Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
"Busloads"? of angry deer hunters descend on PGC meeting! >

"Busloads"? of angry deer hunters descend on PGC meeting!

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

"Busloads"? of angry deer hunters descend on PGC meeting!

Old 01-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Banned

"It's no more the job of the GC to make hunters happy than it is a parents job to keep their children happy."
Sure it is. Hunting is the management tool. To say it doesnt matter is completely irresponsible on the part of a management agency. Which is why most dont make that ridiculous leap.

"The GC manages the wildlife resources of PA and a parent raises(manages) a child.
Child says "I don't want to go to school or brush my teeth". If it was the parents job to keep their child happy they would use their spawns input in deciding if they should make said offspring go to school and brush their teeth."
Only problem in your little depiction is that its not debatable that not brushing can lead to extreme health implications. Our deer program is very nonessential as is. There would be far more good than harm by NOT staying the course exactly as is. There is much room for improvement. Staying the course, in comparison to your little parent child theme would be more like the parent knocking the childs teeth out with the back of their hand. Totally uncalled for, Totally unacceptable and very extreme. So extreme, the parent should be prosecuted. Unfortunately thats not a legal option currently for pgc. Pgc isnt doing one thing for "our benefit" but do slap us across the face figuratively every chance they get.

Then again, its kinda funny to see your usual condescending antihunter sentiment referring to hunters as the children and an agency which many if not most believe to be corrupt as the "wise parent". lol .

Last edited by Cornelius08; 01-25-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Windwalker7
Please explain why the PGC doesn't get its fee increase.
You're kidding right?

Because the legislators havent seen fit to do the right thing. And PLEASE dont insult our intelligence by telling us that our elected politicians are doing the peoples bidding LOL. One only has to turn on any news channel any day to know that our politicians have gone way far away from that principle on all fronts in Harrisburg just as they have in Washington. Incumbents have ALWAYS shied away from hunting and fishing license increases like they were a plague! It's not really any different this go around.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

>would be more like the parent knocking the childs teeth out with the back of their hand.

That would be child abuse and negligence. Violations of the law.

If you think the GC is violating the law go to court and seek an injunction. That's what the USP is doing.

A better example is a parent decides to send their child to violin lessons instead of scoccer camp. Or raise their child in the jewish faith vs. baptist. It is entirely within a parents legal perogative to do so.

They are allowed to raise their child as they see fit.

Same as it's within the legal perogative of the GC to manage the number of deer in PA based how those deer effect the other flora and funa vs. raising the max possible deer over the short haul and to hell with what that will mean down the road.

WV Gino
Old 01-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Banned

"Because the legislators havent seen fit to do the right thing."
Theyve done the right thing. The job of the representatives is self explanatory. To REPRESENT the people. The people have spoken. The representatives listen. Theyve also cited the exact reason for it. Deer plan.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Banned

"That would be child abuse and negligence. Violations of the law."
And what pgc is doing could be called negligence by not acknowledging the harm they are doing, and it SHOULD be a violation of the law.

"If you think the GC is violating the law go to court and seek an injunction. That's what the USP is doing."
No thank you. I think i'll trust my legislators to handle the fight on my behalf. For an individual to take on pgc, or dcnr or other state agency would be like Vern Troyer trying to take on Mike Tyson.

A better example is a parent decides to send their child to violin lessons instead of scoccer camp. Or raise their child in the jewish faith vs. baptist. It is entirely within a parents legal perogative to do so.
Not when they rely on their childs soccer derived income (like hunters paying the bills), as well as having society benefit greatly (like us controlling the deer herd) in some way because of that childs interest in not violin but soccer. To push the violin and say screw the soccer would be asinine on the parents part.

"Same as it's within the legal perogative of the GC to manage the number of deer in PA based how those deer effect the other flora and funa vs. raising the max possible deer over the short haul and to hell with what that will mean down the road."
No reason to worry about "down the road" with reasonable, accepted and proven deer densities.

You also dont have to completely sacrifice one over the other if the goal for neither is "extreme". If you want extreme levels of biodiversity, you will have extremely low deer numbers. If you want extremely high deer numbers, you'll have little biodiversity. There is also a balance. That balance should be what is considered the norm pretty much everywhere else. And thats not happening here currently. Audubon, dcnr & pgc do not want "balance". Their values differ from those of the average "normal non extreme enviromental" people of Pa.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 01-25-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

The window doesn't open and the fan is broke
And my face is turning blue
I haven't been in a crowd like this
Since I went to see the Who
Well I should've got off a couple miles ago
But I couldn't get to the door
There isn't any room for me to breathe
And now we're gonna pick up more.... yeaaah

Another one rides the bus
Another comes on and another comes on
Hey, who's gonna sit by you

Sorry! Couldn't help myself! But I also agree with BTB, if you really believe that the deer program needs changed. You keep pressing at "all" angles you have available for your behalf. There are many resources out their to let your thoughts and feelings be known.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Banned

Nope. Sorry you dont like my methods or those of many other pa hunters. Pgc is a lame duck agency, doing dcnr & timber + audubons bidding. To ask anything of substance from Pgc is like asking the 5 year old neighbor to borrow his dads truck.
They wouldnt have the authority if they even wanted to.

How many guys are gonna drive halfway across the state to a meeting such as this after the last decade of it being so effective? lol. Not me. Work here to do. If i had NOTHING to do, and i could be driven by limo for free with food & drink included I wouldnt have gone. I'll not even acknowledge that pgc input system as legit. Its not.

Im putting my effort to actual use where it actually is meaningful with the legiscritters. Laying in bed all day would be better spent time than wasting it saying one more word to pgc. I havent been to a meeting or even sent them an email in years. Only words I wanna hear from them is "goodbye"..

Last edited by Cornelius08; 01-25-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

It's lookin' more and more like ol' ManySpurs has had a whole bunch of smoke blown up his arse. We'll see tomorrow.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:39 PM
Banned

....Dont get me wrong, there ARE a few good guys on the boc pretty much all throughout this ordeal. Thing is they are kept to a minority, so their vote is meaningless. Boop is a good example. Hes been against this dmp all along. Cant do anything though when you have the rest of the boc made up largely of representatives from "other" special interest groups.

You have some who are members of various conservancy groups. Those groups are antideer. Some are members of antideer groups like the made up yes man org. "pa deer association". Another few are qdma... And at least 6 of the 8 are members of PennFed sportsmen & conservationists....a well known to be "pgc yesman" group who encourages the "enviro" movement & embraces nonhunting enviro extreme members, whom many believe are callling the shots in the organization. Pennfeds representative btw, gave testimony supporting the deer plan as usual & funding, so its not gonna be hard to figure out how the associated commissioners will most likely vote on issues in the future..

If thats not having a stacked board, Im not sure what is.

...>Course noone thinks it odd members of one known yes man org. who are antideer would make up 6 members of an 8 man board? lol.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 01-25-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
You're kidding right?

Because the legislators havent seen fit to do the right thing. And PLEASE dont insult our intelligence by telling us that our elected politicians are doing the peoples bidding LOL. One only has to turn on any news channel any day to know that our politicians have gone way far away from that principle on all fronts in Harrisburg just as they have in Washington. Incumbents have ALWAYS shied away from hunting and fishing license increases like they were a plague! It's not really any different this go around.

What exactly is it that pursuades a politition to vote the way they do?

I'm thinking that maybe elected officials would want to keep voters happy. They'd certainly realize that if they make voters unhappy they may lose their job.

So tell me again BTB, why would a politition refuse to allow the PGC a fee increase?

What is in it for the politition if he votes , "NO!"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.