Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
New Maine record or hoax? >

New Maine record or hoax?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New Maine record or hoax?

Old 01-24-2010, 05:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default New Maine record or hoax?

This photo was sent to me by my cousin,which was e-mailed to him. It is supposedly a new Maine whitetail record. There wasn't much detail accompanying the photo. Maybe Champlain,Ed or Phil may know something of this story. It is strange that noone from Maine posted this in the northeast forum.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

Gotta be some great photoshopping ! If you look at the deer compared to the guy the deer would have to weigh 500lbs.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

This has been flipping around a afair bit. Regardless, it is a massive freaking deer. He doesnt look like he is dressed for hunting though, and isnt most Maine deer hunting done with snow on the ground? I would bet lunch at McDonalds that it is a very expensive pen raised deer.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:42 AM
Typical Buck

That thing is the size of an elk. If that was a record somewere, I'm sure it would have been reported in some outdoor rag.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by blkpowder
This photo was sent to me by my cousin,which was e-mailed to him. It is supposedly a new Maine whitetail record. There wasn't much detail accompanying the photo. Maybe Champlain,Ed or Phil may know something of this story. It is strange that noone from Maine posted this in the northeast forum.

LOL we do have some big deer but I have never seen anything that size..LOL It is surely some great photo shopping though..

He doesnt look like he is dressed for hunting though, and isnt most Maine deer hunting done with snow on the ground? I would bet lunch at McDonalds that it is a very expensive pen raised deer.
Not really as it veries from the northern part to the southern part of the state. Most of the state in the past few years has had little snow on the ground. It is normally cold in most areas though.. I would bet you it is nothing more than photo shopping..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 01-25-2010 at 04:08 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think that deer is tranked. His tongue tells a tale along with no blood of any kind. Deer usually die with their eyes open. He is panting, it appears.
My neighbor's cousin's sister's neighbor tranked one just like it.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

stomach is disproportionate to the rest of the body/man.
Also, there is a gap between the hand and rack. FAKE
Old 01-25-2010, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

My BS meter is pegged on this one! The sheer fact that it hasn't been spalshed all over the outdoor press says volumes.

I say fake!
Old 01-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

Well gentleman,the hunter is from Maine. The deer is not fake! What is fake,the location of the kill. Wonder what the hunter paid for that buck?

Maine Buck Removed

January 16, 2010 by JT
Filed under Deer Hunting, General

We removed that big buck post from “Maine”, it was a fake deal, actually it was from a deer farm somewhere in WI. I received comments and info from a couple of readers…thanks guys. I was afraid of that from the beginning. We do not endorse pen raised deer hunts, only fair chase hunts.
www.american-hunter.com/monster-buck-from-maine

It was killed on a trophy farm in Wisconsin.
This farm: http://www.wildernesswhitetails.com/ . If you go to the Trophy Gallery for 2009, this picture is in there.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Fork Horn

According to the Wilderness Whitetail website (and sure enough, there is our lucky hunter and buck) it is an 800 acre game farm. $10,000.00 for a 170 class or greater deer, with a 5000.00 trophy fee, depending on actual scoring! I am sorry, but the massive deer they show look grotesque to me. Sure I would love to honestly come by a huge wild grown deer, but I couldnt be proud doing it this way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.