Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
"Busloads"? of angry deer hunters descend on PGC meeting! >

"Busloads"? of angry deer hunters descend on PGC meeting!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

"Busloads"? of angry deer hunters descend on PGC meeting!

Old 01-26-2010, 06:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Based on what I have been reading here in the last year or so, this is the scene that i would have expected:
Attached Thumbnails "Busloads"? of angry deer hunters descend on PGC meeting!-mob.jpg  
Old 01-26-2010, 06:21 AM
Banned

It was for years lanse. I believe thats been explained. Go troll elsewhere.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Lanse couche couche
Based on what I have been reading here in the last year or so, this is the scene that i would have expected:

With all the negative noise on this site you'da thunk we'd have had more than a dozen man march!
Old 01-26-2010, 06:34 AM
Banned

Dont know why youd think that?? I dont know of one person on this site that said they were going.

In fact its the opinion of many the meetings are a complete joke.

Just chalk it up as another blunder by slinsky to infer otherwise.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 01-26-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cornie,

As a general rule of thumb, protests against widely unpopular policies intensify through time rather than diminish. If said policies are supposed to be having a continued detrimental effect, then it should be attracting new and fresh numbers of protestors.

Or, maybe lots of folks were just too busy grilling venison or driving to the taxidermist to pick up this season's mount to make the drive in for the meeting.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, the rabble was really roused!! Just heard that JS the fearless leader showed up, saw the one short bus and the one van, hung around for a little while and left.

So, lets see, on here it's claimed that a vast majority is unhappy. A poll here even supports that. Of course we all know, mostly from the disgruntled, that this site has become the last hideout for those banned from other sites that dare to allow this subject to go on. Of course the all PA site which happens to have 3-4 times more participants online at any given time from one state than this one has from all 50, has an entirely different tone. The tone there is one of support for most of the current DMP. Not that there arent suggestions for improvement, but over there, folks dont claim the sky is falling.

When all the facts are added up, the massive dozen man march on Harrisburg shouldn't be a surprise after all!

Of course, i Guess one short bus and one van makes a total of two. Two or more allows plurals in a description so I guess the report could be stretched out to a claim of "busloads" if that were your agenda. It'll be interesting to see Jimmy the Slink's report on this one!

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 01-26-2010 at 07:33 AM. Reason: TYPOS AND SPELLING
Old 01-26-2010, 07:49 AM
Banned

Lanse says. "As a general rule of thumb, protests against widely unpopular policies intensify through time rather than diminish."
Yes, but thats only according to "the general thumb protest book according to Lanse" lol. Most can see the common sense in those being ignored no longer taking that route. Insanity is said to be doing the same over and over and expecting different results. In this case for hunters it would be doing things over and over and over and over... Hunters apparently dont fit that description in regards to politics. A decade is a long time to protest to the wrong people.

"Or, maybe lots of folks were just too busy grilling venison or driving to the taxidermist to pick up this season's mount to make the drive in for the meeting
. "

He he he. Yeah thats it. Doing all that in between calls to legislators praising the pa deer plan, and asking for a fee increase, as well as a hefty pay raise for director Roe.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

So, Cornie if insanity is doing and saying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, then the Moderators here should have showed up at your house with the straightjacket long, long ago....
Old 01-26-2010, 08:01 AM
Banned

"Yep, the rabble was really roused!! Just heard that JS the fearless leader showed up, saw the one short bus and the one van, hung around for a little while and left."
Statement made by a highly biased pgc supporter on hpa. Gotta be valid info! lol

"So, lets see, on here it's claimed that a vast majority is unhappy."
Here, there, across pa.... Where isnt it said? Perhaps some unknown area of Pa as yet undiscovered.

"A poll here even supports that. Of course we all know, mostly from the disgruntled, that this site has become the last hideout for those banned from other sites that dare to allow this subject to go on."
Sounds like unbased attempt to discredit people. There are no more "banned" people here than on any other site. Users on hpa haved been banned on other sites, and people banned there and elsewhere frequent other sites... Such statements are nothing more than purposely Inflamatory and totally uncalled for. Address the issue. Youre trying to make it personal out of desparation. There are also "voters" here who are pgc employees as well as other antideer agency personell. Far higher rate than they represent within society. So dont give us that crap. If anything the rate of nonsupport would be even more than shown here. And thats backed by nonbiased LEGISLATOR POLLS. One of which i previously posted. Hpa polls dont even support you. The HUGE majority on ALL of the polls support CHANGE.

"When all the facts are added up, the massive dozen man march on Harrisburg shouldn't be a surprise after all!"
I agree. No surprise. And said so several times.

Btw, how many busses did it take to get the testifying supporters there? lmao. The same couple pgc insiders & pennfed.. Far fewer than the detractors. Didnt even need a "bus". Id say a mini cooper wouldve sufficed. lol
Old 01-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Banned

So, Cornie if insanity is doing and saying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, then the Moderators here should have showed up at your house with the straightjacket long, long ago....
Lanse, nothing about that was accurate. I do nothing that fails over and over expecting other results. I post as i see fit, just as you do. Not expecting any "results" from my posting other than discussion and educating those not informed. IF those who matter see it swell. If not, thats all good too.

You simply want to flame again and again and it seem you just cant help yourself. You take a break for a week, let things simmer down, then back you come for more. You dont live here, dont hunt here, but have said how you love the controversy and arguing here, so agitate incessantly including personal attack on a consistent basis despite moderator warnings. Only shows your level of respect for other users and moderation.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 01-26-2010 at 08:15 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.