Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
How will you spend the "off" season? >

How will you spend the "off" season?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How will you spend the "off" season?

Old 01-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Banned

It simply couldve rubbed when it skidded off the road hard enough to pull the hair(or grind it off at the base on the pavement) but not rip all the way through the hide itself, just taking off a light layer. I dont see why its not at least possible. Ive had it happen to deer ive taken, occassionally on long drags over rough ground. Add the dislocated leg joint,(which i didnt know about originally) and id say its very likely. Id say the offending culprit is most likey a ford F-150.

Probably the same with the one id seen, it just got raked a little harder and ripped the hide and all.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 01-20-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:05 AM
Typical Buck

It can only mean, that the chupacabra has moved in to the area. They are mortal enemies of deer...and in the past, historically high deer densities kept the chupacabras at bay. Now, in the wake of HR, they have moved quickly to take advantage of the lower deer numbers, and claim PA as their new stronghold. Our only choice is to restore deer populations, before the chupacabras develop a taste for human flesh.

Seriously, I think it is just some bad road rash. I've seen similar bare patches on road kills as well as the lucky few that get rolled and live to tell about it. I think this one got clipped/ rolled. But the chupacabra theory is much more interesting!
Old 01-21-2010, 04:11 AM
Typical Buck

It makes it easy to find the kill zone, just put the pin on the bare spot.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gonna practice with my bow in the off season. That big 9 point I overshot on Friday the 13th is still a sour taste. I still can't believe I blew it after I patterned him so well and had the drop on him at 20 yards. Wide open, broadside and him totally oblivious to my presence. Oh well! He was sure a nice one!
Old 01-21-2010, 05:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, our Techno-hunt league starts this week. Thats always a good time.

The organized coyote hunts are starting up but my coyote hunting partner just had shoulder surgery and wil be out of commission for 4-6 weeks. Nephew is really gung ho to shoot some dogs and foxes though so I'll still get out there.

Visiting the daughter in Arizona in February and plan on taking a rifle and the Foxpro and nailing a few coyotes while we're out there. Wont have to bundle up for that hunt. There's always a chance that a bobcat will happen by too. Would love to have a bobcat pelt to add to the critter collection!

In the meantime, gonna get out this afternoon and hope to arrow one more doe. Got one more sausage recipe waiting.

Hey Many Spurs, Now that we've kind of pinned it down to an
F-150, what caliber are you planning on using to take it down?
Old 01-21-2010, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

If you thnk a 25mm AP round will do the job, I may be able to help! LOL
Old 01-21-2010, 08:01 AM
Banned

Btb,what on earth is a techno bow shoot? Is that one where you shoot targets while listening to this stuff?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOCFz...eature=related

Or do you just shoot the discs the musics on?...

....Check out about 30 seconds of that. Then just picture a bunch of guys, unshaven, chaw of tobacco in, hardcore hunter types standing on the line with bows drawn with those lights and that music playing. lol.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 01-21-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Many Spurs, Now that we've kind of pinned it down to an
F-150, what caliber are you planning on using to take it down?
Well, since I seen that doe hobbling around on that front leg during archery season with her hair still intact, I ain't entirely convinced that she has a case of road rash.

However, if'n I was lookin' to take out one of them F-150s, I reckon I'd do the deed with a .50 Chevy.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ManySpurs
Those four red marks in the middle of the wound look like fang marks to anyone?

WEREWOLF
Old 01-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
Btb,what on earth is a techno bow shoot? Is that one where you shoot targets while listening to this stuff?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOCFz...eature=related

Or do you just shoot the discs the musics on?...

....Check out about 30 seconds of that. Then just picture a bunch of guys, unshaven, chaw of tobacco in, hardcore hunter types standing on the line with bows drawn with those lights and that music playing. lol.

It's basically video archery but you use your own eqipment with special blunt tips on your arrows.....

http://www.bowhunting.net/evaluation/00-Technohunt.html

The range is a darkened tunnell and the computer plays video of various anmals which are projected onto a kevlar mat. You choose when to shoot and the computer senses your arrow and scores heart, vitals body or miss or sometimes will score as obstructon or no shot situation.

You cant take it too seriuosly but it is a barrel of fun. There used to be a similar system called DART that was far better in my opinion but they went under. It used to be a very popular thing but has faded out a good bit just like anyother video game.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.