

Been Thinking It Over

Thought it over throughout the night and came to a conclusion. With the recent request to create a sub-forum for Pa guys to duke it out regarding the DMP, our struggle obviously annoys some folks that don't have the inner strength to use the scroll button, and not click on a link that annoys them. If you've riding the MB circuit for any amount of time, you can see that the writing is on the wall. Obviously our struggle and fight annoys other hunters.

With that being said, not wishing to annoy folks any further, and in an effort to reduce my carbon imprint on the world, I'm saying goodbye to HNI and moving my thoughts to another arena of expression.

Good luck to all of you, it's been a pleasure. Ride hard, shoot straight and take a kid hunting. Adios amigos.:patriot:

blkpowder 01-27-2010 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by ManySpurs (Post 3563964)
Thought it over throughout the night and came to a conclusion. With the recent request to create a sub-forum for Pa guys to duke it out regarding the DMP, our struggle obviously annoys some folks that don't have the inner strength to use the scroll button, and not click on a link that annoys them. If you've riding the MB circuit for any amount of time, you can see that the writing is on the wall. Obviously our struggle and fight annoys other hunters.

With that being said, not wishing to annoy folks any further, and in an effort to reduce my carbon imprint on the world, I'm saying goodbye to HNI and moving my thoughts to another arena of expression.

Good luck to all of you, it's been a pleasure. Ride hard, shoot straight and take a kid hunting. Adios amigos.:patriot:

Sorry to hear this spurs! You along with a few others,always brought great topics to this forum and enlightening info in your debates.
For you :party0005:

BTBowhunter 01-27-2010 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by ManySpurs (Post 3563964)

C'mon Spurs! Stick around!!

We need you around here! We dont agree on a lot of things but I for one respect you as a hunter and sportsman and enjoy trading potshots with ya! (We all need an easy target once in awhile)

blkpowder 01-27-2010 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter (Post 3564038)
C'mon Spurs! Stick around!!

We need you around here! We dont agree on a lot of things but I for one respect you as a hunter and sportsman

Yeah,what Bob said, X2!

Been away for a month. What's new Bob? What's this i've been hearing about a mt.lion being hit on 66 near Apollo. Any info?

Pygmy 01-27-2010 07:23 AM

Hope you reconsider, ManySpurs...

I sent you a PM.....

bowfly 01-27-2010 07:54 AM

disagree, why leave?

weak...it is good to have these discussions it brings up thoughts others want to share, but sometimes are hesitant...ever been in a room where no one will ask a question, then once the first one is out, everybody has one?

BTBowhunter 01-27-2010 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by blkpowder (Post 3564080)
Yeah,what Bob said, X2!

Been away for a month. What's new Bob? What's this i've been hearing about a mt.lion being hit on 66 near Apollo. Any info?

It's a hoax. The alleged is about a mile from me and there's been no neighborhood buzz about it and believe me when I say with the cops and firemen that live all around me, the word would be out and folks around here would be buzzin like bees about it.

livbucks 01-27-2010 08:50 AM

A friend of mine that is a Trooper and patrols that area would know of it, if it was true. I will ask him.

BTBowhunter 01-27-2010 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by livbucks (Post 3564179)
A friend of mine that is a Trooper and patrols that area would know of it, if it was true. I will ask him.

As him if it had an Allstate tattoo inside it's lip:poke:

sproulman 01-27-2010 10:33 AM

Dont leave

i like reading your info. it would be great loss to see you go .:party0005:

livbucks 01-29-2010 04:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)

As him if it had an Allstate tattoo inside it's lip
I call total BS on this one.
I did a little snooping, and this is the claim:

This cat was supposedly hit by a car near Delmont. I don't think it to be true though. It looks like it was hunted with dogs and shot, probably out west somewhere. Check the dog crates in the back of the truck, appears to be an entrance wound behind the left front shoulder, with exit in the chest?
My friend that is a trooper said he knows nothing about it except the rumors that are circulating.
This is the picture that is going around:

blkpowder 01-29-2010 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by livbucks (Post 3565593)
I call total BS on this one.
I did a little snooping, and this is the claim:

My friend that is a trooper said he knows nothing about it except the rumors that are circulating.
This is the picture that is going around:

That's the photo a fellow club member was showing around and said it was hit on 66. That's why I asked Bob if he knew anything about the story.

livbucks 01-29-2010 05:23 AM

We understand that you weren't making the claim, Blkpowder.

