Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
How will you spend the "off" season? >

How will you spend the "off" season?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How will you spend the "off" season?

Old 01-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

Dang I wish I would have set the cam on 4.1 mp when I set it up. I'd have a finer picture. But here's a pic from the original. Looks like it's ripped right down to the fat to me.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ManySpurs
Off season? In this day and age? There is no off season for me. I take my 2 hour walk each day looking for sheds, coyotes, big tracks and tending to my 4 cameras. After that, it's answering phones all night long while also tying flies to meet the April 1st deadline on a 175 dozen order. After that, I manage to be a lazy individual with his eyes closed.

One thing on my priority list is catching up to the critter that did this.......

Boy, this is wierd. The land owner where I hunt said we have a wounded deer hanging around there. What he explained to me is alot like what this deer looks like. He said she had a huge chunk tore out of the side. He seen it come and go for over a week now.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ManySpurs
Dang I wish I would have set the cam on 4.1 mp when I set it up. I'd have a finer picture. But here's a pic from the original. Looks like it's ripped right down to the fat to me.

Hard to tell from a picture but I'm thinking that we're looking at bare hide. If it was down to the fat, wouldnt we see a rougher edge? I'd also think we'd see some meat visible down toward the lower part of that area. I would think an injury that could get through the hide wouldnt look so nice and smooth underneath.Just my best guess!!
Old 01-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

It looks like they might be chewing at it.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

Those four red marks in the middle of the wound look like fang marks to anyone?
Old 01-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

I don't think so. It looks like bare skin
Old 01-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

Sure would be cool to figure it out. If you look at the original picture, you can see that the front right leg is swollen at the joint. I'm sure that this is the same doe that I seen during archery season about a dozen times. At that time, unlike me, she had all 'er hair.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Banned

Swollen joint, + pulled out hair might suggest road rash.

I think i might be with you guys who say thats the skin and not fat. I would imagine otherwise there'd be a hanging flap as on the deer i saw. At least a piece of one. Nothing short of a knife or laser surgery would remove a piece like that cleanly and completely, and like btb said id imagine some muscle would show.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

it most likely got hit by a car.. no big conspiracy theory here
Old 01-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by buckclub
it most likely got hit by a car.. no big conspiracy theory here
I doubt it. Why would the hair be off down to smooth skin. I would think it would have to be drug under a car to shave the hair off like that and there don't look like any skin damage. I think its pulling its hair out for some reason.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.