BTBowhunter 01-29-2010 05:27 AM

Yep, thats the picture I got. Good catch on the dog boxes andthe wounds Greg!

livbucks 01-29-2010 06:00 AM

Funny how the plate is not visible.

bawanajim 01-29-2010 07:04 AM

I received an apology from JW and alls well.

Lanse couche couche 01-29-2010 07:10 AM

Bawa,

Am i missing something here. I know you are not particularly happy with the deer management in PA, but you have always come across as someone who has a fairly moderate and rational perspective on things and have been just as likely to discuss positives as negatives.

Maverick 1 01-29-2010 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by bawanajim (Post 3565703)
This was in my PM box this morning, I love this place.
But since I have nothing to add I'll be done adding also.:confused0024:

Dear bawanajim,

You have received a warning at HuntingNet.com Forums.

Reason:
-------
Insulted Other Member(s)

It is hard enough to police the Noetheast forum and all you disgruntled PA people.

Stop it.....have nothing nice to say or nothing to add don't post!

JW

Jim,

I don't think you should be posting this and making it public. It shows bad taste and it appears like you are trying to start something.

Screamin Steel 01-29-2010 08:58 AM

Why not. I personally think that if they have such a problem with us "disgruntled PA people"....they can tell us all at the same time. Kinda like profiling, imo. If you al want, check out another board, where all are welcome, and its all about PA, all the time. www.wildpa.proboards.com

blkpowder 01-29-2010 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Maverick 1 (Post 3565772)
Jim,

I don't think you should be posting this and making it public. It shows bad taste and it appears like you are trying to start something.

Jim is not trying to start something. I read his post about BB coming back. BB once again added more to it than there was. As others who read it, gave the same response as I did just now.

blkpowder 01-29-2010 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Screamin Steel (Post 3565783)
Why not. I personally think that if they have such a problem with us "disgruntled PA people"....they can tell us all at the same time. Kinda like profiling, imo. If you al want, check out another board, where all are welcome, and its all about PA, all the time. www.wildpa.proboards.com

Great site!!!! I'll be spending more time their.:happy0001:

JW 01-29-2010 10:53 AM

I gave it some thought and think I made a mistake.

Bawanajim – my apology! You have been at this longer than I.

If you want to rub my face in it - so be it...I still saw your post as causing trouble which happens so many times here……...but I am going to back away totally from the Northeast forum.......

I stepped into a wasp nest and am tired of being stung as I am just a volunteer tryig to preserve a very good outdoor web-site and to help others.

That is how I see it –

Bluebird2 – let’s fix one thing. You have a tendency that is the argument does not go your way to keep at it. You quote data – oaky……but all good statisticians can make any data look great or look negative.

You have won some arguments and then lost a few. I stepped in with a warning to which a day later you posted negatively to which took the thread totally away from the original poster only IMO to bash once again. Thus the time off…….

So now you have it – and have it –

Again if I offended – not my intention at all – but the constant harping on how PA is managed for deer over and over and over – well makes me believe you are not solving anything at all, but have become the problem. So with the total hunting population in decline – you do nothing to help fix it!

JW

bawanajim 01-30-2010 03:02 AM

I didn't mean by posting it to "rub your face in it" I wanted people to know why I was gone, I accept your apology as this is the Internet I take nothing to serious and do understand how moderating a forum can be anything but fun.
And I will try to be more positive about what I post, thanks again for taking another look at the situation at hand.

Have a great weekend, Jim

pats102862 01-30-2010 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by JW! (Post 3565869)

Again if I offended – not my intention at all – but the constant harping on how PA is managed for deer over and over and over – well makes me believe you are not solving anything at all, but have become the problem. So with the total hunting population in decline – you do nothing to help fix it!

JW

I would have to respectfully disagree with you on this. This constant back and fourth between these guys sparked my interest on how our deer herd is actually being managed and kept my computer forum time mostly devoted to HNI. I admit it does get a little carried away sometimes, but everyone involved I noticed tries to keep it in the confines of the northeast forum, on Pa. subjects. Unlike some sites I visit where they allow mobs to troll around the whole forum and bash anybody who disagrees with their views. I do appreciate the work of the moderators not letting it turn into that.